Wearable or Weird?

So I’m just curious really if this could be a wearable name or if it would pose a few too many issues with pronouncation…
The name up for debate is Rhodanathwen.
I’d pronounce it as : Rhod-antha-wynn
It’s created by combining the names Rhodanthe and Wynn. Also what nicknames could you see spart from the obvious Rhodes, Rhoda and Wynnie?
Thanks Berries

I think it would definitely pose issues with pronunciation. I don’t know where you live but I can’t imagine anyone where I live would ever get it right without a lot of practice.

If you really like the idea of a combination of Rhodanthe and Wynn - what about Rhonwen?

3 Likes

Yes I see your point I figure like my other kids she’ll go by a nickname 98% of the time as long as there’s an acessable nickname I think it’d be easier.

The pronunciation isn’t too difficult once it gets sounded out but there’s so many letters happening that trying to read it made my brain panic and shut down so I think it might be difficult to wear.
[name_u]Ronnie[/name_u], Anna/Ana, [name_u]Anne[/name_u], [name_f]Annie[/name_f] could work for nicknames.

2 Likes

I can imagine it would definitely give people a pause when they saw it - a moment to figure it out. Should that make it unusable? No - there are plenty of names I’ve encountered at work where I’ve had to stop and figure it - or ask/look it up!

A usable/familiar nickname would help make it more approachable - like:

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] / [name_f]Ana[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
Raffie
[name_f]Ro[/name_f]
[name_u]Ronnie[/name_u]

2 Likes

I personally don’t think this is wearable.

so the spelling, along with being just a lot of letters in general, doesn’t match your intended pronunciation for me. I would say Rhodanathwen “ro-dan-a-thwen”. if you want ro-dantha-wynn, I would spell it Rhodanthawen.

but that’s neither here nor there because I think it’s way too complicated. I actually like the sound, it just feels like a lot of name. I do like [name_u]Rhodes[/name_u] and [name_f]Wynnie[/name_f] as nicknames! I’ll also add though that if you’re looking for other nickname ideas because you don’t like the obvious ones, maybe this isn’t the name for you. a complicated full name, plus obvious nicknames that you don’t like, sounds like a recipe for not the name.

3 Likes