Welcoming Eleanor Lark (Nell)

Hello, everyone!

I’m excited to share the name of our daughter, Eleanor Lark, who we’re calling Nell. She completes our family, joining her older sister Juniper Grace (“Juno”).

Eleanor is a family name – my husband’s beloved grandmother – but it was Nell that first won our hearts. We love that Nell is both spunky and sweet, with oodles of historical and literary street cred and various routes to the meaning “light.” We considered using Nell on its own, but ultimately decided to go with the lovely, timeless Eleanor on her birth certificate.

We chose Lark for her middle name because she’s our early bird, born at just 28 and a half weeks. In many traditions, larks are also a symbol of optimism, courage, and a light at the end of the tunnel – all images that have been powerful for us during my extended hospitalization and Nell’s time in the NICU. My late mother loved birds of all kinds, so lark is also a subtle nod to her.

I love that Nell and her sister each have a little bit of nature in their names (Juniper and Lark) along with a connection to both of our families (Eleanor and Grace). I also love that both full names share the same lilting rhythm when you say them out loud.

Other names that were on my list this round were Matilda (Millie) and Rosemary (Romy) – I love a lyrical full name with a spunky nickname (or three!)

Grateful to this site and community for all the naming inspiration and fun over the years! While I’m done naming (my own) babies, I’m sure I’ll be keeping up with trends and making lists for others for years to come!

:writing_hand: Editing to link to Juno’s birth announcement and the thread that helped to inspire both sisters’ names :slight_smile:

60 Likes

Congratulations, what a sweet name packed with meaning! [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] [name_f]Nell[/name_f]!

Congratulations! [name_u]Juno[/name_u] & [name_f]Nell[/name_f] are so sweet together :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world, [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]!
The nn [name_f]Nell[/name_f] is perfect!
:nest_with_eggs::snowflake::deer:

What an amazing name! I love it! Congratulations on your little early bird :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations!

Gosh your girls are beautifully named I’m experiencing baby name envy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

Anyways enjoy your beautiful new addition

Congratulations!! I absolutely love her name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It matches perfectly with [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] Grace!!

Congratulations! Her names is beautiful, and the story behind it is too!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] love love! Two of my favorite names combined and the nn of [name_f]Nell[/name_f] :heart_eyes:! Congratulations, hope everyone is doing well! [name_u]Juno[/name_u] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] are perfect together!

Congratulations! I adore both of your daughters’ names – both very high on my own lists :heart: [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] [name_f]Nell[/name_f]!

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u], [name_f]Nell[/name_f]! What a strong baby girl and what a meaningful story behind her name! :kissing_heart: :white_heart:

1 Like

congrats! such beautiful stories and names <33

1 Like

I love your daughters’ names! Congratulations!

Congratulations! I love their names :heart:

Wow, [name_u]Juno[/name_u] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] are a match made for each other! What absolutely beautiful names. :blush:

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to [name_f]Earth[/name_f], sweet [name_f]Nell[/name_f]!

Congratulations! [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] little [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]. You have chosen beautiful names for both girls.

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u] is absolutely perfect! Congratulations :bouquet:

How perfect! [name_f]Nell[/name_f] is just wonderful!

Congratulations! Your daughters both have beautiful names and [name_u]Juno[/name_u] & [name_f]Nell[/name_f] are absolutely perfect together. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: