Weirdest baby name you've ever heard?

ME: [name_f]Serendipity[/name_f] for a girl

Zerubbabel. From the Bible. For a white kid in the Midwest. Seemed like a whole lotta name for that kid. And there are no good nicknames, really.

2 Likes

I knew a Subrella! Her mom let her 4 year old sister name her! She was supposed to be a [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] :neutral_face:

2 Likes

So funny you mentioned that! [name_f]My[/name_f] brother used to play hockey with a boy named Zerubbabel, but instead of pronouncing it zer-rub-uh-bul, it was pronounced zor-oh-bob-uhl.
He also played hockey with a boy named Whiskey.

2 Likes

Boy named Vox. I like it.

1 Like

Karbon [name_u]Skye[/name_u] (a girl)

2 Likes

Probably R@gnar-M00n :crescent_moon: (boy)

Or Ladybird (girl)

2 Likes

Foreign and Thriller for a girl :flushed:

2 Likes

OMG haha

Trouble (girl). It was a middle name but still!
[name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] (boy)

1 Like

I’ve seen [name_u]Danger[/name_u] as a middle name for boys

3 Likes

I know a girl named [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_u]Danger[/name_u]! (She also has a brothers named [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] [name_u]Wild[/name_u] and [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] [name_u]Brave[/name_u])

4 Likes

I am in shock over Karbon [name_u]Skye[/name_u] :sob:

There are so many offbeat names where I live but I like most of them. Roots was a unique one!

1 Like

Temperance

2 Likes

Szasz (saaz) for a girl

1 Like

@Summs

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, I saw it too.

I did a little internet search to find out more. She was born [name_f]Wanda[/name_f]. She took her father’s last name (her maiden name) as her first name when she got married to honor him and always have a piece of him with her (as well as having a memorable name in the marketing world), if I understand it correctly.

1 Like

I think mine would have to be [name_m]Spike[/name_m] or [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] (both boys). I thought [name_m]Spike[/name_m] was a nn but it’s not.

1 Like

Khayos. Hands down. Absolute nightmare, too.
Contenders for runner up: Kieyton, [name_u]Denim[/name_u], Nikyle

In terms of female names? Never encountered anything quite that bizarre, but there were twin girls round the corner from me growing up called [name_u]Storm[/name_u] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f], and I’ve known a [name_f]Destiny[/name_f], a [name_f]Starr[/name_f], and I know of a Zysla and a [name_f]Pebbles[/name_f]. I also know of someone with the middle name [name_f]Bebe[/name_f] and someone else with the middle name Tinkerbell.

1 Like

I know of someone with the middle name Tinkerbell too!

2 Likes

I think a celebrity named their son [name_u]Pilot[/name_u] Inspektor actually spelt like that too. [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t remember who it was.

1 Like