What about Eulalie?

I think this name is gorgeous, I’ve been coming back to it for years - but is it just too out there?

I love it, but it’s a bit out there…
I usually make sibsets based on style, and I always put [name]Eulalie[/name] in the ‘slightly whimsical and odd but still classics with history’ category like [name]Twila[/name], [name]Romola[/name], Hallam and [name]Albion[/name]… Offbeat but not too strange!

I prefer [name]Eulalie[/name] to [name]Eulalia[/name] though… :slight_smile:

Well it is definitely growing on me, I can say that.

I looks lovely written down but then that hard ‘u’ sound at the beginning has always put me off. I love the ‘lay-lee’ part though, that softens it.

It’s very bold too, I can’t imagine there would be a lot of little Eulalies running around. She would probably never have one in the same school so that’s a plus.

I just thought of [name]Layla[/name] as a nn for it! I love [name]Layla[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name] (still undecided)

It’s too out there for me to use, but it’s one of those names I’d love to hear on someone else’s child (if that makes sense). :slight_smile:

I think it’s beautiful! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I think it has a very cute and spunky sound, and would totally get behind [name]Layla[/name] as a nickname. It’s better by miles than any of the rest of the Eu- names.

I like it. It’s one of my middles names. My name is [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Brynn[/name] (last name). I get compliments on it all the time.

Not sure how to pronounce it, but don’t like it very much…

[name]Eulalie[/name] is very beautiful. (:

I do really like [name]Eulalie[/name] but I prefer [name]Eudora[/name], esp. nn [name]Dory[/name] :slight_smile:

I love this name but DH continually says “no”.

I think it’s truly lovely. Very lilting and soft but energetic.
[name]Lolly[/name] is also a cute nickname–I know a little girl who goes by [name]Lolly[/name] (derived from a different name) who is adorable.
I say you should go for it.