What are their names?

You see a family of four walking on a woodsy trail in [name]June[/name]. There’s mom and dad and their two kids- one son and one daughter. The little boy is around 6 years old, and is playfully skipping ahead of the group. He has blonde hair and a smile that could melt anyones heart. However, arguably of course, his best feature is his eyes. They are incredibly blue and they sparkle even more when the soft summer sun hits them just right. He is quite the adventerous little guy, always caught up in his imagination. He loves being outdoors, especially on fishing trips with dad.
The little girl is about two, and she walks hand in hand between mom and dad. Blonde curls are pulled into two pigtails at either side of her head. Lately redish overtones have begun to appear in with the blonde, which makes her hair have a unique shine to it. She has the same gentle eyes as her older brother. Although she is young, you can tell she is going to be quite intellegent. She likes to tag along on her brothers adventures, but she doesnt like to wonder too far away from mom. She hums a tune of her own as she walks along, wide eyed, taking in her surroundings.
So what do you think their names would be? I am quite curious to know!

[name]Hi[/name], Savvy!

I’ll give you two options:

[name]Luke[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name] - [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] - I used to know a [name]Luke[/name] with the most gorgeous blue eyes, and your description immediately made me think of him! He was an adventurous, intelligent, and curious boy with handsome looks and a charming smile. Such a [name]Luke[/name]! Your little girl sounds sweet and quiet, yet playful and smart, and I just imagine her as cute little [name]Sadie[/name]! She sounds a bit like my sister, [name]Sarah[/name], and [name]Sadie[/name] is a [name]Sarah[/name] diminutive, so it seemed like a natural choice…

[name]Rowe[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name] - [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Philip[/name] and [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - [name]Rowe[/name] sounds like the perfect, casual, yet still masculine nickname for your boy. I see [name]Rowan[/name] as smart and bold, adventurous and confident, just like your description! For his sweet sister, I chose [name]Magnolia[/name], as she sounds like a darling little [name]Maggie[/name]…

Take care!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Lucas[/name] “[name]Luke[/name]” and [name]Sophie[/name]

[name]Tom[/name] and [name]Analie[/name]

Thanks lemon! I think you just about read my mind with the suggestion of [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]- such a handsome name! Maybe even [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Lucas[/name]? I think the name [name]Rowan[/name] is quite handsome as well. I’ve heard it a few times recently and I’m starting to warm up to the idea of it! I do think [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Sadie[/name] matches the description wonderfully, but my good friends name is [name]Sadie[/name], and I knew a few Sarahs, so I’m not sure if it is a name I could use. [name]Magnolia[/name] is gorgeous, but I do not like the nn [name]Maggie[/name]…to me it sounds like ‘maggots’, and i also know a dog with the name! But the two boys names were spot on, I love them!

Whenever there are games like this on here you describe blonde, blue eyes people? Doesn’t it get OLD after a while? Can’t the people in your descriptions ever have another hair and/or eye colour? No offence, just wondering. Because I have not found a game like this describing a person with say, green eyes and brown hair.

Anyway, either [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] OR [name]Griffin[/name] and [name]Adrienne[/name]! I don’t know why, they just came to mind and I don’t know what kind of names you like.

While writing the descriptions, I was just thinking about what my kids might be like in the future. I did think for a split second though, think the same thing. I have noticed that in peoples description they always use blonde hair and blue eyes… I have reasoning behind mine, I can’t speak for anyone else :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Griffin[/name] :slight_smile: I don’t think I could use it, just because it reminds me of the mythical creature. I also like [name]Adrienne[/name].

Savvy,

Perhaps [name]Lia[/name] could be a sweet nickname for [name]Magnolia[/name], then? She could also be a [name]Lydia[/name].

I, too, wrote about children with blond - or light brown - hair and blue eyes when I did this, because those are the features that will likely be passed down to MY children. I’ve seen a few with red-headed girls, though. Maybe there are a lot of people on NB with blond hair and blue eyes?

In real life I personally see mostly people with brown/dark blonde hair and hazel eyes who maybe WANT to be blonde and blue eyed lol.

Btw, what do you think of [name]Aveline[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name] and [name]Avalon[/name]? I personally picture a little girl with green eyes and black hair when I hear [name]Avalon[/name], but you might not.

Must be lemon! Again, you must have just read my mind with the [name]Lydia[/name] suggestion- I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Lydia[/name]. I’m just afraid it might sound a little stuffy? I don’t know. I wish you could just give me a long list of names, as we seem to have similar tastes! Thanks by the way for your suggestions!

Must be lemon! Again, you must have just read my mind with the [name]Lydia[/name] suggestion- I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Lydia[/name]. I’m just afraid it might sound a little stuffy? I don’t know. I wish you could just give me a long list of names, as we seem to have similar tastes! Thanks by the way for your suggestions![/quote]

Savvy,

[name]Lydia[/name] is my favorite girl name - I don’t think it is stuffy at all! Granted, the only [name]Lydia[/name] I know is eight. Coincidentally, she is blond, but she has brown-ish eyes…

I’d love to share name lists with you - we do have very similar taste it seems…

PS When I say blond, I don’t mean a bleach blond, whitish color. I mean like a honey blond - not dirty blond - but a sun-kissed blond, I suppose. My hair was this color but is now a honey brown color, with gold and red strands in the summer. I have blue eyes with a dark gray-black ring around the iris. I don’t consider myself blond, but my mother does - I have my grandmother’s hair!

