What about this name...

My grandfathers name was Condon and I love it, It’s such a stronge rugged name, but everyone tell me he will be teased! Condoms! What do you all think?? We would call him [name]Con[/name] for short…some middle names

Condon [name]Kane[/name]
Condon [name]Michael[/name]
Condon [name]Cullen[/name]

Yeah, sorry, but I think of condoms. [name]Junior[/name] High would be a nightmare!

agreed…sorry :frowning:

Whoa. I thought I was reading a typo of condom, for sure! I wouldn’t touch that name, honestly. Regarding “con,” I only think of the word “con” and its many meanings, none of which are positive. :frowning: If you’d like to use [name]Con[/name], what about [name]Conrad[/name] or [name]Connor[/name] instead of Condon?

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I whoeheartedly agree – Condon is [name]WAY[/name] too much like condom.

But that’s what middle names are for!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Bryce[/name] Condon - [name]Bryce[/name] is a good, strong, rugged and outdoorsy name.

Yes this is what I have been hearing from everyone…ok I will have to let that name go… : (

I do love [name]Conner[/name] but I know so many friends that have used it…
I just kind of thought of this name

Conland [name]Kane[/name]

For me, Conland honestly has that “invented” feel, and instantly made me think of a land of cons/convicts; a slang for prison, so to speak. Between Condon and Conland, I’d definitely go with Conland though! :slight_smile:

I also want to suggest sticking the [name]Con[/name] at the end of the name, where you’ll still be able to use it as a nickname:

[name]Deacon[/name]
[name]Beacon[/name] (Although that’s pretty close to Bacon!)
[name]Lincoln[/name] (still pronounced as [name]Con[/name])
[name]Macon[/name]

I like [name]Macon[/name].

[name]How[/name] about [name]Conrad[/name]?

Use it as a middle name, and maybe pick a different relative to honor with the first name. That kid is going to get teased. I also agree with the other poster about using “[name]Con[/name]” as a nn…very negative associations. I’m sorry :frowning: