Welcome Anastasio!

Anastasio [name_f]Raz[/name_f] was born two weeks ago and joined our family through adoption when he came home with us from the hospital at three days old.

His birthmother chose his first name and his birth aunt chose his middle name. Names mean so much to me as a name nerd, but I couldn’t presume that they wouldn’t mean just as much to someone else, so we decided a long time ago that we would keep the name a birthmother had chosen if she had one for her child. We were of course biting our nails behind the scenes about that commitment knowing there are so many names out there we don’t like, but honestly, we are so overjoyed with his name and of course so happy that he is here!! We would never have chosen another -io ending for our sibset on our own, but his name fits so gorgeously with big brother’s: H0rat1O F3L1x.

With help from berries in narrowing our list, we will be trying out the nicknames [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] and Taz, but like our eldest, we think we will likely call him by his full first name the majority of the time.

Eek, I am still just so excited that I get to finally post that we have grown our family again, and so so happy that we are IN [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] with his name!!

3 Likes

Congratulations on welcoming your beautiful boy!

Anastasio is an amazing name, I can see why you’d want to use the full name as much as possible :slight_smile: But [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] and Taz are both gorgeous too.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Congratulations! Anastasio [name_f]Raz[/name_f] is an amazing name!

1 Like

Congratulations! Anastasio is a very handsome name. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations!! I love your nickname options too

1 Like

Congrats! Anastasio’s name has the same vibe as his older brother name! and [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] is a really cool nickname

1 Like

Congratulations Anastasio is lovely : )

1 Like

This is so wonderful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Congratulations!!

Anastasio is a great name!

1 Like

Congratulations!!

Congratulations, [name_f]Lilian[/name_f]! I still remember your posts from when you were naming H0rat!o back then and how you always planned to adopt next. I’ve never heard of Anastasio before, but you’re right, it fits so gorgeously next to H0rat!o’s name!

1 Like

@luneth, I had never heard Anastasio before she decided on it either. [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] of course, and [name_m]Anastasios[/name_m] and Anastas I have seen, but not the form she chose. I appreciated being outstumped as a name nerd.

Thank you all for the lovely comments! It is nice to know his name is received as warmly here as it is in our home!

Anastasio is already handsome & [name_u]Raz[/name_u] makes it perfect! Congratulations

1 Like

Anastasio is so handsome and stunning! and [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] and Taz are so sweet. Fits in perfectly with big brother’s name too.
Congratulations!!

1 Like