Really? I rarely see a hazel eye! Mostly brown, but I’ve been seeing more and more blue lately. The majority of people I see have honey blond or medium brown hair, some with dark brunette hair, and then black hair ([name]Asian[/name] populations).

I can definitely see [name]Avalon[/name] - cool name! - with bright green or blue eyes and dark, wispy brunette hair! Not black, though - apparently black can only be used to describe [name]Asian[/name] hair! I read that once in a textbook. So, a very dark brown is what I’m going with. Honestly, I also see her as a blond, but with very light blond hair and very fair skin…

[name]Evelyn[/name] has honey brown hair and hazel or blue eyes, and [name]Aveline[/name] sounds like a place or something to me…

For the boy I can imagine -
[name]Mathias[/name] - my cousin [name]Matthew[/name] fit your description as a child. I still love [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name] - This a name that reminds me of adventurous little boys like [name]Tom[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name] or [name]Huckleberry[/name] [name]Finn[/name].
[name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] or [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Riordan[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]

For the girl, I see her as -
[name]Cassandra[/name] nn [name]Cassie[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
Some type of “[name]El[/name]” name. Maybe [name]Eloise[/name].
[name]Talia[/name]

mchobbit - All though I did have blond hair and green/blue
eyes as a child my children do not. My husband has black hair and brown
eyes. Our girls have light to medium brown hair, one with brown eyes and one
with hazel (they blue until she was 10 months).
I think most of the descriptions are based on what people would think their own
children would look like. It would be a pretty far stretch for any of my future
children to ever have blond hair. I’ve noticed that some of us see certain names fit for
blond children and others as brunettes. [name]Lydia[/name] I see with dark hair but I’m biased. :smiley:

I like [name]Avalon[/name] and [name]Talia[/name] for girls, but am not in love with either… for some reason I have a hard time finding girls names I [name]LOVE[/name]. For ideas of my style…
[name]Kate[/name] [but i fear it is too short to stand on its own, and I do not like [name]Katelyn[/name] or [name]Katherine[/name]]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Annaliese[/name]

And for boys, keep going with the idea of names that would seem to fit on a [name]Tom[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name] kind of boy! A name with literary ties gives you bonus points! [not nathaniel though… love the name, but i cant use it]

I was going to actually suggest [name]Natalie[/name] and [name]Anneliese[/name] too. [name]Lydia[/name] is my favorite name but [name]Iris[/name] is winning me over. I’ll go and think some more about the girls name.

Maybe not ‘hazel’ but rather a slightly greenish brown colour. I do see blue too, just not as much which is why I’m wondering that everybody always uses blue. I guess people still consider it the pretties eye colour sign. I think that it depends on the person, some would look weird with blue eyes.

I picture [name]Avalon[/name] pale too, just not with blonde hair. But that’s just me.

Savvy, did you ‘choose’ the kids names yet?

[name]How[/name] do feel about [name]Lucy[/name]?

I do love [name]Kate[/name]. [name]Katie[/name] is a guilty pleasure name of mine. I don’t
think I could ever resist a little [name]Katie[/name]. [name]Kate[/name] is definitely more grown
up than [name]Katie[/name]. Personally I’d use just [name]Kate[/name].

[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] - though it might seem dated to you.
[name]Evelyn[/name] - I love with [name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Audra[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] or [name]Auden[/name] I love with [name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] maybe nn [name]Florrie[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] maybe nn [name]Frankie[/name]
[name]Linnet[/name] - a little bird also means “flaxen haired”
[name]Mora[/name] “blueberry” or [name]Maura[/name] different meaning
[name]Eulalie[/name] - not sure how you’ll feel about this one. I love it.

Boys-

[name]Garrett[/name] or [name]Jarrett[/name]
[name]Theron[/name]
[name]Rogan[/name]
[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Percy[/name] - hearing this name in a movie lately has made me love it.
[name]Bastian[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Josiah[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
[name]Porter[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]

No, I didn’t pick out names specifically. I was just trying to get more ideas for names I like, and giving a description seems to be the best way to do so!

I love lucy [hahaha] I like the ties to the Beatles song. This names seems to cross my path time and time again, but I always find reasons to push it out of my mind. Another name I like but don’t love. Hmm… [name]Auden[/name]. I am presuming it is pronounced ‘ah-din’ as in cAr and DINner? I will have to think about this one… take some time to chew it over a bit :slight_smile:

I love lucy [hahaha] I like the ties to the Beatles song. This names seems to cross my path time and time again, but I always find reasons to push it out of my mind. Another name I like but don’t love. Hmm… [name]Auden[/name]. I am presuming it is pronounced ‘ah-din’ as in cAr and DINner? I will have to think about this one… take some time to chew it over a bit :)[/quote]

Also forgot to say I like [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Josiah[/name] for the boys names.

For the boy I can see:
[name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Freddie[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name] nn [name]Marc[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name] nn [name]Tommy[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name] nn [name]Luke[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name] nn [name]Gabe[/name]

For the girl:
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]