What are the next names that are doomed to be overpopular

What names do you think the next generation will have atl eat 4 in their classes of:
like [name]Jennifer[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Amanda[/name] of the 80’s or the [name]Mary[/name], [name]Susan[/name],[name]Linda[/name] of the 60’s???
To start off: [name]Lily[/name], [name]Isla[/name], [name]Madelyn[/name]

If I had to guess:

Girls:
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Kira[/name]/[name]Kiera[/name]/etc.
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]

Boys:
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name]/[name]Greyson[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Zander[/name]/[name]Xander[/name]
[name]Weston[/name]/[name]Wesley[/name]

I will add…

Girls: [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name]
Boys: [name]Henry[/name]

agreed.

[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name]/[name]Jameson[/name]

[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]

Sad, because some are nice names. I wonder why some of these get SO overused.

[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]

[name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] are the ones I’ve noticed for girls, [name]Henry[/name], [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Jameson[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] for boys will also rise…

I can’t really think of any more, but I do think [name]Adelaide[/name] will only rise which is sad if you ask me… I fear people will start to butcher her into Addalayde and such… [name]Adelaida[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Adalaide[/name], Adalheide, Adelheide, [name]Adelheid[/name] and Adalheid are all legit forms, and [name]Alida[/name], [name]Heidi[/name] and [name]Adele[/name] are variants, as well as [name]Ethel[/name] meaning the same and Taletta and Talina which are also pet forms…
My favourite nickname for it is Lady :slight_smile:

Also, I remembered som more:
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]

[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]

you guys really think isla is going to be “over popular”? i know its popular on these name boards, because we’re all name nerds here. but in real life i get a really bad response to this name every time i tell it to someone. i think the whole pronunciation issue will keep it from getting popular myself.

also, beckett?? really?? i have a beckett. and while we do get positive feedback most of the time, we always get the comment “like, bucket?”. that alone is enough to kill a name from becoming popular. just my opinion though…

I agree with rosypoesy - I don’t see [name]Isla[/name] becoming that popular, as in taking over for [name]Emily[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], [name]Chloe[/name], and the likes…

For me, personally, if I love a name, it outweighs its popularity - [name]Charlotte[/name] is one of those for me. I don’t think it is THAT popular, and I’ve only met one so far. Clearly, trends will change soon. Also, I think it is important to recognize that perhaps Nameberry is not a representative sample (the statistician in me thinks not), as I don’t see names that are commonly chosen and recommended around here - [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], Anneleise, [name]Eliza[/name], and many more I can’t think of now - rising to the tops of the charts. Many parents don’t think as much about popularity as we do, I think, and they go with [name]Emma[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Hailey[/name], [name]Madelyn[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], and [name]Ava[/name] because they genuinely like the names.

[name]Just[/name] a bit of my thoughts, but, in general, I agree with those listed.

I agree with all previous posters, good discussion but sad! [name]Just[/name] wanted to add [name]Laila[/name], because I think it’s basically the only one not covered.

Couldn’t agree more, on your comments regarding [name]Beckett[/name] and [name]Isla[/name]. Not to mention the fact that [name]Beckett[/name] was 480 for boys and 992 overall in 2008 and [name]Isla[/name] was 623 in 2008. I just don’t think I see them really becoming the next [name]Lily[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], [name]Jacob[/name] or [name]Ethan[/name].

Also, [name]Camille[/name]??? is this really rising in popularity?

Couldn’t agree more, on your comments regarding [name]Beckett[/name] and [name]Isla[/name]. Not to mention the fact that [name]Beckett[/name] was 480 for boys and 992 overall in 2008 and [name]Isla[/name] was 623 in 2008. I just don’t think I see them really becoming the next [name]Lily[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], [name]Jacob[/name] or [name]Ethan[/name].

Also, [name]Camille[/name]??? is this really rising in popularity?

I think [name]Isla[/name] has HUGE potential for mass popularity. It went from not being in the top thousand at all to suddenly staking a claim, and it’s the name everyone’s talking about right now. It’s short and simple and has the same soft vowel sounds as all the other trendy names… [name]Ava[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Emma[/name]. I think the 2009 stats will show a big rise in rank for [name]Isla[/name]. “Confessions of a Shopaholic” starring the beautiful and charming [name]Isla[/name] [name]Fischer[/name] came out this year, which will help bring the name further into the mainstream. I love it. I’d name by baby [name]Isla[/name] in a heartbeat if I weren’t absolutely positive that this name has serious climbing potential.

ashley and lauren and elizabeth are veyr popular at the mo. i many at my skl.

lots of dannys and jacks as well…

I am positive [name]Isla[/name] will be in the top 50 i five years. like other poster mentioned it has [name]Isla[/name]'s fischers backing plus is similar to other populat short A names like: lila, mia and ava.

I have to add that while you are definitely right about which names are popular and getting ever more popular, popularity is not what it once was. I do not think that any name will gain the same popularity as [name]Jennifer[/name] or the [name]Mary[/name] of over 75 years ago.

In 1933, [name]Mary[/name] held the top spot with 5.3052% of all births that year. 50 years later, in 1983, [name]Jennifer[/name] held that spot with 3.0382% of all births.

Contrast those figures with 2008 where [name]Emma[/name] held the top spot at .9043% of all births and there is clearly a big difference. Of course, that is not to say that there are not a ton of little ones running around with the same names, because there are. But with the current statistics and the universal concern with the popularity of names, I don’t think that any name will ever be doomed to the same overwhelming popularity that we grew up experiencing.