What age did you first want to become a parent?

I was 16 I think

1 Like

I’ve wanted to be a mother when I was like 7 or 8… But I first took it seriously that I definitely wanted to be a mother when I 10 or 11

[name_u]Ever[/name_u] since I was about 4. I think about having children everyday and I’ve been doing so since that age. I can’t imagine my life without at least one child.

I think all my life, but I would say I was 13 or 14 when the baby fever really started to set in!

Around when I was 4. I always used to imagine (And still do) me having kids when I was older and I planned out everything about them like their names, clothes, where we would live etc.

I think I’ve always wanted to have children, but the first time I remember having baby fever and really consciously wanting kids was around age 7 or 8! There has been a few very small periods of time were I have “gone off” the idea of having kids, but I think that was more me worrying that I’d make a very anxious parent and would get overwhelmed (sensory wise with all the noise!) more than me actually not wanting kids!

I’m fifteen and have had baby fever since I was 10, I think if I was to have a baby right now, I would be happy and wouldn’t regret it.

When I saw the positive pregnancy test at age 21!! [name_m]Till[/name_m] then, I’d have told you I did not want children until I was older.

1 Like

7! Im 16 now and i still wanna be a parent. I just have no interest in pushing one out (might change but for now no) , i 100% want tk adopt because i dont want a child to go through what i did as a kid :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When I was 18 / 19 is when I first thought I’d want kids. Now I’m 30 and I’ve only actually “known” I definitely want them in the last year or two.

1 Like

when I got my first doll, so I’d say 1 :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

When I started name collecting aged 13. I always knew I’d be a mother but my love for names really ramped that up. I’m now 26 with 2!

[name_u]Ever[/name_u] since I was five :sweat_smile:
But I really starting wanting a kid when I was 12. I wanted a kid really, really, really bad. Like, I was actually willing to have one (so glad I didn’t). I believe my bio clock kicked in early or something haha.

I’ve always wanted kids, ever since I can remember! I can’t wait to be a mum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Feeling a bit bad reading all these comments haha - everyone else has so much more maternal instinct than I do! I was allergic to the idea of having babies until I was about sixteen and a close family friend had one (I did love my dolls as a kid but my games were more fashion related/violent than maternal); I’m still pretty sure I only want one.

At around 29/30 - did not see kids in my future until then!

@Mary_Rose I can absolutely relate!

As a kid, I swore I would never get married because I didn’t want kids. (twisted logic, i know) I was scared of the idea of pregnancy/labor and that was my main reasoning. Plus boys were gross and mean lol

When I was eleven, my baby cousin was born and we started baby-sitting EVERY day! I got more confident around babies and starting helping in the church nursery. Everyone tells me that i have a natural connection with children and that I’ll make a good mom someday.

I’ve wanted to be a mom ever since; not sure if it will happen though. [name_m]Foster[/name_m] care/adoption might be a better option for me… :blush:

2 Likes

@mandolin1231 Great to know someone else had a similar experience! Actually spending time with kids was really important to me; I feel like they get more fun to be around the more time you actually spend with them - you habe to get used to the way that they are :joy:

1 Like

I always had a maternal feeling, I was a mom for Halloween one year. I can’t remember how old I was, maybe 8.

[name_f]My[/name_f] niece and I really bonded when she was about 2, I was about 18. That’s when I really knew I wanted to be a mom.