We need help choosing a name for a boy.

Hello!
My husband and I are expecting our first baby in the late spring. We aren’t sure of the gender as of yet. We seem to be set with possible girls names but we can’t agree on boys names. My taste ranges from classic to eclectic. I am of Irish/ Norwegian decent and my husband’s family is from Slovakia. I might be nice to use names from our ethnic backgrounds but it’s not a must. I don’t know if this matters but my name is [name]Corinne[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and my husband is [name]Charles[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]. [name]Alexander[/name] is a strong possibility for a middle name. Please help us, we are open to new suggestions as well as feedback on the names below.

Names I like:
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name] -Family name on Irish side
[name]Anders[/name]/[name]Andersen[/name]-Family name on Norwegian side
[name]Liam[/name]- We both like this name but I am worried that it’s too popular. It would be a nice choice since my grandfather, father and brother are named [name]William[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] is a version of [name]William[/name].
[name]Jasper[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] IT!!! Unfortunately it’s the name our dog came with when we rescued him. I am only listing it to give you an idea of our taste.
[name]Ivan[/name]- This one is really growing on me but I would love to know what your thoughts are about it

First off, congraulations on expecting! I like all of the names on your boys list, they are all great names!
[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Nolan[/name] [name]Anders[/name] - it honors both sides of your family
[name]Ivan[/name] [name]Anders[/name] - for some reason I really like this name it has a really nice sound and flow to it.

[name]Hope[/name] these help! Good luck in deciding on the name that you both love!

I love all of your choices except [name]Ivan[/name] (sorry!).
From the others, my favourite is [name]Anders[/name].
Good luck! You have some great options.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Nolan[/name], [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Anders[/name]. None of the are overly popular in our area (Midwest).
If you like [name]Jasper[/name], what about [name]Flynn[/name], [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Jacoby[/name], [name]Holden[/name].

I love [name]Ivan[/name], it’s amazing, but there’s [name]Ivan[/name] the Terrible and as the name suggests, he wasn’t very nice. [name]Anders[/name] is a lovely name that’s quite familiar. [name]Jasper[/name] is beautiful. [name]Nolan[/name] is a good one too. [name]Aaron[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] are nice enough, nothing I jump up and down about.

Maybe you’d like…
[name]Ivo[/name] or [name]Ivor[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name] (quite common in both Slovakia and Norway)
[name]Kazimir[/name]
Pavol
[name]Milan[/name]/[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Konrad[/name]
[name]Cyril[/name]
[name]Aurel[/name]
[name]Henrik[/name]
[name]Andreas[/name]
[name]Sondre[/name]
Eskil
[name]Kasper[/name]
Brage
[name]Jesper[/name] (norwegian version of [name]Jasper[/name])

I’m a big proponent of using family names when possible, as it gives the name a lot more meaning, imo. [name]Anders[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name] are fabulous names!! I’m loving [name]Nolan[/name] [name]Andersen[/name].

I love [name]Nolan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] [name]Alexander[/name].

[name]Anders[/name] is so handsome and not very common in the US. I think [name]Anders[/name] [name]William[/name] is an amazing name. I really like your tast in names. [name]Aaron[/name] is great too, but [name]Anders[/name] is fresher and honors family.

I love [name]Liam[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]! I really like the connection [name]Liam[/name] has to your family.

I really don’t think it matters that the dog is named [name]Jasper[/name] too. If that’s a name you both love, just chalk it up to fate. I had a friend who’s dog’s name was [name]Lexus[/name], and a year later they had a kid and named her [name]Alexa[/name]. [name]Both[/name] were nicknamed [name]Lexi[/name]. Sure people commented on the similarity, but most people thought it was cool that the dog was like a harbinger of the child to come.

Thank you so much for both the well wishes and the name combinations, I like them both.

The note about [name]Ivan[/name] was just what I was concerned about. I am not quite ready to let it go but it’s something to really consider. Thank you for suggesting [name]Cyril[/name], I have always liked it, as well as Henrick which I hadn’t thought of.

I love this combination. Thanks for pairing [name]Anders[/name] with [name]William[/name], I forgot to mention it was a possible middle name.

[name]Don[/name]'t be sorry about not liking [name]Ivan[/name]. Thanks for giving your opinion, it really helps.

I may be the odd one out but I happen to love [name]Ivan[/name]. It is such a strong and handsome name and it is time to move on past the [name]Ivan[/name] the terrible association. I think [name]Liam[/name] is very nice though quite popular. I also like [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Anderson[/name]. Maybe [name]Ivan[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]? [name]Nolan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]? [name]Anderson[/name] [name]Liam[/name]?

Thank you everyone who has posted so far, I didn’t realize how many great combinations there were in that list. I love all of them. - [name]Corinne[/name]

Those are great, thank you. I am glad [name]Ivan[/name] gets some love.

I think [name]Anders[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name] are both excellent names, and they both have ancestral significance. I’d definitely choose one of those. [name]Even[/name] without the familial significance, I’d still choose between these two.

[name]Liam[/name] is alright, but just way too popular for my tastes.
[name]Aaron[/name] is a solid choice too, but I prefer [name]Anders[/name].
[name]Jasper[/name] would be a solid choice as well, but with a dog named [name]Jasper[/name]… no.
[name]Ivan[/name] isn’t my favorite of names. I don’t know why, but in my mind it feels somewhat ‘evil’.

I love [name]Ivan[/name]! Its so handsome and underused. I like the other names on your list but they are kind of drab and played out. [name]Ivan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] is so strong and kingly!

You cold always do [name]Alexander[/name] as a first name and [name]Anders[/name] as a nickname for something a little different. He would have something handsome and classic as a first name but still have a quirky, fun nickname.

I agree with you about [name]Ivan[/name] and [name]Ivan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] is quite kingly [name]IMO[/name]. I do really like it. My dad teased me about this particular combo though saying “Why stop there? You should add [name]Attila[/name] and Genghis while you are at it”. I would have liked [name]Alexander[/name] in the first name position but my sister’s S.O. is named [name]Alexander[/name] so it would be a bit odd especially if they break up.