What are thoughts on Leyla River?

Older brother’s name is [name_m]Brennen[/name_m] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u]. Does it go well? Any weird associations I’m not thinking of? Husband likes [name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u], but i think the ‘a’ spelling of the first name makes it look a bit chunkier, and ‘[name_u]Anne[/name_u]’ feels stuffy for my tastes.

I prefer the [name_f]Layla[/name_f] spelling myself - it makes the pronunciations obvious and looks better but [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] is good too.
[name_f]Leyla[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] is funky and cute!!

1 Like

The combo is sweet but I much prefer the [name_f]Layla[/name_f] spelling.

1 Like

I agree with the PP, I like it spelled [name_f]Layla[/name_f] better. [name_f]Layla[/name_f] is such a beautiful name! It was actually one of my favorites for a long time! The reason I took it off the list is because of the meaning. It can mean “night” or “dark”, but it can also mean “intoxicating”. Most people won’t have any clue as to the meaning, so I don’t think you should knock it purely for that reason.

1 Like

I definitely think [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] goes well with [name_m]Brennen[/name_m], and I don’t have any weird associations with it! I do much prefer the [name_f]Layla[/name_f] spelling though; I think it makes it more clear how it’s pronounced. I love [name_u]River[/name_u] as her middle name, so maybe a compromise where you use his spelling and your middle? [name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] would be absolutely perfect, imo!

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Ooh, I like [name_u]Brennan[/name_u]! [name_f]Layla[/name_f] is very pretty for a little sister. I think that [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] will just cause confusion & misspellings. [name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] is really cool. [name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] is pretty too, just not as interesting. [name_f]Do[/name_f] either [name_u]Anne[/name_u] or [name_u]River[/name_u] have special meaning?

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Personally, I don’t love the [name_f]Layla[/name_f] spelling either, and I’ve not really seen it spelled [name_f]Leyla[/name_f]. (I prefer [name_f]Leila[/name_f] myself.) Overall, though, [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] is very pretty! Nothing negative comes to mind for me. :slight_smile:

And I agree with @MichelleM:

1 Like

Leyla [name_u]River[/name_u] is stunning! [name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] is nice, but [name_u]Anne[/name_u] is a bit more plain.
I agree with other posters, I much prefer [name_f]Layla[/name_f] or [name_f]Leila[/name_f]/[name_f]Laila[/name_f]!
I also think [name_m]Brennen[/name_m] & [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] sound great together!

(I do, however, think most people wouldn’t have trouble pronouncing [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] correctly! I just think the other spellings look prettier, personally!)

1 Like

Wow, thanks everyone!! I’ll keep thinking on the spelling, it seems like my preference isn’t the most popular one.

Leyla is something i never thought about but i love the similar name [name_f]Lela[/name_f] (pronounced [name_u]Lee[/name_u]-la). If you go with [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] I definitely prefer [name_u]River[/name_u] over [name_u]Anne[/name_u]. If you like [name_f]Lela[/name_f], HMU and i will hit you up with some middle names.

1 Like

[name_f]Leyla[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] is really cool and interesting! I also like the spelling [name_f]Leila[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Leyla [name_u]River[/name_u] is very pretty, but I much prefer the [name_f]Layla[/name_f] spelling as it seems much softer to me. I also agree with @[name_f]Estrela[/name_f] that [name_f]Leila[/name_f] is a good spelling option if you prefer e over a.

1 Like