We need a name list...

So, here is my criteria.
My son’s name is two syllables and starts with R and ends with N.
I would like a brother name that:

Does NOT start with an R, or an A
Does NOT end in an N
Is at least 2 syllables
Isn’t top 20.

Thanks guys - I wish this site was searchable for this :wink:

Any particular style you’re going for? It’s a bit hard to suggest without any real idea. A few ideas I had:

[name]Josiah[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name] (just barely out of the top 20, but still…)
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Riley[/name]

Good luck!

Great names!

[name]Reading[/name] them I realize that I really want a two syllable only name. And again - not starting with an R or an A.

I liked [name]Riley[/name] and [name]August[/name] - but I don’t want to double up on family initials.

I like nature names, but my husband only likes name names so I wanted to leave the style open. We like some traditional names like [name]William[/name] and [name]Wyatt[/name], but not [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Henry[/name].

Thanks for weighing in - keep them coming.

oops! haha. I didn’t even realize those were ‘R’ and ‘A’ names when I suggested them… Hmm, instead, maybe something like [name]Wiley[/name]/[name]Wylie[/name] and… well, I can’t really think of an alternative to [name]August[/name], haha. Maybe something like [name]Beckett[/name] or [name]Everett[/name]? [name]Bennett[/name]? I’m not very familiar with Nameberry’s supersearch, but the best advanced search I could on another name database that I could–and skipped past most of the "A"s. :slight_smile: You’d have to eliminate the names in the top 20, and the “A” and “R” names, and the “N” ending ones, but that was about as good as I could do, haha. I would think it would be a nice start, anyway! They found 400-some names, so hopefully you’ll find something you like. :slight_smile: (Nickelodeon Parents | Printables, coloring pages, recipes, crafts, and more from your child’s favorite Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. shows.)

[name]Conner[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Easton[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Kian[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Fergus[/name]

A blend of styles… more you narrow things down the better suggestions!

emiliaj

[name]Emmett[/name], [name]Elliott[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Carter[/name], [name]Parker[/name], Elim, [name]Liam[/name], [name]Cooper[/name]