West's sister - what would YOU choose?

I think with both [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name], I would call her the full name. One of my main concerns is for a child to get stuck with a nickname I really dislike, and I don’t favor [name]Gwen[/name] at all…so [name]Genevieve[/name] might be the frontrunner of the long G names at the moment. That said, I am not a fan of [name]Ginny[/name], but I can live with [name]Viv[/name], [name]Vivi[/name], [name]Gigi[/name], etc.

[name]Ibby[/name] is precious for [name]Elizabeth[/name]!!! Again, never even entered my mind. I will use [name]Isabel[/name] for a second daughter, and not necessarily for her first name but possibly, and in that case I would call her [name]Isi[/name]…close to [name]Ibby[/name], but I know I can’t plan #2 around #1 really.

[name]Just[/name] looking at first and last names together - I starred my favorites (for the moment!) -

[name]Tallulah[/name] French (though husband is not a big fan of [name]Tallulah[/name], either)
[name]Magnolia[/name] French* / [name]Moxie[/name] French*
[name]Luella[/name] French* / [name]Elle[/name] French* / [name]Ella[/name] French / [name]Lulu[/name] French*
[name]Victoria[/name] French / [name]Plum[/name] French
[name]Persephone[/name] French / [name]Pepper[/name] French
[name]Araminta[/name] French / [name]Mintie[/name] French (not liking this as much when it is written this way)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] French / Busy French / [name]Ibby[/name] French / [name]Birdie[/name] French
[name]Genevieve[/name] French / [name]Gigi[/name] French
[name]Emerson[/name] French

[name]Greyson[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]? [name]Greyson[/name] French / [name]Grey[/name] French

Looking at the names that way, I lean towards [name]Magnolia[/name]/[name]Moxie[/name], and [name]Luella[/name]/[name]Elle[/name]/[name]Lulu[/name]. Goodness gracious this child had better be a boy!

Hm. For some reason, I don’t care for [name]Moxie[/name] French. It sounds like a “something” to me rather than a child. Or, maybe it sounds like a clothing brand? [name]Lulu[/name] French is cute, and [name]Luella[/name] is nice, but [name]Ibby[/name] French is my favorite - it really rolls off the tongue. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Grey[/name] would be gorgeous, or [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Grey[/name]. I like [name]Gwendolyn[/name] better, flow-wise, but if you don’t like it, then use [name]Genevieve[/name]! I think that’s perfect.

[name]Just[/name] a side note, if you were to ever have another girl, [name]Isabel[/name] would really need to be a middle name, it seems, since [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name] are basically the same name in different forms. At least it would bother me…

[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] Wilde could work, right? [name]Gen[/name], [name]Genni[/name], [name]Genie[/name], [name]Evie[/name], or [name]Vivi[/name] for nicknames?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Haaaahaha I am thinking of sitting in biology class and having my teacher saying, now class, pay attention because this specimen is called a [name]Moxie[/name] French. Ha! :lol:

If I used [name]Elizabeth[/name] for a first name, then I would most definitely not use [name]Isabel[/name] as a first name for #2. Definitely agree with you there.

If her first name ends up being [name]Elizabeth[/name], I still lean towards [name]Elizabeth[/name] Wilde [name]Sophronia[/name] since the only snag there was the [name]Birdie[/name] nn. But husband likes [name]Birdie[/name], so it might not be totally out. He also likes [name]Genevieve[/name] so I am excited to share [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Grey[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] Wilde with him tonight! ([name]Gwendolyn[/name] does flow better with the former, but I think I am leaning towards [name]Genevieve[/name]…)

I still like [name]Elle[/name] a lot, so what about throwing [name]Ellington[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Grey[/name] into the mix?
Could [name]Ellis[/name] be a nickname for [name]Elizabeth[/name], I wonder?

[name]Just[/name] had another lightbulb come on! What about:

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Grey[/name] nn [name]Dolly[/name]

?!?!

Kind of digging it!

I think you can nickname anybody [name]Dolly[/name], so, yes, [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Grey[/name] gives you that option. I think, if you go with [name]Elizabeth[/name], you’ve got so many nickname options - [name]Ibby[/name], Busy, [name]Birdie[/name], and then, for this, [name]Dolly[/name]. Only issue? The EGG initials!

[name]Ellington[/name] feels rather masculine to me, to be honest, even with the [name]Elle[/name] nickname.

