Weird name issues with ending sounds?

So, I noticed lately I have certain name endings to names that I just love or don’t like. Like, I love the -mund or -mond sound ending to names, but I hate the -ey ending in names. Yet, I find myself with one on my list. It’s not in my top four or even ten. It’s in my top 25 list, and I’ve liked the name since I was little. But, that’s the only expectation to the rule of ey endings.

I like [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], but the ey ending bugs me too much. I have aubree spelt with out the ey ending because the name is my favorite. Does any one else catch them self with this problem or have a favorite sound in a name?

I find that for boys I like -son or -sen names. I like -a sounds on the end of girls names too. If I’m honest though, I cant think of a particular sound that I dont like.

I really love the -a sound for girls and the -n sound for boys.

I love soft ending boy and girl names, so ones that end in -ah, -ee, -oh and the soft ‘s’ sound. I also like -son/-en ending boy names.

I love the strong K/C at the end of a boy name (e.g., [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_m]Erik[/name_m]) besides plain [name_m]Rick[/name_m], I haven’t found one that I don’t like. For girls, originally I was bigger on the -ee sound, but overtime I’ve grown more fond of -ah because I have fears that -ee names may sound too childish (still love [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] though).

I can’t think of any offhand that I don’t like, but I’m sure there are some!

@ottertails I love [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]! my fiance’s name is [name_m]Erick[/name_m], spelled with a c and k. It’s interesting and not too many people have it!

The -son names seem to be really popular for boys. I do like a few as well, though!

I love s and l sounds in names. I can’t stand j, b, th, sh, and ch sounds in names. Though I can think of one or two exceptions for each of those.

I love the ‘v’ sounds in names, such as [name_f]Caoimhe[/name_f] (KEE-va), [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], and [name_f]Avila[/name_f]. I also love the ‘l’ sound, such as in [name_f]Alishia[/name_f], [name_f]Camille[/name_f], [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f], [name_u]Ainslie[/name_u], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]/[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], [name_f]Nalani[/name_f], you get the point. I actually have the exact opposite opinion as you. I don’t really like the -mond endings, while I love -ey/-ie/-ee/-i. I do prefer to change the spelling from -ey to -ie. The only exception to this rule is [name_f]Nalani[/name_f], because it is traditionally spelled that way and I like the -i anyway. But I find that interesting.

Expectations to some things that make you cringe just makes you wonder how your brain works, but its interesting. I love [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], as well. The -ia ending is very calming but girly to me.

I seem to have a thing for boys’ names that end in -an/-en/-in, to the point that it’s problematic: the first names I’m considering are [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_u]Alden[/name_u], [name_m]Ian[/name_m], and [name_m]Colin[/name_m]/[name_u]Corin[/name_u]; and some of the middle names I like also end in -n ([name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], [name_m]John[/name_m], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]).

If I have several boys I don’t know what I’ll do… it’s sounds a bit matchy/sing-song to use several names with the same ending.

I don’t have this problem so much with girls’ names.

I don’t like -ah or -ee endings for girls. I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] -ine endings, though - [name_f]Nadine[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], Maybelline, etc. I love them so much it was hard to pick one of the bunch. For boys, I’ve really been digging the -el sound lately.

I have so many girls names on my list that end in either -lena or -ine. I tend to be drawn to girls names that have L’s or N’s in them.

My taste in boy names is a little less cut and dry. I generally like boy names that end in consonants, particularly, S, N, or R.