We just got a BFP! What do you think of our name choices so far?

We are Pregnant! This is going to be our first baby. Help us rate our picks so far! Our last name is very long and greek :joy: ( our current fave is [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] is it too out there? )
Boy:
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Alfie[/name_u]
[name_u]Forest[/name_u]

Girls:
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is my favourite boy name, so that’s my favourite off your boys list :sweat_smile: The adorable [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] would be my second choice. [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] is definitely not too out there, I know of quite a few born the last couple years. It’s not my cup of tea, so it’s my least favourite from your boy list. [name_u]Forest[/name_u] is nice, but I prefer it spelled with two R’s.

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] is probably my favourite from your girls list, with [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] in second. I also really like [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]. The others aren’t my style.

For a boy, I really like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_u]Alfie[/name_u], although maybe [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] as a nickname. [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] is nice although maybe difficult for certain personalities to wear.

For a girl my favourites are [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] least favourite on a girl would be [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] as it is so very masculine and I know it would be assumed she is a male. With a Greek last name, I love [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] and [name_f]Thea[/name_f] if you like those.

I vote for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f].

Atlas isn’t too out there and I love that you’re considering it for a girl and a boy

[name_u]Atlas[/name_u] is not too out there at all! It’s a common and easily recognized Greek god. Since your last name is very Greek, are you okay with giving him/her a Greek first name?

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is one of those timeless names you can’t go wrong with. [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is a cute, modern, strong name/nickname. This is my second favorite. It is starting to get super popular again, so if that bugs you I wouldn’t choose it.

[name_u]Alfie[/name_u] is just adorable! I really like this one too. It doesn’t age very well imo but other than that it’s a great name.

[name_u]Forest[/name_u] is handsome. I like it with one R bc then it’s not too connected to [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] Gump.

I love [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] from your girls list! They’re both cute but strong nature names. Very playful and very usable.

[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] are too old fashion for me (just not my style).

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is okay, I prefer it as a nickname. It’s more of a pet name to me (I’ve met a ton of dogs named [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]).

[name_f]Imo[/name_f] [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] is a little odd for a girl. Usually I’m all for unisex names, but since [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] is a common Greek God, I wouldn’t name a girl that.

Here are some suggestions:
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_u]Dash[/name_u]
[name_m]Aries[/name_m]/Ares
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]/Luka
[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
[name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
[name_u]Harry[/name_u]
[name_u]Freddie[/name_u]

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Millie[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] from your boys list! In fact, [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] would make a handsome, subtly Greek combo.

From your girls list, [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] gets my vote.

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Atlas is not too out there at all, I would love to meet a baby with that name!

Theodore and [name_u]Forest[/name_u] are great! I don’t care for [name_u]Alfie[/name_u], sorry.

River and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] are my favorites out of your girls names, and some of my all time favorite names. So pretty! [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] or [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] would sound gorgeous!! [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] are pretty too. [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] aren’t my style.

Good luck!!

I love [name_u]Atlas[/name_u], [name_u]Forest[/name_u], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]

Congratulations!
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u] would be very handsome for a boy! I love [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] for a girl. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] or [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], perhaps?
Your list is amazing!

Good luck!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! Good luck and I wish you all the best with your journey to parenthood : )

Atlas ~ I like this name it’s strong, handsome and I think is unique yet recognisable so would work with a more complicated surname to the [name_f]English[/name_f] speaker. [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] is a great choice.

Theodore ~ a gentlemanly classic with a strong sound and feels rather ageless. It’s just a stable and I like that you can use [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] for a baby yet when they get older switch to [name_u]Theo[/name_u].

Alfie ~ I’m from [name_f]England[/name_f] [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] is sooooo common everyone uses [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] it’s just a blah name to me I’m not keen.

Forest ~ I love [name_u]Forest[/name_u] it’s a handsome, outdoorsy choice that feels wholesome and I think is very cute. I like [name_u]Forest[/name_u].

River ~ I think this name can work for both sexes but I do prefer [name_u]River[/name_u] for a boy.

Atlas ~ this feels all boy to me really dislike on a girl

Felicity ~ a feminine classic very elegant and it’s a lovely virtue choice. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] has a range of great nicknames such as Fliss & [name_f]Flick[/name_f]. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name.

Cecilia ~ a lovely vintage choice with a sweet sound it’s pretty and I like [name_f]Cece[/name_f] as a nickname.

Poppy ~ this is a very cute floral name with a spunky upbeat vibe I also think this name would work brilliantly with a longer surname.

Sadie ~ a great vintage choice feels very fashionable and fits right in with the other vintage choices becoming popular like [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Polly[/name_f] & [name_f]Betsy[/name_f]

1 Like

I would rank them as:

Theodore
[name_u]Forest[/name_u]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u] (maybe too Greek with your surname?)
[name_u]Alfie[/name_u]

Cecilia
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]

I think [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u] or [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] would be amazing!

I love [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] ~ I don’t think it’s too out there. I also love [name_u]Forest[/name_u]. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] isn’t my favourite, but I really like [name_u]Theo[/name_u] as a nickname. [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] just isn’t really my style.

The only one of your girls’ names that I don’t love is [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], but that’s just personal taste. I really love [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]! I also think [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] would be adorable on a little girl.

Love the nickname [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], so I’d go with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] is pretty cute, too.
Girls: [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]River[/name_u]! [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] has tons of vitality as well.