What are your biggest name crushes right now?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries!

[name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering what names have been standing out to you on NB, whether you’d use them or not. They can be names you’ve been seeing lately, guilty pleasures, names you’d use if your partner agreed to them, etc. [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to list combos or explain why you love them too!

[name_f]My[/name_f] crushes right now for girls are [name_f]Margo[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. I’ve also always loved [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f], [name_f]Erin[/name_f], and [name_u]Allison[/name_u]/[name_f]Allie[/name_f] even though they’re a bit more old-school. For boys I’m currently crushing on [name_u]Asher[/name_u], [name_u]Beckett[/name_u], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], and [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u]. I also love [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_u]Jonah[/name_u], and [name_m]Graham[/name_m]. These names all make me swoon anytime I hear them, especially [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_f]Margo[/name_f], and [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] :heart_eyes:

So, what do you think of my crushes? What are some of your name crushes? TIA!

4 Likes

I really like [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Erin[/name_f], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u], [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u], and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] from your list!

Right now, I can’t get [name_m]Lawson[/name_m], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_m]Ledger[/name_m], or [name_m]Dallin[/name_m] out of my head! I’m also really liking the nickname [name_m]Ned[/name_m], which is surprising because I used to think it was such an old man name :joy:

I’ve been loving all of the sweet [name_m]Al[/name_m]- names for boys, like [name_u]Alder[/name_u], [name_u]Alden[/name_u], and [name_u]Alwyn[/name_u], as well as [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] for a boy or a girl!

2 Likes

Ledger :heart_eyes: Is this [name_m]Heath[/name_m] [name_m]Ledger[/name_m] inspired at all? I adore him. I also really love [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_u]Alder[/name_u], [name_u]Alden[/name_u], and [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]! I think [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] has such sweet sounds but is still very strong. I much prefer it to [name_u]Holly[/name_u], [name_u]Holland[/name_u], or other Hol- names.

1 Like

Amara
[name_u]Greer[/name_u]
Penelopi
[name_f]Renee[/name_f], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_u]Rune[/name_u], [name_f]Runa[/name_f], [name_u]Rue[/name_u], [name_u]Roux[/name_u], [name_u]Ren[/name_u], [name_m]Rennon[/name_m]
[name_f]Sarahi[/name_f]
[name_f]Petronilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Anouk[/name_f], [name_f]Annika[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonia[/name_f]
[name_u]Baylor[/name_u]
Catelina, [name_f]Catalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Amoret[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessamina[/name_f]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_f]Annabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f], [name_f]Enya[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Belladonna[/name_f], [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Belphoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Boheme[/name_f] (I used to hate all of these names passionately)
[name_u]Keats[/name_u]
[name_u]Anne[/name_u]-[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgette[/name_f]
[name_f]Luz[/name_f]
[name_u]Paxton[/name_u], [name_u]Pax[/name_u]
Penthesilia
[name_f]Verbena[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisheba[/name_f], [name_f]Babette[/name_f], [name_f]Lillias[/name_f], [name_f]Elzbieta[/name_f], Lizaveta, [name_f]Elisheva[/name_f], Belinhna [name_f]Eilish[/name_f], [name_f]Bettina[/name_f]
[name_u]Ennis[/name_u]
[name_u]Sora[/name_u]

1 Like

Delilah is one of my current crushes too! [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f], and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] for girls right now. I think they just sound so elegant. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] too but I’m wavering on that one.

Sullivan, [name_m]Felix[/name_m], and [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] for boys. [name_u]Haven[/name_u]’t really found too many boy names I’m in love with. There’s so many more girl names I love.

1 Like

I actually stumbled across [name_m]Ledger[/name_m] as a first name on Instagram and was like “wow, I kind of love that!” So I guess it was inspired by a random person on the internet, lol :joy: And I agree that [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] sounds both sweet and strong! I don’t love [name_u]Holland[/name_u] but I do think I would use [name_u]Holly[/name_u] sometimes as a nickname for a little girl [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] (or maybe [name_f]Lissie[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

1 Like

Ooh we have very similar taste! I was in love with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] for awhile too but it’s been replaced by [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. I adore [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] though, so pretty. I also really LOVE [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], and [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]. Tbh I also struggle a lot with boy names, and even the ones I love I don’t love as much as my girl names. [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] is so handsome though!

What do you think of [name_u]Miles[/name_u], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], and [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]?

