Well Names

Am increasingly drawn to Well names:

[name_m]Bramwell[/name_m]/[name_m]Bram[/name_m]/[name_m]Welby[/name_m]
[name_m]Branwell[/name_m]/[name_u]Bran[/name_u]/[name_m]Welby[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]/ [name_u]Max[/name_u]/[name_m]Welby[/name_m]
[name_m]Rockwell[/name_m]/[name_m]Rock[/name_m]/[name_m]Welby[/name_m]

I am probably missing others?

I like the old-fashioned formality of [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m], [name_m]Branwell[/name_m], [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m], and [name_m]Rockwell[/name_m] combined with the simple nicknames [name_m]Bram[/name_m], [name_u]Bran[/name_u], [name_u]Max[/name_u], and [name_m]Rock[/name_m] combined with the well-being of [name_m]Welby[/name_m] as a nickname.

Thoughts? We live in such an un-well world that names relating to well-being and good lives appeal to me ([name_m]Bonaventure[/name_m], [name_m]Benvolio[/name_m], [name_m]Welby[/name_m], etc.).

I also like [name_m]Wells[/name_m], as in HG.

I love [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] and [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m] is cool as well.

Here are some others:

[name_m]Roswell[/name_m]
[name_m]Hartwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Wellington[/name_m]
[name_m]Caswell[/name_m]
[name_m]Blackwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Howell[/name_m]
[name_m]Boswell[/name_m]
[name_m]Lowell[/name_m]
[name_m]Powell[/name_m]

Thanks so much – I knew I was missing some great ones!

I’m actually enough of a name nerd to like all of these as well. Though I do divide them into two stacks – the for dogs and cats stack and the human boy stack.

The Alien Stack:
[name_m]Roswell[/name_m] :slight_smile:

Animal Stack:
[name_m]Hartwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Wellington[/name_m]
[name_m]Caswell[/name_m]
[name_m]Blackwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Boswell[/name_m]

Human Stack:
[name_m]Howell[/name_m] (too bad about [name_m]Thurston[/name_m] [name_m]Howell[/name_m] the 3rd, b/c [name_m]Howell[/name_m] and [name_m]Howe[/name_m] are good names otherwise)
[name_m]Lowell[/name_m] (love this one - my late Scottish great uncle’s name)
[name_m]Powell[/name_m]

Thanks again!
[name_u]Leslie[/name_u]

Bumping this. Someone must have something to say about it.

I like [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] and [name_m]Wells[/name_m]. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Weldon[/name_m]?

I kind of like [name_m]Weldon[/name_m]. It is close to [name_m]Walton[/name_m] and [name_m]Walden[/name_m], both of which I already like.

I just wanted to say that I like [name_m]Hartwell[/name_m] for a human baby. :slight_smile: The nicknames [name_m]Hart[/name_m], [name_m]Wells[/name_m], or [name_m]Welby[/name_m]?! I think it’s going on my list.

Hm, you already have my favorite - [name_m]Lowell[/name_m]. There is always [name_m]Oswell[/name_m]. Is [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] to much of a stretch?

Yes, [name_m]Lowell[/name_m] is lovely. There is something thoughtful and old-fashioned about the name that I love.

[name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] is great too. And nothing is too big a stretch for me as I am not having children! :slight_smile:

Yes, you are right! I was too conservative (rare for me with names!) in calling [name_m]Hartwell[/name_m] a dog or cat name only.

[name_m]Hartwell[/name_m] is old-fashioned and charming, with its nice heart association. [name_m]Hart[/name_m] is a cool nickname, plenty manly enough. [name_m]Wells[/name_m] sounds sci-fi-ish in a good way and of course I adore [name_m]Welby[/name_m].

If my son (or animal) were named [name_m]Hartwell[/name_m], I would also have a private pet name of [name_m]Hartigan[/name_m]. I also like [name_m]Kerrigan[/name_m] and [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f].

Growing up we would drive 2 hours to our lake cabin and one of the little towns we’d pass through was called [name_u]Hartley[/name_u]. I remember liking the name of the town at a very young age. I’ve always thought the nickname [name_m]Hart[/name_m] would be awesome for a little boy but [name_u]Hartley[/name_u] isn’t the best stand alone name so I’ve considered using [name_m]Hart[/name_m] as a middle. [name_m]Hartwell[/name_m] is just so cool and has double the cool nickname options - off to play around with combos!