What are you reading right now?

i’m trying to read more this summer (and i’m sure some other berries are) so i thought this would be a cool thread !! let us know what you’re reading right now, and any other recommendations you have :))

i’m currently reading Call Me By Your Name by [name_m]André[/name_m] Aciman. i just got to part two (it’s split into parts not chapters - i think there are three parts?) and it’s just now getting really good. be warned though, it’s definitely spicy / pretty nsfw !!

3 Likes

I’m reading Prodigy by [name_u]Marie[/name_u] [name_f]Lu[/name_f], the second book in the [name_u]Legend[/name_u] series, it’s getting pretty good. It’s a dystopian novel and the [name_u]Legend[/name_u] series is definitely one of my favorite dystopian series, I’d recommend it.

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] best friend/g̶i̶r̶l̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ steamrolled me into reading Scythe by [name_u]Neal[/name_u] Shusterman. I was kind of apprehensive about it because I’ve never been a huge fantasy gal but I’m actually really loving it. Also rereading stories I wrote a few years ago when I didn’t know that it wasn’t appropriate to pause in the middle of a scene where the character is being threatened with a gun to describe the hair colors of everyone in her family.

3 Likes

How to [name_u]Win[/name_u] Friends and Influence People by [name_u]Dale[/name_u] Carnegie

It has practical advice that so far isn’t hard to follow. If you want to improve your social skills, I recommend it.

2 Likes

A [name_f]Secret[/name_f] [name_m]History[/name_m] of Witches by [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. It follows a family of witches through I think 5 generations starting in the 1820’s.

2 Likes

I pretty much just finished The Murder of [name_m]Roger[/name_m] Ackroyd by [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_u]Christie[/name_u]

It was a fun read! It wasn’t my personal favourite [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_u]Christie[/name_u] though, even though it’s supposed to be one of her best. I preferred And Then There Were None which I also just recently read which was amazing and I honestly could not believe the reveal

2 Likes

I recently finished Yes, No, Maybe So and it was really good! Also the protagonists are named [name_f]Maya[/name_f] and [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] which I think are very sweet names!

2 Likes

The Star-Crossed Sisters of Tuscany by [name_f]Lori[/name_f] [name_u]Nelson[/name_u] Spielman

2 Likes

@amanda_joy I’ll def check that out!

I’m reading [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars: Attack of the Clones as of now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s quite complicated…

I’m currently binge-reading Keeper of the Lost Cities, whilst also rereading [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Jackson[/name_u], reading Pride and Prejudice for the first time, and reading two cute little middle-grade books called “Connect the Stars” and “the Highland [name_u]Falcon[/name_u] Thief” respectively.

4 Likes

this is one of my all time favorite series!

1 Like

It’s so fast paced and intriguing! I love it as well.

I just finished The [name_u]Echo[/name_u] Wife by [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] Gailey a day or two ago, and I’m currently working my way through Into Thin [name_f]Air[/name_f] by [name_m]Jon[/name_m] Krakauer— it’s heavy subject matter and information packed because it’s nonfiction, but it’s fascinating.

@gracegillian, I actually love [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_u]Christie[/name_u], and enjoyed that particular book (though it wasn’t my favorite [name_u]Christie[/name_u] I’ve read either— so far that’s And Then There Were None or Murder on the Orient Express). Without spoilers, what did you think of the ending?

1 Like

I agree with you, it was an enjoyable read but I did much prefer Murder on the Orient Express + And Then There Were None.

this felt sort of long so I'm doing one of these

The ending was not bad by any means, in fact, I quite enjoyed all the little details that I didn’t think of before it was revealed, and I certainly didn’t guess who it was. I just was so shocked by the ending of And Then There Were None that I figured the ending for The Murder of [name_m]Roger[/name_m] Ackroyd would be equally as shocking and complex, and I didn’t really think that it was, so I felt sort of deflated when it was revealed :sweat_smile: It’s hard to describe it, it wasn’t predictable but it wasn’t quite as unpredictable as I expected it to be.
It was still good, it was still shocking, I just think I hyped it up too much in my mind! I really enjoyed the last chapter though, and I did like that the murderer was who they were.

1 Like

I felt much the same way, actually! I always hear from people that Ackroyd is among the best so while I did really like it it’s good to know I’m not alone in my opinion haha

The Girls by [name_f]Emma[/name_f] Cline

1 Like

[name_u]Anne[/name_u] of the [name_u]Island[/name_u]!

2 Likes

I recently finished Blade of Secrets, Tricia Levenseller’s new book and it was pretty good, it was a nice quick fantasy read and Tricia Levenseller did not disappoint in giving an enjoyable book. I can’t wait for the sequel! Currently I’m reading Heartless by Marissa Meyer for the first time and I know the ending isn’t going to be happy and that my favorite character is going to die :sob: I’m going to cry when he does.
At the beginning I was unsure on whether I liked the book or not, it’s about how the Queen of Hearts became well the queen of hearts and so their was some weirdness cause it’s wonderland, but I’m really enjoying it now and can’t put it down.

2 Likes

Great thread! First day of summer and definitely want to read more too.

I plan to reread the [name_u]Anne[/name_u] books and [name_m]Edward[/name_m] Eager’s wonderful magic books while looking for a grown-up book to read too (sounds better than “adult” book!)

2 Likes

I’m reading The Stories of [name_f]English[/name_f] by [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_f]Crystal[/name_f].

2 Likes