1 Like

I love the nickname [name_f]Lissie[/name_f]! A favorite of mine for awhile was [name_f]Lisette[/name_f] and I thought Lis or [name_f]Lissie[/name_f] would make a cute nn. And [name_u]Holly[/name_u] makes a sweet nickname for [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]. I think it makes [name_u]Holly[/name_u] feel more substantial - a good way to get the sweet sounds of [name_u]Holly[/name_u] while still having something more formal.

1 Like

Oh I love that, though it definitely gives me [name_m]Napoleon[/name_m] Dynamite vibes lol not a bad thing imo! I also think [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is great for a boy as well.

1 Like

There’s some really gorgeous ones on here! I love [name_u]Greer[/name_u], [name_u]Baylor[/name_u], [name_f]Catalina[/name_f], [name_f]Anya[/name_f], and [name_f]Enya[/name_f].

1 Like

Mira-[name_f]Vela[/name_f] _ & [name_f]Kismet[/name_f]-[name_f]Ann[/name_f] “[name_u]Kit[/name_u]” [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes! I am in love with [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]! [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is a family name in a way and I just love it. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband hates it though :rofl: I really need to convince him.

Exactly! I like [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], and [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] but I don’t feel like excited to use them. They’re cool names but they don’t feel amazing. [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] I just feel so in love with. I like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] but I don’t like that there’s different pronunciations to it. I like ee-van-guh-leen but none of the other ones haha.

I’ve been like [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] more lately! [name_u]Miles[/name_u] I’m not a fan of just because of someone I know with the name. [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] is cool. That one is growing on me. [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] my husband loves! I’m just meh on it but he is all about it and I’m not sure why :rofl:

2 Likes

[name_m]Kip[/name_m] is definitely an interesting character lol he’s just kinda the dorky brother, but the whole movie is very goofy and not meant to be taken too seriously.

I honestly don’t think [name_u]Kit[/name_u] and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] are too similar! A little matchy, yeah, but it depends on how often your name and your son’s name would be said together. In my experience most parents go by a title (Mr., Mrs., etc.) or are simply called “So-and-so’s mom.” I’m not sure if it’s like that everywhere though, just what I’ve seen.

1 Like

These are really eye-catching names but are also really intuitive pronunciation-wise. Are you big fan of double-barrels overall, or just with these combos?

My style definitely falls under hyphenated first names. :slight_smile: I also love [name_f]Neva[/name_f] but haven’t found anything to match it to! :sob:

Henrietta [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is so vintage and beautiful and sparkly! :heart_eyes: I can’t believe your husband doesn’t like it. You’ll have to convince him bc it’s perfect!!

And I get what you mean completely. [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f], and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] are romantic and dreamy but also strong and worn by women of importance and substance. I haven’t quite found a name with the same kind of elegance or appeal either. Most boy names seem to fall into just a few categories - classic/biblical, way out there, or super trendy. I keep hoping that maybe we all just found the girl name gems sooner and those sweet-spot boy names just haven’t made an appearance yet!

I’m always back and forth with [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]! I really love the idea of it but I’m not sure I’d ever use it. [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] I love but the more I hear it the more it loses its dazzle. I feel like I’ve just been seeing and hearing it too much. And that’s funny that your husband loves [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]! It’s so unheard of but I think it’s one of those underrated occupation names. It’s very snappy and strong in my opinion.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Margo[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u]! [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], Asher, Gabriel and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] are lovely too.

I’m currently obsessed with [name_f]Margot[/name_f]/Margaux too, as well as [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

I wish my partner liked either [name_u]August[/name_u] or [name_u]Jude[/name_u] so we could use one of them for this baby!

1 Like

Ooh I love your list! [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] are so sweet, and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is so spunky and cool. I like [name_u]Aster[/name_u] a lot too. [name_f]Nell[/name_f] I think is so underrated! With all the [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] love, I’m surprised it’s not more popular.

It’s a huge bummer your partner doesn’t like [name_u]August[/name_u] or [name_u]Jude[/name_u] bc they are AMAZING! Soft but strong boy names are my absolute favorite, I think.

1 Like

I’m crushing on [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Arielle[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] for girl names. Sadly, my partner doesn’t like names ending in A…

For boy names, it’s [name_m]Bastien[/name_m], [name_m]Mathias[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], and [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]. The first two are also on my partner’s list, which makes me really happy!

1 Like

Such a bummer he doesn’t like names ending in -a bc those are all gorgeous! I especially like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. Does he like [name_f]Alice[/name_f]?

Bastien and [name_m]Mathias[/name_m] are wonderful :heart_eyes: and I always love a classic like [name_m]Edward[/name_m]. [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is SUCH a dreamy choice! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I considered [name_m]Rafael[/name_m], but it just didn’t feel right for us.

1 Like