we just can't decide...

While this is baby 3 for us, our two older are girls ([name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name]) and for some reason, boys names are really tough…

I’d love to hear your thoughts on ones that we are considering…

[name]Abraham[/name] [name]John[/name] (NN [name]Abram[/name] or [name]Bram[/name] - thoughts?)

[name]Elias[/name] [name]John[/name]

[name]Keegan[/name] [name]James[/name] or [name]Keegan[/name] [name]John[/name]

Thanks!!

Hehe! I have the opposite problem. We have a couple really great boys names that are just perfect - but I think that girls are too hard!

Your girls names are really beautiful and classic. So I think that [name]Abraham[/name] [name]John[/name] and [name]Elias[/name] [name]John[/name] are my faves. I love both of those but I have a soft spot for [name]Elias[/name]. Such great choices! But I think that [name]Keegan[/name] doesn’t really fit with your girls beacuse it is uber trendy and getting super popular. Also, just saw it on a girl the other day, I don’t know if this is a sign of it going unisex - has anybody else seen that?

[name]Abraham[/name] [name]John[/name] (NN [name]Abram[/name] or [name]Bram[/name] - thoughts?)-Two classic names, and the flow is nice. I do have to say that for me, [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] don’t really go with a biblical name. Between [name]Abram[/name] and [name]Bram[/name], I’d have to go with [name]Abram[/name], because I grew up with a [name]Bram[/name] who, well, let’s just say that knowing him makes me pick [name]Abram[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Elias[/name] [name]John[/name]-Another great combination, but is [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Elias[/name] both have the “el” sounds that may cause you to become tongue-tied (or maybe that only happens to me!) :slight_smile: I like [name]Elias[/name] over [name]Abraham[/name] with your girls’ names, but you need to pick the name that really speaks to you!

[name]Keegan[/name] [name]James[/name] or [name]Keegan[/name] [name]John[/name]- [name]Keegan[/name] is too trendy for me, and it doesn’t go well (just my opinion!) with your daughters’ names. Plus, as the previous poster noted, it is becoming unisex. (I knew a little girl named [name]Keegan[/name], and the little boy [name]Keegan[/name] I knew was always mistaken for a girl when his name was read off a list. To make matters worse, his mother kept his hair long, which only added to the confusion!)

[name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] are GORGEOUS names, and I love your classic and elegant style.

Here are some ideas:
[name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name] and:
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Willem[/name]

[name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name]-daughters

[name]Abraham[/name] [name]John[/name] (NN [name]Abram[/name] or [name]Bram[/name] - thoughts?)- this is so cute. I especially love [name]Bram[/name].

[name]Elias[/name] [name]John[/name]- [name]Elias[/name] is one of my very favorites and I think it goes great with [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name].

[name]Keegan[/name] [name]James[/name] or [name]Keegan[/name] [name]John[/name] I don’t tend to like names like [name]Keegan[/name]. I worry that they won’t have a long shelf life. Plus for me [name]Keegan[/name] doesn’t go with [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name].

[name]James[/name] and [name]John[/name] are lovely middle names.

[name]Jill[/name]-the above poster-has some great ideas for other boys’ names. I love [name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name] and [name]William[/name] is in my top five favorites for boys-maybe top three along with [name]Philip[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name]. [name]Philip[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] would sound nice with your daughters’ names, too. I also love [name]John[/name] for a first name. Not very imaginative but stunningly classic.

Thanks, [name]Susan[/name]. I love [name]William[/name], too, but will have to save it for a mn due to my first name!

this is so helpful - and it is fascinating to read other name suggestions - we had concerned quite a few! I am just hoping we can make a decision before I go into labor!! (38 weeks now!)

thank you!

I think that the names [name]Finn[/name], Dechlan, [name]Owen[/name], [name]Grant[/name], [name]Lukas[/name], [name]Colby[/name], [name]Christian[/name] (nn [name]Chris[/name]- so classic), [name]Dorian[/name], [name]Kingston[/name], and [name]Hugh[/name] would go really well with your daughters names :slight_smile:

so we’ve narrowed it down to [name]Abraham[/name] and [name]Elias[/name]… but we keep going back and forth and I am going to be induced in one week if he doesn’t come sooner!!

Here are our biggest concerns:

[name]Elias[/name] - we love the nn [name]Eli[/name] but are really worried that this is becoming very popular… thoughts?

[name]Abraham[/name] - we can’t agree on a nn… my husband likes [name]Bram[/name], my older daughter likes [name]Abe[/name] and I am all for [name]Abram[/name] (somehow I like 2 syllable nns). We feel like this would be a less “popular” name choice, but are really not sure what to do about nn… thoughts?

thanks for your input!

I love [name]Elias[/name]! [name]Even[/name] if [name]Eli[/name] becomes a popular name, your son can choose which he wants to use.

[name]Abraham[/name] and [name]Elias[/name] are two fantastic choices, and if you can’t decide now, you can always look at him after he’s born to see if he’s an [name]Elias[/name] or an [name]Abraham[/name].

I prefer [name]Elias[/name] over [name]Abraham[/name], especially when combined with [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Isabelle[/name]. I wouldn’t worry about its popularity, because [name]Elias[/name] is too great of a name to pass up!

When it comes to [name]Abraham[/name], I like [name]Abie[/name] (I knew a darling [name]Abie[/name] growing up) and [name]Abram[/name], because I knew a [name]Bram[/name] who ruined the name for me.

You seriously can’t go wrong with your options!

[name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Isabelle[/name], and [name]Elias[/name] is my pick!

I love the name [name]Elias[/name] BUT with the popularity of [name]Eli[/name] [name]Manning[/name] and because of other factors, all versions of this name ARE becoming more popular. If you really are concerned with a classic name getting trendy, as you may be after naming your daughter [name]Isabelle[/name], I’d say [name]Abraham[/name] is definitely your better choice. As for the nickname, that’s the kind of thing I think you can wait to decide once the baby’s here and you see what he looks like and which name flows most easily off the tongue!