[name]Lemon[/name]

THE NARROW DOWN! Finally… so I am down to three-ish potential names, just cannot decide the order of them. And don’t hate me if this changes tomorrow.

Mazarine [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] (possibly no nickname, but if so, Maz or [name]Maisie[/name])
Mazarine [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]

[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Luella[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] ([name]Elle[/name] or [name]Birdie[/name])
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Luella[/name]

[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] ([name]Elle[/name] or [name]Birdie[/name])
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Lorelei[/name]

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Grey[/name] nn [name]Dolly[/name]
(yes, initials are egg, but EGGF doesn’t bother me that much)

Would loooove to know which names you prefer! I am getting so clooooose!
:smiley:

[name]Sheridan[/name],

I’m going to go ahead and eliminate Mazarine from my personal favorites list because - don’t hate me! - I keep thinking of margarine and maize. Sorry!

Anyway, [name]Lavender[/name] as a first name seems a little, hm, flighty to me, but I love it as a middle name! [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Luella[/name] is my pick, but I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Laura[/name] would be very elegant and sweet. Or [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Liesel[/name]? Anyway, although I do love that one, my favorite is…

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Grey[/name]! [name]Love[/name] the flow, the sound, the image! And, you’ve got awesome nicknames like [name]Dolly[/name]. [name]Dolly[/name] French is adorable! I still love [name]Ibby[/name], so you’ve got variety with this one! :slight_smile:

[name]Lemon[/name]

Yeah I know I know - it also makes me think of magazine. But I still love it! I’m crazy. I know.

The issue is that DH leans towards [name]Maisie[/name], whereas I am leaning towards [name]Dolly[/name]. Further discussions tonight so I’ll let ya know!

Hey there!
So I saw that you posted your blog in your signature, and decided to check it out. [name]Hope[/name] that doesn’t creep you out…but i figured if you posted it there then why not right?! Anyways, seeing your blog gave me a whole new perspective on names for you! I saw you’re really into fashion (as am i!..are you in the fashion business or just a lover?) and it made me love [name]Luella[/name] even more for you. I mean, who wouldn’t want a daughter named after/inspired by [name]Luella[/name] [name]Bartley[/name]? Stunning clothes and a stunning baby named [name]Luella[/name]…heaven! That way you can still use your “[name]Elle[/name]” that you really like. What does your hubz think about [name]Luella[/name] as a first name?
One of your combos in the (sorta)short list was [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Luella[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], would you ever do [name]Luella[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]? With my love for [name]Luella[/name] aside, i think it actually flows better anyways. [name]Luella[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] French. Or what about [name]Luella[/name] [name]Birdie[/name] [name]Alice[/name] French? The [name]Birdie[/name] could be used in replacement for [name]Elizabeth[/name] - as it is a valid nickname for it, and if you mean to honor an [name]Elizabeth[/name] you still would be.
Seeing your blog made me think of even more fashion names that you may be interested in, how about:
[name]Linea[/name] (i pronounce it “[name]Linny[/name]”) - [name]Luella[/name] [name]Linea[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] French?
[name]Winter[/name] - [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Winter[/name] [name]Luella[/name] French?
[name]Camilla[/name]/[name]Camille[/name] - [name]Camille[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Grey[/name] French nn. [name]Milly[/name]?
[name]India[/name] - [name]India[/name] [name]Luella[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] French nn. [name]Indie[/name]? I’m really digging this for you. [name]West[/name] and [name]Indie[/name]…amazing!
[name]Schuyler[/name] - reminds me of Schouler. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Schuyler[/name] [name]Luella[/name] French?
[name]Daisy[/name] - (think marc jacobs) ohhh actually this might be another option as nickname for [name]Elizabeth[/name]! Or [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Luella[/name] French?

I hope this helps! Let me know what you think!

Okay, [name]Sheridan[/name], I’ll be on the lookout for an update tomorrow. [name]Just[/name] wanted to mention another - like you need any more options! - nickname for [name]Elizabeth[/name]: [name]Buffy[/name]! [name]West[/name] and [name]Buffy[/name]? What a pair.

[name]Lemon[/name]

Wouldn’t [name]Maisie[/name] be a good compromise if you love Mazarine?

