Weren't going to find out...but it's a boy!

I originally posted on another thread but thought it would be easier to start over. We already have one son, [name]Jude[/name], and I am nearing my eighth month with baby #2. We were originally planning on keeping the sex a surprise like we did with our first, but hormones and curiosity got the best of me and we decided to find out, and we will have another son!

Now let’s get down to names. I feel with [name]Jude[/name] our sib-set choices are pretty open, and can go in two directions, with very “British” sounding names, or more of a “cool” and slightly more popular vibe. While I love all of these names on our two lists, I know that not all of them will work together. I am not completely anal about sibling names, but I want them to feel as a cohesive unit, something that wouldn’t happen with siblings named [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Jayden[/name], you know?

Our first list:

[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] “[name]Freddie[/name]”
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Graeme[/name]

Our second:

[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]FInnegan[/name] “[name]Finn[/name]”
[name]Rhys[/name]

Our two favorite girl names, [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] “[name]Evie[/name]” can go with either. We also like [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name].

Which style is best? Honest opinions please!

Thanks,

[name]Jannie[/name]

I’m in love with your second list :slight_smile:

I particularily love [name]Rhys[/name] or [name]Finnegan[/name]

I love your second list more

I would choose [name]Jude[/name] as the middle name and even though it is not on your list I suggest

[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Jude[/name] as a combo I think it sounds like a cool name.

I do love the way [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Jude[/name] sounds, but [name]Jude[/name] is already the name of our oldest son, and his name is [name]Jude[/name] [name]David[/name] (mn after both of his grandfathers) so that ship has already sailed. :slight_smile:

For our second son we would like to keep the middle name classic as well. Our top contenders right now are [name]Frederick[/name] [name]John[/name] and [name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Jack[/name], [name]Freddie[/name] or [name]Finn[/name]. DH also loves [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]James[/name] but I’m not sold on it. I’m also worried [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Finn[/name] might be too popular, but it’s hard to tell what’s popular on nameberry versus the real world. Sigh.

I’m liking [name]Frederick[/name] [name]John[/name] or [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]James[/name]. I think [name]Finnegan[/name] [name]Jack[/name] has a bit TOO much character-it sounds like the name of an Irish Pub. FWIW, I think [name]Finn[/name] is more [name]IRL[/name] popular, whereas [name]Dash[/name] is more Nameberry popular.

I love [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]James[/name]! With that one, you’re kind of still straddling the fence between British and cool ([name]Dash[/name]). I think it’s only nameberry popular, not in the real world (at least I’ve never met or heard of a [name]Dashiell[/name] in real life). From your original list, I like [name]Rhys[/name] or [name]Finnegan[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name] best.

Good luck!

i [name]LOVE[/name] rhys with jude. both on our boys list too =) i particularly like the cohesiveness that lucy adds to the set. maybe i’m a bit OCD with sib sets, but i like that they would all be 4 letters too!

I like your second list better. [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Finn[/name] would be a cute combo, although I dont like [name]Finnegan[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Griffin[/name]? [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Griffin[/name] would make a cute pair.
Others I could see with [name]Jude[/name]:
[name]Asa[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Finian[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]

Thank you for all your input! After talking about it we decided to pick names that could mesh two “styles” we love into a cohesive sibset, so we’re down to 3 names:

[name]Frederick[/name] [name]George[/name] “[name]Freddie[/name]”
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Jack[/name] (possibly [name]Harry[/name] or [name]Hal[/name])
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Edward[/name]

I really like [name]Finn[/name] but part of me just couldn’t do it, it feels too trendy to me, probably because of Glee?

We both have lots of siblings (I have 4 and my husband has 6) so we’re probably going to have a large family. The names that we don’t use will probably go on our list next time (if we have any more boys).

So what do you think of [name]Frederick[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Oliver[/name]? I personally feel we can’t go wrong :wink:

I’m not a big fan of [name]Frederick[/name], but I LOOVE [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]!

I agree with pp, I don’t really love [name]Frederick[/name] as well as the other two. And I think [name]Oliver[/name] is really mainstream (there was an article just today about how its the #1 name in [name]Britain[/name]) so I’d go with [name]Henry[/name].

Yes, but [name]Henry[/name] is getting pretty mainstream in the US.

Actually, I agree with you that you can’t go wrong with any, though! Great sibs!

Thank you all for your wonderful feedback/opinions! I felt so overwhelmed doing it alone (I’m too afraid of asking family/friends for feedback, as they just don’t “get” our naming style among the Jaydens, Kais, and Adysens) and nameberry was such a huge help and so refreshing to “talk” with people who share my love of names and naming style.

We have also decided on a name and [name]Frederick[/name] [name]John[/name] ([name]Freddie[/name]) will be joining big brother [name]Jude[/name] sometime in [name]December[/name]! While other names could have been a better “fit” for [name]Jude[/name] we loved [name]Freddie[/name] too much to let it go, and feel like they still work together (I hope).

Thank you all so much!

Aww – I was hoping to get my two cents in before you decided:

I think [name]Graeme[/name] is absolutely fantastic with [name]Jude[/name]. Please reconsider! (lol) It’s a classic name, smooth but not overly soft just like [name]Jude[/name]. I like both having one syllable names, and neither feel blunt. I also really prefer the [name]Graeme[/name] spelling to [name]Graham[/name], but both are nice.

[name]Just[/name] in case you change your mind…:

[name]Graeme[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] sounds great with [name]Jude[/name] [name]David[/name]!