weird request...

Can you think of any first names to go with the middle name [name]Florence[/name]? I love the name (and the city!), but I am terrified of [name]Flo[/name] as a nn.

Well, first off I think you could completely avoid [name]Flo[/name] if you started calling her [name]Flossie[/name] or [name]Florrie[/name], and I also don’t think most people would automatically nickname [name]Florence[/name] as it is only two syllables and so easy to say, but with [name]Florence[/name] in the middle how about :

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Azalea[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Lilliana[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Florence[/name] (sounds best with [name]Florence[/name] when pronounced loo-CHEE-a, as opposed to LOO-sha)
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Zinnia[/name] [name]Florence[/name].

[name]Do[/name] any of these strike your fancy?

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Florence[/name] is lovely! and it is perfect because I originally fell in love with the city while reading A Room With a View, and the heroine is [name]Lucy[/name]!

You have awesome taste! :smiley:
NNs for [name]Florence[/name]: [name]Flory[/name], [name]Ren[/name], [name]Flor[/name], [name]Flossie[/name], [name]Lori[/name], [name]Lola[/name], [name]Lolo[/name], [name]Loren[/name]
I actually think [name]Flo[/name] is really refreshing on a little girl, so original!

:smiley:
Iz