Week old DD#2 and still no name!

Please help us!! I’m so mortified that we haven’t been able to choose a name for our daughter yet. DD#1 is [name]Emory[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and we mostly call her [name]Emmy[/name]. The names we are considering are as follows:

[name]Ava[/name] [name]Stewart[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Olive[/name] nn [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Austin[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name] (but I am up for different middle names for margaret)

All are family names except [name]Ava[/name] (I just love that name). [name]Emory[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] are both family names as well and we prefer it that way. I realize [name]Emory[/name] is considered a unisex name, but I’m actually not really partial to that style… it just happened to be the only name we could agree on. Of course I love it now, though. I pretty much have the vote on this one, I just can’t make up my mind… which name do you all like the best with our precious [name]Em[/name]!? Thank you in advance for your help!!

[name]Ava[/name] is extremely common. If you’re cool with that, good, but if not, here are some alternatives to consider:
[name]Aviva[/name] [name]Stewart[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] [name]Stewart[/name]
[name]Una[/name] [name]Stewart[/name]

The others are lovely. Have you considered [name]Greta[/name] as a nickname for [name]Margaret[/name]?

I agree with vim’s suggestion of [name]Ada[/name], such a pretty name without the trendy popularity of [name]Ava[/name] (although [name]Ava[/name] is undeniably pretty, which explains the popularity!)

I was just thinking of [name]Ada[/name] with [name]Emory[/name]! It’s a very sweet and gentle name next to [name]Emory[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I love the alliteration of her name! Would you like to continue that with DD #2’s name? [name]Ada[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] comes to mind. Although I’m not a huge fan of [name]Alexandra[/name] I like the vintage sound with [name]Ada[/name].

My vote goes to [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Olive[/name]. I love the nickname [name]Kate[/name]! :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the helpful thoughts, ladies! While I realize [name]Ava[/name] is really popular, I (for some reason) don’t mind that this time around. With DD#1 i was staunchly against anything in the top 100… now, eh, if I really love it, I’m going to go for it. So I guess this is my long winded way of saying, the popularity doesn’t matter to me. I guess I’m more concerned with having a flow amongst the girls. I do think [name]Ada[/name] is very pretty, but we’re pretty set on these 3 names, I just need to make a choice. DH will kill me if I start re-introducing new names! =) So, what’s your pick?

i vote on [name]Ava[/name] but with [name]Alexandria[/name] as a middle name. But [name]Kate[/name] is nice

My vote is for [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Olive[/name]. Gorgeous! [name]Love[/name] [name]Kate[/name].

I would pick [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Olive[/name], although I love [name]Margaret[/name]… But definitely [name]Katherine[/name]. [name]Kate[/name] is too cute!

[name]Hi[/name]!

I would pick [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Olive[/name] for [name]Kate[/name] - but I think [name]Kit[/name] or [name]Kat[/name] would be perfect! - or [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Austin[/name] for [name]Maggie[/name] - or [name]Meg[/name]! - for your second daughter. I also think that [name]Olive[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Olive[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] would be nice, with [name]Liv[/name] I suppose being the nickname, or [name]Livy[/name]. Or, you could even do [name]Austin[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Olive[/name]!

I love [name]Ava[/name] [name]Stewart[/name]! I think it is a beautiful and distinctive combination. I love that [name]Stewart[/name] and [name]Emory[/name] have a little unisex/surname-y connection but the two names in full are undoubtedly feminine, quite striking, and strong.
In my opinion, [name]Ava[/name] is leaps better than [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] as a sister to [name]Emory[/name]. I think [name]Olive[/name] as a first name could work - I think pp mentioned [name]Olive[/name] with nn [name]Livvy[/name] would be cute with [name]Emory[/name] nn [name]Emmy[/name].

P.S. - my name is [name]Emily[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], so close to your [name]Emory[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Olive[/name]!!!

Another vote for the gorgeous [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Olive[/name] :smiley:

OK ladies, sorry I went [name]MIA[/name], BUT we decided on a name for our beautiful little lady. Due to some of your brillance, we’ve decided to go with [name]Olive[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] and call her [name]Liv[/name]. DH just loved the idea of having an [name]Emmy[/name] and a [name]Liv[/name]. We also liked that both their first names are quirky yet strong family names and their middle’s are alike in that they are strong, family names yet more classic. I think it’s a win all around. A big thank you for your ideas as we NEVER would have thought of [name]Liv[/name] as a nickname for [name]Olive[/name]!!

[name]Emory[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Olive[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]… how oh how will we trump these names with number 3??? =)

Thank you again!

Yay! Congratulations on deciding on [name]Olive[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]! [name]Love[/name] [name]Emmy[/name] and [name]Liv[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I too like [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Olive[/name], [name]Kate[/name] is adorable. The reverse also works [name]Olive[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], lovely!

I don’t really like [name]Ava[/name], not for the popularity reason, I just don’t like it. I do however like [name]Eva[/name] a lot!

Oh hahaha! I didn’t see that you already chose the name, funny that I liked [name]Olive[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] too! Congrats!

[name]Olive[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] is perfect! Congrats on your little girl.