We think Kai's brother has a name- opinions please!

I think we may have finally decided on a name for our second son, joining big brother K@i V!ncenzo:

F!nn Harr!son

I think it has the same “beachy” feel as K@i, flows well with our long Italian last name, and sounds really cute as a sibset with K@i. [name]Harrison[/name] is after my father and grandfather [name]Harry[/name].

Thoughts/opinions?

[name]Finn[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] is a cool name and a great sibset for [name]Kai[/name] [name]Vincenzo[/name]. [name]Kai[/name] & [name]Finn[/name] - what a team! Best wishes to you!

I love both names, but honestly they do clash, stylistically, to me. [name]Kai[/name] seems exotic, [name]Finn[/name] sounds very Irish and casual. But if you love them, that’s all that matters! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your reply :smiley:

I know what you’re saying…for the longest time I was so concerned about the names being similar in all aspects, including style, but I finally realized that I was never going to find a name if it had to meet all of my “criteria.” So while the styles are definitely different, I think they have the same “feel” to them, which I think is more important to me. Besides, I don’t think the average person will analyze the names like most of us would on here :smiley: Thank you for your honest reply, I appreciate that!

I think they are both solid names and are very right to the point names. They may not be from the same roots or culture, but they are both simple, strong names. Congratulations!

I think they’re perfect together! The different origins thing didn’t even occur to me, and it doesn’t bother me in the least. They have the same laid back, cool feel, and to me thats what matter more in a sibset. [name]Finn[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] is a great combo, too! I’m biased since [name]Finn[/name] is one of my favorite names ever, but still! And I’m excited to see someone using it on it’s own and not as a nickname!

Thank you so much!! I feel the exact same way about them- they are both very laid back, surfer boy-like names. I’ve always loved it, but DH vetoed it a while back because he thought it would be too close to his name- he’s [name]Vinny[/name], shortened to [name]Vin[/name] most of the time, but I guess he realized that’s not that big of a deal- Juniors have to deal with having the exact same name!
He’s the one that brought the name back to the table this morning, and I’m so glad he did, because it felt right as soon as we started using it :slight_smile:

I’m glad you like [name]Finn[/name] on its own too- I’m just not into most of the longer versions- they don’t have the same feel to me.

Well we’ve been using [name]Finn[/name] for about a week, and it feels good. [name]Just[/name] starting to worry about how well it will age without a longer form for him to fall back on…I just don’t really care for any of the longer versions. Can you see [name]Finn[/name] on a 50 year old in the business world?

Very cool! [name]Finn[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] is awesome! I also think it will age just fine. I think there a slew of baby boys being named similiar short names and it doesn’t sound like a nick name at all- just fine alone. I actually think it sounds more substantial then [name]Kai[/name] does - which I love too. [name]Finn[/name] is shooting up the charts ( not to worry) but at the same time I don’t think it will be unheard of! They sound like brothers!

Help! My son is [name]Kai[/name] too. Due in 5 days with no decision on a name for our second son. I love [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Kai[/name] and have thought of using it too but does not work well with our last name. My husband and son, [name]Kai[/name], want this baby named [name]Beau[/name]. I really like it but feel I have to meet him first. [name]Kai[/name] meaing “Beautiful” ( along with several other things in tons of languages in cultures) and [name]Beau[/name] meaning handsome. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Congrats with [name]Kai[/name] & [name]Finn[/name]