[name]Even[/name] though [name]Victoria[/name] is a queenly British style name I really like [name]Victoria[/name] French, although I should be saying use [name]Vivienne[/name] French because [name]Vivienne[/name] is of course a French name. I love the nn of [name]Vivi[/name], very spunky.

I don’t understand how [name]Plum[/name] and [name]Victoria[/name] are connected although I could understand [name]Plum[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] French.

I think you need a name that compliments your surname so I would lean towards French names.

[name]Sabina[/name] French
[name]Lorraine[/name] French nn [name]Raine[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] French
[name]Lola[/name] French
[name]Louise[/name] French nn [name]Lulu[/name]
[name]Francine[/name] French
[name]Jacqueline[/name] French
[name]Margot[/name] French
[name]Marguerite[/name] French
[name]Fleur[/name] French
[name]Elodie[/name] French
[name]Carmen[/name] French
[name]Abigail[/name] French

rollo :slight_smile:

PS Still keen on [name]Vivienne[/name]

These are probably off the table but just wanted to put in my twopence worth.

Great thread and can’t resist commenting. I am going to vote for Mazarine! I like Mazarine [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name].

I like [name]Lavender[/name] too but I have to tell you, if my name were the wonderfully over-the-top [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Luella[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and I were called, bada-bum, [name]Birdie[/name], I’d be pretty pissed. Not that [name]Birdie[/name] isn’t cute, but if you’re going to have the chutzpah to choose [name]Lavender[/name] or Mazarine, I think you should own it, for yourself and your child.

[name]Maisie[/name] is more organic as a nickname for Mazarine though there are going to be a lot more Maisies around in coming years than Maz’s, or Mazarines. I have a writer friend whose first name is [name]Maaza[/name] (Ethiopian) and a related Maza could certainly work.

Maybe the nickname needs to wait until you meet the baby! I can imagine a shy little girl who needs some help fitting in needing a [name]Maisie[/name] or [name]Birdie[/name] nickname, while a babe with a lot of bravada might want to step up to her name in its full gorgeousness!

Can’t wait to hear what you choose.

More

[name]Cameo[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Topaz[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Breeze[/name]
[name]Madge[/name]-[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

[name]Arabella[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] Shine
[name]Juno[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Oona[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]

[name]Verity[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Queenie[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Teal[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] Mazarine

[name]Mimi[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Darien[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Luella[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Diamond[/name]

rollo :slight_smile:

One more

[name]Prudence[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]James[/name]

I think [name]Lenna[/name] ([name]Len[/name]-ah), [name]Adah[/name], [name]Eden[/name], [name]Sadie[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Sunny[/name], etc and other names of that style would sound great with [name]West[/name]. That’s such a cute name, by the way!
What about [name]Lenna[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Sadie[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name]?

Oh my goodness gracious - [name]Pam[/name] commented on one of my threads!! I feel like my life is complete!!! (No sarcasm there…I really am giving myself a huge gold star :smiley: )

I am so blown away by everyone’s continued thoughtfulness and helpful suggestions! So much to respond to…

asophie1: No it doesn’t creep me out that you checked out my website and blog! Thank you for your interest :slight_smile: Yes, that is one reason why I do love [name]Luella[/name], and I would certainly consider reversing [name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Luella[/name]. I also like throwing [name]Alice[/name] in, but the alliteration thing/having two of the same initials in the mix really has me hooked at the moment. That said, [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Winter[/name] [name]Luella[/name] is lovely! I also love [name]India[/name] [name]Luella[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] but I have to have [name]Elizabeth[/name] in there somewhere…I will think on how to bring [name]India[/name] into the mix because [name]Indie[/name] is absolutely precious! (Though I am 99.9% sure my husband would never go for [name]India[/name]…)

lemon: [name]Do[/name] you not think [name]Buffy[/name] is too cheerleader/vampire slayer? I am not saying I do, but I worry that’s what other people would jump to rather than seeing it for the cute and spunky name it is. Not fair to the name, but those associations seem strong to me. I will think on this, too! It makes me want to put her hair up in a super high ponytail with a huge bow lol :wink:

rollo: [name]Victoria[/name] is a specific type of [name]Plum[/name] and when I lived in [name]England[/name], I met a few gals named [name]Victoria[/name] who went by [name]Plum[/name] because of this association. I had never heard it here stateside and I loved the unusual connection! It’s just stuck with me ever since. I adore [name]Vivienne[/name], but some of our dear friends have a daughter named [name]Vivian[/name] which is why I am hesitant. Same thing with [name]Arabella[/name]. [name]Marguerite[/name] is a family name so I have been throwing this into the mix as well (with the Mazarine/[name]Magnolia[/name] combos). Very pretty and not out of the question!

