Weston

What do you think of when you hear the name “[name]Weston[/name]” - I have had all kinds of comments from it’s a handsome, strong name to it sounds “snobby” or silly.
I did a boy name poll on another site about a week ago, and the names that were listed were [name]Gavin[/name], [name]Channing[/name], [name]Weston[/name], and [name]Barron[/name]. [name]Gavin[/name] won, followed by [name]Weston[/name].
The reason we like this name is it has meaning. My DH and I both had a brother named “[name]Wesley[/name]”, but we don’t want to use the exact same name. I have another brother named “Windon” and my DH’s name is [name]William[/name]. I like the sound and the tradition of the two “W’s” in [name]Weston[/name] [name]Woolf[/name], but would like to get an idea of what you think…
(At first when I heard this name I thought it was a little silly / trendy / madeup, because of the “west” with just “on” added to it, but started to like it more as i found meaning to it on both sides of our family. I’m just not a fan of trendy / made-up names.)
Also, for girls’ names I like [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Stella[/name], and [name]Catherine[/name], but my favorite is [name]Charlotte[/name], despite it’s popularity. Can you think of any girls’ names that would make a good pair with [name]Weston[/name]? Thanks!

Out of those 4 names, I like [name]Weston[/name] best ([name]Gavin[/name] 2nd best). I think [name]Weston[/name] is a nice mix of “old [name]West[/name]” and “British sensibility.” I don’t think it sounds made-up or silly at all! And I love that it has meaning for your family.

As for a girl’s name to go with [name]Weston[/name], what about:

[name]Carlotta[/name]
[name]Carly[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Estella[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]

Thank you! I like [name]Estella[/name], and another g/n I have come to like recently is [name]Susannah[/name].

[name]Charlotte[/name] is a classic, beautiful name for a girl and I don’t think it will ever become trendy-sounding, but it may have lost some of its “unexpected” appeal as it becomes more commonplace, kwim?

[name]Weston[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name]? or [name]Weston[/name] and [name]Estella[/name]?.. :slight_smile: thanks for the suggestions.

Oh, I like the “-est” sound in both [name]Weston[/name] and [name]Estella[/name]! Very nice together. Also, love [name]Susannah[/name], too. [name]Don[/name]'t think you can go wrong with either of these combos! Good luck and glad to help!

I think [name]Weston[/name] is a good solid name. It’s third choice on our boy list.

Thanks for all your great suggestions! [name]Caroline[/name] is lovely, but it’s a little too straightlaced / bland compared to [name]Estella[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name]. I think we have a winner with [name]Weston[/name].
[name]Weston[/name] [name]Martin[/name] is what we’re thinking of…

also, for a sister, I totally love either [name]Stella[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]. [name]Charlotte[/name] is still one of my favorites, but I don’t think it matches as well with [name]Weston[/name].
Another combo I [name]LOVE[/name] today is [name]Weston[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name]. :slight_smile: What do you think of that one? Any ideas for a middle name?

[name]Josephine[/name] is a great name, but it’s getting really popular these days. I think if you want something that will be a bit more unique, you’d do better with [name]Susannah[/name] or [name]Estella[/name]. [name]Stella[/name] is also getting popular, if that’s a concern for you. You could always name her [name]Estella[/name] with the nn [name]Stella[/name], though.