Whaddya think of Abram?

[name]Just[/name] wondering people’s impression of this name. I think it’s handsome and I love ‘[name]Bram[/name]’.

Your thoughts?

Thanks!

I love it - it’s near the top of my list, and my dh’s favorite boy name by far. We like the nn’s [name]Bram[/name] and [name]Abe[/name]. The only “negative” thing someone once said to me was that it was such a serious name for a little boy. But I think it’s handsome and has great options for nns!

Absolutely love it!!

I like it - I think it gets a lot of the cool history of [name]Abraham[/name] while being a little more wearable, and I too love [name]Bram[/name] : D. [name]Abe[/name] and [name]Bram[/name] both really wouldn’t work with my last name, so I’m not really considering it, but I think it’s solid. I think people will mostly “get it” without it ever being too popular. People might have a hard time hearing it from time to time, or think it’s [name]Abraham[/name], but those seem worth it for a solid name. Good luck!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Bram[/name]!!!

Although most people think that [name]Abram[/name] is just a nn, [name]Abraham[/name]'s original name was actually [name]Abram[/name]. Whereas [name]Abraham[/name] still has the image of a patriarch or even an iconic President [name]Lincoln[/name], [name]Abram[/name] sounds more contemporary and fresh. I love both names and I think it’s a wonderful name.

I prefer the Hebrew version, [name]Avram[/name], which is actually more common than [name]Avraham[/name]. I do think [name]Abram[/name] is more contemporary sounding than [name]Abraham[/name], and it doesn’t carry the baggage of Pres. [name]Lincoln[/name]… There is also the great nn [name]Avi[/name], which I love, as well as [name]Bram[/name] and [name]Abe[/name].

I love it! It’s on our list for our baby due in [name]March[/name] actually. I love both [name]Abe[/name] and [name]Bram[/name] as nn, but I think using the full name sounds just as cool.

I had never heard [name]Avram[/name] before, but now I’m loving that too!

I love [name]Abram[/name], I like it a lot better than [name]Abraham[/name] which is always gonna be the president to me. I love [name]Bram[/name] as a nickname, makes me think of [name]Bram[/name] Stoker, which is a cool association. [name]Avram[/name] is also really cool.

I love [name]Abram[/name]. I think it sounds fresh and handsome. I like nickname [name]Abe[/name] even more than [name]Bram[/name]. Another advantage is that your [name]Abram[/name] will likely not meet another one in school.

I love it! I worry that people will mix it up with [name]Abraham[/name], or think it’s a nn, though :frowning: I slightly prefer [name]Bertram[/name] as a way to get to [name]Bram[/name].

Thanks, all. It’s in our top 5. Nice to hear the positive feedback :slight_smile:

[name]Tara[/name]

I adore [name]Abram[/name] and it’s on our list as a final choice for DS #2 :slight_smile: [name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Bram[/name] as well <3

I love it. It’s [name]Abraham[/name] lite!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Abram[/name]. I think [name]Abe[/name] would be an absolutely adorable nickname on a little boy, and would age well as he grew as well! Nice choice.

I think [name]Abram[/name] is an excellent way to get to [name]Abe[/name] or [name]Bram[/name]. I like it loads better than [name]Abraham[/name].