Wearable? Too much?

I love the name [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and the name [name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think I would be able to use [name_u]Eden[/name_u]-[name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f] as a first name or is it too much?

I personally find it too much. [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f] as a first and middle feels like a less bulky option, and you could still call her by both names if and when you wanted to.

I agree. To me it comes off as too bulky. What PP suggested

It’s too much for a first name in my opinion.

What about [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]? ([name_f]Lillian[/name_f] as a middle name instead of [name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f])

Considering my own son has a very long first name, I can’t necessarily knock this as “too much” but it does feel like a lot of name in the first spot and that’s before considering middle name options (I couldn’t put my finger on why it felt like so much name before but I think other posters nailed it mentioning that [name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f] is already a compound name before adding [name_u]Eden[/name_u] to it.) It’s a bit heavy. [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f] as a first and middle would be lovely though!

As [name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f] in itself is already a double-barrel name (combining [name_f]Lily[/name_f] & [name_f]Anne[/name_f]), yes, I do find [name_u]Eden[/name_u]-[name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f] too much for a full first name. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have a middle you’re set on using (why the hyphenated first otherwise?) – [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f] as first and middle would be much better.

I feel like it’s too much, I’d split them and go first and middle.

I think [name_u]Eden[/name_u]-[name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f] is a bit too much as a single first. It’s hyphenated, and [name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f] is a compound name as is. However, I think both names are positively lovely separately, and [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f] could be great as a first and middle.

Like others have said [name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f] is already a double barrel name so I don’t feel it’s one you can use in combination with another name and smush it all into the first name spot. Use it as a middle and call her by first and middle. I call all my kids by their first and middle very frequently.

I agree with what the others said. [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f] without the hyphen looks better and would be a lovely first and middle - Plus she could still go by both if you wanted! :slight_smile:

What about [name_u]Eden[/name_u]-[name_f]Lily[/name_f] or [name_u]Eden[/name_u]-[name_f]Anne[/name_f]? I do agree that [name_u]Eden[/name_u]-[name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f] would be too bulky but I don’t think that means you cant have a compound name with [name_u]Eden[/name_u].

It feels too much for a multi-combined first name. [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f] works beautifully as a first and middle name combination … gorgeous. Hyphen names seem rather tawdry, but that is merely my opinion.

I agree it’s too much. I’m not a fan of double barrelled names. I can’t imagine people calling her [name_u]Eden[/name_u]-[name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f] all the time as it’s so long. People would likely just call her [name_u]Eden[/name_u], double barrelled or not.