What are names you like but other people on here seem to not

I just want to know some names that you like but almost everyone on here besides yourself hates it. One of mine is [name]Cailey[/name](aka [name]Kaylee[/name]). Its not a made up name, and its not a stupid name. Its pretty. i know so many people with the name, though.

Also, do you think [name]Lindsey[/name] and [name]Haley[/name] are getting too popular?

I secretly love the names [name]Ethel[/name] and [name]Beulah[/name]. I like the way they sound, but they are so out of fashion right now that I doubt I would use them.

[name]Cailey[/name] is too trendeigh for me, but obviously a lot of people agree with you since there are so many Caileys/Kaylees et. al running around.
[name]Lindsey[/name] is a very 80’s name to me. If it is popular right now I didn’t realize it. [name]Haley[/name] with all of its spellings is pretty popular.

I’ve always liked [name]Alison[/name] and [name]Brooke[/name], but most NB’s seem to dislike the two names.

[name]Sybil[/name]. I love the sound and think it has kind of a Roaring 20’s flapper feel, but most on this board think it’s ugly or reminds them of someone with multiple personalities! [name]Even[/name] the Nameberry name snapshot calls it ‘dowdy.’

I love “Howl” for a boy (as in Howl’s Moving Castle). :slight_smile:

It seems that a lot of people don’t seem to like: [name]Kallie[/name], [name]Jordyn[/name], [name]Noor[/name], [name]Ryanne[/name], [name]True[/name], [name]Bodhi[/name], [name]Boston[/name], [name]Duke[/name], [name]Ryland[/name], and [name]Talon[/name]. Those are some of my top names that a lot of people seem to kind of hate. Too bad I absolutely love most of them.

As far as [name]Lindsey[/name] and [name]Haley[/name], I feel like they’ve already hit their peak but that it is still more than okay to use them!

I like [name]Gertrude[/name] and [name]Jemima[/name].

i love, [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Opal[/name], but no one likes it. I also really like then name [name]Wren[/name], but that one seems to get more votes than [name]Opal[/name].

I really like the name [name]Evalena[/name] (pn ev-uh-lay-nuh), but a few people on here (I posted about it a long time ago) said they didn’t care for it. Come to think of it, the only people who actually liked it are my mom and a friend. Oh well, different strokes for different folks :wink:

[name]Just[/name] had to reply and say that [name]Opal[/name] and [name]Wren[/name] are two of my favorite names!! :smiley:

[name]Shirley[/name] and [name]Eugene[/name] are two names that I think are nice but seem to be unpopular with others. I’m not sure that I’d use either of these names for my children, but they’ve always been on my list of likes.

As far as [name]Lindsey[/name] and [name]Haley[/name], I think both are pretty names (especially when [name]Haley[/name] is pronounced hay-lee) but they are popular (which makes them less appealing to me just because I tend to like names that are a bit less popular). I have had a ton of students with the name [name]Haley[/name] (and [name]Haleigh[/name], [name]Halee[/name], [name]Hayley[/name]…).

[name]Alyona[/name] is definatley a name that people have not liked. But its one of those names that I dont care if no one in the world likes it I still will be in love with the name.

Aw, I love [name]Sybil[/name], but spelled [name]Sibyl[/name]. It was the original and It seems more elegant to me :smiley:

Aw, I love [name]Sybil[/name], but spelled [name]Sibyl[/name]. It was the original and It seems more elegant to me :D[/quote]

I know. I’m wishy-washy abt the spelling, but I think I would go with [name]Sybil[/name] since it is the more accepted spelling and would probably make life easier. Plus the sibyl/oracle thing kind of creeps me out. (I blame this on the movie ‘300’)

I love [name]Moxie[/name] and [name]Trixie[/name] as a nickname for [name]Beatrix[/name], almost everyone seems to dislike [name]Trixie[/name]. I’m sure there are lots of others.

[name]Lindsey[/name]- I’m twenty five and my name is [name]Lyndsay[/name] and I’ve never met one younger than me, LOTS of them my age and a couple years older. I wouldn’t call it too popular, and certainly not “getting” too popular. It’s hit it’s peak a long time ago, I’d call it dated.
[name]Haley[/name]- Also dated. Almost every [name]Haley[/name] I’ve met has been my age. I do know one who is about ten. So to me it seems dated, but less so than [name]Lindsey[/name]. I think it’s cute, but i don’t know what it is about [name]Haley[/name]. I’ve known a lot of them and literally every single one has been crazy.

Aw, I love [name]Sybil[/name], but spelled [name]Sibyl[/name]. It was the original and It seems more elegant to me :D[/quote]

I agree.

[quote=“lyndsayjenness”]I love [name]Moxie[/name] and [name]Trixie[/name] as a nickname for [name]Beatrix[/name], almost everyone seems to dislike [name]Trixie[/name]. I’m sure there are lots of others.

I looooove [name]Trixie[/name]!!

I am in love with the name [name]Prudence[/name], no-one else I know feels the same at all!