holden3: I have thought about [name]Violet[/name] a lot, but my concern is the potential rise in popularity that seems to be approaching. So glad you like [name]West[/name]'s name! I do too :wink:

pam: First, THANK YOU! It is amazing that you put so much wonderful energy and tremendous effort into this site, the baby books, and everything else. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate this more than you know, so I just have to offer up a massive thank you for your continued hard work. We will keep gobbling up every bit! Now onto the names… one of the reasons I love Mazarine is because I don’t feel like I would need a nickname for her. I am not sure I would call a girl [name]Lavender[/name] on a day-to-day basis, although when I say it out loud, it is so beautiful, so I will have to mull this one over some more. I agree completely about waiting to meet the bebe before bestowing a nickname upon her, as her personality would be able to largely determine that. (Maza is fantastic by the way! I’ll file that one away for sure).

SO I spoke with my husband and he is not overly in love or overly hating (WAHOO) any of the names. We will probably just put it on the back burner for a while and see how they feel, continuing to discuss when need be, but not putting pressure on ourselves to decide right now. I can tell you though that (without yet spending time thinking about all of your new ideas, which I will do) I feel myself leaning towards Mazarine [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name], and I’m already thinking of [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Grey[/name] for a potential #2. BUT will I be able to let go of [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Luella[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]??? I just don’t know!!! I feel like I am writing a soap opera…

And after all of this, it will probably be a boy! That’s ok I’ll just find a good dr. to give me triplet girls :wink:

Fluffy pink love to you all
xxx [name]Sheridan[/name]

Hmmm…so he would never go for [name]India[/name] huh? I just aboslutely [name]LOVE[/name] it with [name]West[/name]. Well try it, maybe give him [name]Pam[/name] and Lindas description : [name]India[/name] - One of the first and still one of the loveliest place-names, exotic, euphonious and long stylish in [name]England[/name]; [name]India[/name] was a character in Gone with the Wind… Could actually be a cute tie to your time in [name]England[/name]! Or you could always use [name]Indiana[/name] or [name]Indira[/name]. I actually really see Mazarine and [name]Indira[/name] as sisters. So exotic and charming at the same time. Maza & [name]Indie[/name] - Aaaamazing.
Had to laugh at your comment on triplets, Mazarine, [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Lavender[/name] is an amazing set!
Also thought of [name]Sunday[/name] nn [name]Sunny[/name], or [name]Summer[/name]/[name]Sommer[/name] for you. [name]Just[/name] if you use [name]Summer[/name], definitely have to nix [name]Winter[/name] from the middle name list…could you imagine?!

Wow, thanks for the thanks! Mazarine vs. [name]Lavender[/name] – that’s such a tough choice. For the record, I prefer [name]Lavender[/name] to [name]Luella[/name] in first place. OK, we’ll all anxiously await the decision!

[name]Hi[/name] sweet berries! :smiley:

I have an update…sort of…

I left you with three options we were considering: Mazarine [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] (my fave), [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Luella[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Grey[/name] ([name]Dolly[/name]). My husband wasn’t overly thrilled or disappointed with any, but [name]Lavender[/name] seemed to be his least favorite. He doesn’t seem to be too keen on [name]Dolly[/name] as a nickname either, but went on to suggest [name]Polly[/name]…huh??

Anyway, I have been trying to come up with additional options in the meantime. Our name we had “decided” on for months was [name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Pepper[/name], but I just can’t get on board with [name]Penelope[/name]. I still love [name]Pepper[/name], and since we both actually agree upon it I started trying to work with that:

[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Pepper[/name] (A and E both family names, which my husband loves using)

Other options which I have yet to run by DH but wanted to get your take:
Temperley [name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
Anouke [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Alice[/name]

The only thing is, I don’t think any of the new alternatives are as outstanding as those first three I narrowed it down to. I want an OUTSTANDING out of this world name! That said, I do love the feel of [name]Persephone[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], the alliteration of Temperley [name]Tallulah[/name], and the name Anouke has always been a personal favorite.

Thoughts, opinions and suggestions welcomed, as always!