Welcome, Amory!

Thirteen days after the due date, and following a very dramatic labour and delivery, our gorgeous ‘surprise’ arrived on 18 [name_u]August[/name_u] 2020.

[name_u]Amory[/name_u] [name_m]Keith[/name_m] [name_m]Rudolph[/name_m]

[name_m]Rudolph[/name_m] is my surname. We considered it as a first name too (nn [name_u]Rudy[/name_u]) but ultimately thought that might be too much. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I don’t care for double-barrelled surnames, so decided to keep my name in the family by making it a middle name for our child(ren).
[name_m]Keith[/name_m] honours my husband’s father, who passed away a couple years ago.
Boys names were tough! (We had our gir’s name picked out right away.) We used Nameberry and a lot of other resources to come up with our shortlist. I adore F [name_u]Scott[/name_u] [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m] and This Side of [name_f]Paradise[/name_f] means a lot to me. [name_m]Say[/name_m] what you want about that [name_u]Amory[/name_u] [name_u]Blaine[/name_u] (there are more heroic protagonists!) but my husband and I both love the name. We like that it’s rare but not too wild; it has literary pedigree and will age well. It suits our little boy perfectly!

12 Likes

Congratulations! I LOVE [name_u]Amory[/name_u], how handsome :heart: I’m glad you’re both OK despite his dramatic delivery.

1 Like

Congratulations on your little one! Such a sweet name!

Congratulations! He has a wonderful name.

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_u]Amory[/name_u] is so handsome :purple_heart:

Congratulations!

Congratulations! Such a handsome name!

Congratulations! [name_u]Amory[/name_u] is such a wonderful name!

:blush:

Congratulations :confetti_ball:
What a great name! I love it. It’s a very handsome, strong, charming and meaningful.
I love that you decided to use your surname. All the names have amazing meanings.

Good luck with everything! Stay safe

1 Like

Congratulations! I love it so much!