What About This Diverse B Name?

I love [name_m]Buckminster[/name_m], aka [name_m]Buck[/name_m] and [name_m]Bucky[/name_m].

[name_m]Buckminster[/name_m] honors an important and intelligent man. It is a grown man’s name.

[name_m]Buck[/name_m] is Western-sounding and manly.

And [name_m]Bucky[/name_m] is cute and zesty and fun.

At least I think so. Any takers?

[name_m]How[/name_m] can one individual name be diverse? I think the word you’re looking for is “unusual,” or perhaps you meant to say “pompous” or “ridiculous.” Honestly, [name_m]Buckminster[/name_m] is not a good name for a man.

A good name for a dog.

I don’t like it at all.

A) A name can be diverse in that its nicknames all have a very different feel to them, as I made perfectly clear in my post.
B) I am adverse to people telling me what I mean to say. If I wanted to name my child something pompous or ridiculous I would choose [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f] or [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] or [name_m]Cash[/name_m] or [name_u]Royce[/name_u].
C) I try to always say “in my opinion…” You might try that.

I won’t argue that one.

I call my sister “[name_m]Bucky[/name_m]”, I like the nickname. Not a fan of the full name though, sorry

This is an incorrect use of the word “diverse.” A name can be versatile in that its nicknames all have a different feel to them, but an individual name cannot be diverse.

And I am adverse to people getting defensive over a name they aren’t even considering for a child. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t ask for opinions if you don’t want honest answers.

If I said it then it is obviously my opinion.

[name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Hadley[/name_u], [name_m]Cash[/name_m] and [name_u]Royce[/name_u] are hardly pompous names haha. I’m not sure diverse is the correct word for it though - I’ve always known diverse to mean that something covers a large number of cultures/abilities/etc in one way (ie; [name_f]Canada[/name_f] is a country known for diversity). Not exactly a word used to describe the type of nicknames for a name. Honestly, I think it sounds a bit silly myself; it doesn’t give the first name feel that surnames like [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] or [name_m]Barclay[/name_m] do, but it also doesn’t really follow the newer trend of historic surnames as firsts, like [name_m]Remington[/name_m] or [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u].

Not to mention, here in [name_f]Canada[/name_f], [name_m]Bucky[/name_m] is generally reserved for beavers. Not a name I’d want to be called.

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: [name_m]Just[/name_m] saw what [name_f]Emily[/name_f] posted, and I agree, I think the term you’re looking for is versatile, not diverse.

A [name_m]Bucky[/name_m] is a device used for smoking weed. Not a name I’d be giving someone that will eventually be an impressionable teenager.

I actually like it! It reminds me of [name_m]Bucky[/name_m] [name_m]Barnes[/name_m] from [name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_u]America[/name_u] :slight_smile: It’s very cute.

I probably wouldn’t use it as a first name since it is a bit long, but it would make an interesting middle name. It definitely isn’t terrible, I’ve heard worse. You could still use the nn [name_m]Bucky[/name_m] or [name_m]Buck[/name_m] if you used it as a middle. I think a guy would like to have a strong first name with the fun [name_m]Buckminster[/name_m] as a middle. I have a weird name myself, and I’ve never really liked it so that’s how I see it. I’d have rather had my normal middle as my first name and had my weird first name as my middle. So I’d do something like [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Buckminster[/name_m], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Buckminster[/name_m], [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] [name_m]Buckminster[/name_m] or something like that.