What are your favorite Asian names?

Very well said, verminator. augusta_lee, I agree with your comment on Nameberry racism, but instead of picking on tay2thestars, pick on someone who is new to Nameberry and is much less wise than tay2thestars, like me.

This is the best comment I have ever read on Nameberry.

We had this one girl transfer over from South Korea once, and her name was [name_f]Su[/name_f]-[name_u]Min[/name_u]. We mostly just called her [name_f]Su[/name_f], or [name_f]Su[/name_f]-[name_f]Su[/name_f] (if we were feeling playful). I really liked the name, and I really liked the girl. Also, I like the name [name_u]Ren[/name_u], which is a Japanese name. I also went to school with a girl who moved from Vietnam, and her name was Blie (Ba - Lii). Very pretty.

I watch a TON of anime, so I have a long list!
Girls:
[name_f]Chihiro[/name_f], Haruhi, Haruka (I’ve seen it used for a boy once, but on the show he was annoyed about having a girl’s name), Rei, [name_f]Aya[/name_f], Hikari, [name_f]Rin[/name_f], Ayaka
Boys:
[name_f]Tamaki[/name_f], Takeshi, [name_m]Len[/name_m], [name_m]Ryu[/name_m],

Fighting ignorance with ignorance is a special kind of stupid. Nothing about this post is racist. Slightly ignorant, perhaps, sure…but not racist. Referring to Chinese and Japanese names as “[name_f]Asian[/name_f]” is not racist, nor is it hurtful and problematic. That’s a ridiculous thing to say. You’ve clearly never encountered racism if that is how you define it. Get off your high horse because you’re really just making yourself look childish.

And for the record…if you see ignorance that you believe is problematic, you can educate and inform people without being a condescending jerk. Nice link to tone arguments…you just get more and more condescending as this goes on, don’t you? You’re being such a hypocrite it’s ridiculous. The fact that people called you out on being a bitch isn’t about derailing your argument. It’s about RESPECTING OTHER PEOPLE…which coincidentally is the exact thing you’re trashing the OP for. You want people to have respect for your feelings, try having some respect for them.

This thread has been reported as inappropriate and will be closed.

Please try to remain respectful of others when contributing to discussions.