What are little Elizabeths called these days?

I love [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] but don’t love the nicknames my generation used ([name_f]Liz[/name_f], [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f], [name_f]Beth[/name_f]). Anyone know what nicknames for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] are in vogue now? I find it hard to believe that [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] ranks 13th in the US because I don’t know any little girls with that name. Maybe that’s cause they’re all going by nicknames?

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is on our long list and we’d call her [name_f]Libby[/name_f]. Lots of Elizabeths use their full name and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is quite popular as well.

Some more nickname options:
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Liza[/name_f]
[name_f]Zibby[/name_f]
[name_f]Buffy[/name_f]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f]
[name_f]Busy[/name_f]
[name_f]Bitsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Bessie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lizbeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f]
[name_u]Izzy[/name_u]

I know a teenage [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] who goes by [name_f]Betty[/name_f]. I also know another teenage [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] who just goes by [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

I would imagine [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f] are the most common nicknames other girls use. I think [name_f]Libby[/name_f] is an adorable nickname as well.

Replied on the wrong thread

The little Elizabeths I know go by [name_f]Libby[/name_f], [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f], and [name_f]Beth[/name_f].

I know a young [name_f]Libby[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Bess[/name_f] would be cool.

I’ve known a few Elizabeths and they all like different things. One liked to be called [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] fully. A few of them liked [name_f]Liz[/name_f] or [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f]. One even went by [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. However, all of these girls are of college age, so I’m not sure what little girls are called these days. I would assume [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] would be popular.

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] has so many options like [name_f]Birdie[/name_f], [name_f]Libby[/name_f], and [name_f]Bess[/name_f]. The [name_f]Queen[/name_f] of [name_f]England[/name_f] was called [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] as a little girl. It might be helpful to see where the nicknames rank on their own to see which one is most popular right now.

The majority of the young Elizabeths I know always use the full name. A few go by [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f]/[name_f]Lizzy[/name_f] or [name_f]Libby[/name_f]. I have only met one young Liddy, but that is my favorite at the moment.

I know quite a few girls named [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. They go by:

[name_f]Liz[/name_f]
[name_f]Lizzy[/name_f]/[name_f]Lizzie[/name_f]
[name_f]Libby[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Liza[/name_f]

I would guess that [name_f]Liz[/name_f]/[name_f]Lizzy[/name_f] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] would be most popular today.

My daughter has a friend named [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] who is called [name_f]Libby[/name_f]. However, ever since they met [name_f]Kate[/name_f]’s called her Bibby LOL! My personal favorites are [name_f]Libby[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], and [name_f]Betsy[/name_f].

I know two who go by [name_f]Liz[/name_f], in their early twenties. However, the “little Elizabeths”, born within the last maybe 5 years or so, that I know just go by their full names.

The Elizabeths that I know go by [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

All the young Elizabeths I know go by their full name.

I don’t think it matters what is in style. Either call her [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or choose a nickname(s) you like.

I love [name_f]Bess[/name_f], [name_f]Bessie[/name_f], [name_f]Betsy[/name_f], [name_f]Betsan[/name_f], [name_f]Libby[/name_f], [name_f]Tibby[/name_f], and others.

I know one [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] in her 20’s that only ever goes by her whole name… And one under 5 years old that goes by [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]

I was born in ‘85 and have (almost) always been referred to as [name_f]Elle[/name_f]. That is my preferred nickname for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], but there are TONS of options. [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Bess[/name_f], and [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] are my other favorites. The little [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]’s I know (5 and under) are all called [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Ellie[/name_f].

Most of the Elizabeths around my age (20) go by [name_f]Liz[/name_f] or [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f], but all the younger Elizabeths I know go by [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. My personal favorite is definitely [name_f]Elle[/name_f].

My sister was going to call her little girl “[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]” but decided against [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] all together. I really like that nickname and may steal it one day if she never uses it.

I know one little girl who goes by [name_f]Beth[/name_f], but that’s it. I don’t know that many young (under 5) [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]'s. I know a handful of people who’ve used it for a middle name.

My favorites:
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Libby[/name_f]
[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
:slight_smile: