Welcoming Juniper Grace ("Juno")

I’m so happy to share that we welcomed [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] (“[name_f]Juno[/name_f]”) to our family on [name_f]April[/name_f] 12th. We adore her, and we love her name, too!

My taste in names is lyrical and literary, while my husband’s is strong and spunky. [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] struck the perfect balance between the two, especially with the nickname [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. As world travelers who love the outdoors, we love that the resilient juniper tree thrives from Central [name_u]America[/name_u] to the Himalayas. The name [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] also flows beautifully with [name_f]Grace[/name_f], which was my mother’s middle name. Resilience, grace, and a hint of whimsy - these seemed like the perfect gifts for our daughter.

We had so much fun in the naming process. My husband was a great sport, resisting the urge to quickly make a decision and instead engaging very playfully (and patiently!) throughout the process: scoping out unusual names, sorting a stack of index cards into categories, listening to me explain the etymological and cultural background of each name on my list…the list goes on. Also, many thanks to the berries who chimed in on this thread - it gave us some really wonderful inspiration!

1 Like

Congratulations - lovely choice!!

Beautiful! Sounds like she was very thoughtfully named. Congratulations!

Congratulations! I love the idea of a [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] “[name_f]Juno[/name_f]”!

Congratulations! She is beautifully named and you worked together to choose the perfect one.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] gorgeous, congratulations!

Congratulations! [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is beautiful!

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Juno[/name_f]’ is adorable! I love it! Congratulations for your little girl and your decision.
Good luck!

Beautiful name!! And I’m glad you enjoyed the naming journey, it’s been my favorite part of my pregnancies personally.

Congrats! [name_f]Juno[/name_f] is one of my favorites!

Such a lovely choice! And so lovely that your husband joined in on it all - where can I find one like him?! :slight_smile: