Wells as a nickname - what should the full name be?

I like the name [name_m]Wells[/name_m] but I prefer it as a nickname instead of a given name. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] boy’s middle name will most likely be [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]. Any suggestions for a first name with middle name [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] that could lead to the nickname [name_m]Wells[/name_m]? [name_f]My[/name_f] husband suggested [name_m]William[/name_m], but I was trying to think a little more out of the box while still traditional.

Maxwell [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]! I love [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] nn [name_m]Wells[/name_m]!

Bramwell [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] “[name_m]Wells[/name_m]”
[name_m]Orwell[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] “[name_m]Wells[/name_m]”
[name_m]Lowell[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] “[name_m]Wells[/name_m]”
[name_m]Oswell[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Rockwell[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

2 Likes

Love the above suggestions of [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u], [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m] and [name_m]Lowell[/name_m]! I’ll add [name_m]Samwell[/name_m], [name_m]Caldwell[/name_m], [name_m]Hartwell[/name_m], and [name_m]Wesley[/name_m].

2 Likes

Welborne
Welden/Weldon
Welford
[name_m]Welton[/name_m]

Wellesley
Welland
[name_m]Lowell[/name_m]
[name_m]Llewelyn[/name_m]

Maxwell
[name_f]Wellesley[/name_f]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Bramwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Roswell[/name_m]
[name_m]Rockwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Wellington[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Caldwell[/name_m]

Howabout:

Wellsley
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Willis[/name_m]

Wells is a GP name of mine. The prepster hidden within me is dying to use it but I honestly don’t think I’m wealthy enough. I definitely see the full name being [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] ([name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is very handsome IMO) and him being the stroke on his crew team. Honestly the more I think about this name the more I fall in love.

Could also be short for [name_m]Samwell[/name_m] if you’re a superfan of A Song of Ice and [name_u]Fire[/name_u], but it might have been a flame that burned too bright.

Orwell [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Boswell[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I posted a topic about this recently and got some great responses: Full name for nickname Wells?

I particularly liked [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m], [name_m]Roswell[/name_m] and [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m]!

Someone also linked this list of -well names which you might find helpful! -well Boy Names Ending in "well"

Bramwell is my fave, but [name_m]William[/name_m] would be a great traditional option if that’s more your style. Or you could go for one of [name_m]William[/name_m]’s less popular variants: [name_m]Willem[/name_m], [name_m]Willis[/name_m], [name_m]Wilson[/name_m]…