We need help...

My husband and I are having our first daughter after three boys and several years of trying for another without any luck. So this baby girl feels sooo special and I want her to have a name that’s perfect as she’ll definitely be our last. The problem is that my husband and I just can’t agree on what we want. I have looked at SO many names and I feel like I’m running out of ideas- and I can’t even seem to stick with one style. I like sweet and feminine, modern and spunky, hip and vintage, and word names. I can say I want something that’s not too common and that I’m not a fan of hybrid or invented names. My husband’s style just seems to lean to “no”. Aargh.

I’m not too worried about sibsets because I already messed that up :wink: my sons are [name]Jake[/name], [name]Delano[/name] (Duh-la-no) and [name]Elijah[/name]. My husband is Native American with a very unusual Irish name, and I have a very plain and common name. Her middle name will most likely be the Navajo three syllable word for beautiful, Nizhoni, though that’s not set in stone, and our last name is two syllables and starts with J.

Here are some of the names we’ve considered:
[name]Veruca[/name] (my only concern with this one is the [name]Willie[/name] Wonka association. And that a Verrucae is a type of wart)
[name]Juniper[/name] (my personal favorite so far)
[name]Summer[/name] (hubby actually suggested it but I’m not a huge fan)

And that’s all we can come up with that isn’t a complete no for one of us. I did see a name that someone suggested for another [name]Berry[/name] that I absolutely loved - [name]Ever[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it. Unusual, feminine, feels poetic, word name, nature name. But… A girl at work has a daughter named [name]Ever[/name] and she is not fond of the idea of sharing that one!

So please, please …help me find the name that clicks in just the right way!

[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Everly[/name]/Everleigh
[name]Aveline[/name]
Aydra/Aidra/[name]Adra[/name]

Please don’t go with [name]Veruca[/name]!

I like the above suggestion of Everleigh.

[name]Coral[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]

[name]How[/name] about [name]Eva[/name] instead of [name]Ever[/name]? You could always pronounce it like [name]Ever[/name], but with an A ending instead of the ER. Something like [name]Eva[/name] [name]Winter[/name] [name]Rose[/name] would very sweet. Other ideas:

[name]Willow[/name] [name]Emilie[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Aria[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Cora[/name] [name]Willow[/name] [name]August[/name]
[name]Wren[/name] [name]Eveline[/name] [name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Ginevra[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

The first thing that jumped out at me is that your personal fave and his personal fave and the [name]Berry[/name] combo you like all end in -er. So, maybe that is at least a start at finding a name style. Also, if you like [name]Ever[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Rose[/name], maybe you and dh need to do three names. That way each of you gets to use one you like…

[name]Summer[/name] Nizhoni [name]Juniper[/name]?

• er names-
    [name]Ember[/name], [name]Parker[/name], [name]Collier[/name], [name]Spencer[/name], [name]Kimber[/name], Weather, [name]Greer[/name], [name]Piper[/name], [name]Pepper[/name], Dever, [name]Harper[/name]

Names that seem to be in the [name]Summer[/name]/[name]Juniper[/name]/[name]Ever[/name] style-
[name]Penelope[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Marisol[/name], [name]Meadow[/name], Wetherly, [name]Lorelei[/name], [name]Tabatha[/name], [name]Ariadne[/name], [name]Zinnia[/name], [name]Pilar[/name], [name]Milena[/name], [name]Maren[/name], [name]Poppy[/name],[name]Bellamy[/name], [name]Bryony[/name]

[name]Augusta[/name], [name]Augustine[/name], [name]Aria[/name], [name]Calla[/name], [name]Sabine[/name], [name]Serena[/name], Vivid, [name]Charlize[/name], [name]Garnet[/name], [name]Gioia[/name], [name]Devon[/name], [name]Willa[/name], [name]Juno[/name], [name]Isla[/name]?

I’m not a lot of help with names (can’t even agree with my own husband let alone someone else’s!)

I think [name]Veruca[/name] is very, very close to verruca and perhaps too close. I notice that you have capitalised ‘Verrucae’ which probably just goes to show how close to the name it is.

[name]Veruca[/name] is absolutly awful…seriously i think it is a type of wart…
i love [name]Juniper[/name]…[name]Ever[/name] seems better in the middle…[name]Summer[/name] …omg there are SOOOOOO many …
I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Harper[/name]…

When I was in junior high I was dead set that I would name my first daughter [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Laine[/name].
A decade later when I finally had a girl I found that my tastes changed and I nixed [name]Juniper[/name] but I
still think it’s pretty.

There’s a singer in my part of the world called Kimbra. I think it’s a lovely name and Kimbra the singer is a spunky hip chick with a great voice Kimbra - "Settle Down" - YouTube

Thanks for all the great suggestions! Looks like [name]Veruca[/name] is out… and I’m glad I asked because I have a bad habit of naming my kids when I’m hormonal and then later wondering what I was thinking. I still feel really unhappy about the name I selected for my middle son but sometimes people in your personal life try to hard to be nice and won’t give you honest feedback on a name!

I really like several of the suggestions that you all gave and I think I’m just going to have to pick one that I’m in love with and work my DH into it, which he agreed last night is probably the best way to come up with a name.

I love the suggestions of Everleigh, [name]Eveline[/name], and the middle name suggestion of [name]Winter[/name] [name]Rose[/name]- I also like [name]Juno[/name] quite a bit and had thought of using that as the NN for [name]Juniper[/name]. Thanks so much for all the great suggestions!

[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Everly[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Mae[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Rose[/name]