What are your favorite girl names? Fun names questionaire inside.

Hello berries! [name_m]Just[/name_m] for fun, I would love to know what your favorite girl names are. I would love to hear why they are your favorites as well.

Thanks so much!

Here are some additional questions if you don’t mind answering:

What girl name do you think should be used less?
What girl name would you love to see used more often?
What celebrities naming style do you love most?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both?
[name_m]How[/name_m] do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically?
What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have girl names that you love, but don’t have the guts to use? Why?

I’m going to make a boys thread also in a couple minutes. I’ll post the link when it’s ready or you can just head over to the boys section.

Thanks to anyone who answers! :smiley:

Boys Thread: Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums

My main ‘big’ list right now (including number given in 2012):
Moonglow (<5)
Alla (8)
Roseline/ Rosaline “Rosie” (11/ 12, Rosie 221)
Liesel (19)
Olympia “Oly” (28)
Augusta (30)
Aziza “Izzy” (49)
Marguerite “Maple” (67, Maple 36)
Theodora “Teddy” (67)
Aviva (70)
Millicent “Maple” (71, Milly 94 Millie 383)
Shoshana (94, Shoshanna 14)
Agnes (121)
Clementine (204)
Magnolia (218)
Louisa (222)
Frances/ Francis (359/ 43, 427 boys)
Rosemary “Rosie” (470)
Virginia (502)
Helena (520)
Carolina (718)
Margaret (1758, peaked in 1920)
Hazel (1768, peaked between 1915-1920)
Julia (3844)
Lillian (7100, Lulu 54)

What girl name do you think should be used less? Names ending in -son, Makayla/ McKinzey and similar, all youneek spellings. Oh and Lily/ Lillian (my great-grandmother’s name) because now I can’t use it due to popularity.

What girl name would you love to see used more often? Louisa, Frances, Helena, Rosemary and those types.

What celebrities naming style do you love most? I can’t think of many celebrities with great naming style, though Claudia Schiffer’s kids are Caspar (could only be improved IMO if it were Caspian), Clementine, and Cosima (and both girls have flower middles). I also love Natalia Vodianova, whose kids are Viktor, Neva, and Lukas, which I love in the context of her Russian heritage.

Do you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? It’s a mix but one or the other has to be strong. Nicknames also come into play so I don’t necessarily have to love a name if I love its nicknames, associations, style, or popularity.

How do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? Almost all have a long history of use without ever being super popular. Not necessary the same style at all, though old Jewish names have been a constant on my lists.

What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? I love Maple but don’t think it’s substantial enough with my daughter’s name so I’d use it as a nickname only. My husband hates it, though, so if he can’t get over that, he may have to give up his beloved Marguerite.

Do you have girl names that you love, but don’t have the guts to use? Why? Since I was like 12 I’ve loved the name Moonglow. I realize it sounds ridiculous to others but I have such a positive association with it.

I’ve pretty much used up my girls list with 3 girls, although there are a few gems I didn’t get to sneak in.

I’ll start with the name I’d use if I had another daughter: [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]

There’s also [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], [name_f]Fleur[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] that weren’t used. I tend to naturally prefer a 2 syllable first name paired with a 3 syllable middle name.

I am quite happy with the names I gave my girls, although now I sort of wish I had used [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]. I still love [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] it’s just that I really think that [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] would’ve been a better fit to my really Italian sounding girl set.

My current five favourite girls names are: [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f].

What girl name do you think should be used less? Anything trendy (e.g. Mykynzie or Neavaeh) or uber-popular (e.g. [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_u]Madison[/name_u], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]).
What girl name would you love to see used more often? Anything old-fashioned or under-used.
What celebrities naming style do you love most? I don’t really follow celebrity naming styles, but I love [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_m]Rudolph[/name_m]'s children’s names.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? [name_m]Both[/name_m].
[name_m]How[/name_m] do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? Exactly the same. Classic vintage all the way for me!
What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? None that are terribly uncommon, but I love [name_f]Mattea[/name_f].
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have girl names that you love, but don’t have the guts to use? Why? I love some nature names that I probably wouldn’t use. For example, [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] and [name_f]Pomeline[/name_f].

Favorites: [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_u]Lake[/name_u], [name_f]Anne[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

what name should be used less? All of the [name_f]Lula[/name_f], [name_f]Leyla[/name_f], [name_f]Lela[/name_f], and [name_f]Lila[/name_f] names. They all run together. The vowell heavy names are in danger of the same ([name_f]Ayla[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Addie[/name_f])
What girl name would you love to see used more often: [name_f]Anne[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and I love [name_f]Anne[/name_f] [name_f]Shirley[/name_f], but it feels so plain. I’d like to see some more people wear it to get some more connotations.
Celebrity naming: I like Sarahmezz’ suggestion of [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_m]Rudolph[/name_m]. Her kids have nice names and she’s an SNL alum!
visually pleasing or sound attractive: I think visually pleasing. Actually, I go more for history and connotation.
compare to boy names: Pretty much the same. Except I like my boy names softer and my girl names less flowery. They tend toward the middle I guess.
favorite unusual: [name_u]Lake[/name_u]! and [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
girl names without guts: [name_u]Lake[/name_u], probably.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!
Right now I’m loving:
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]-so so pretty & I think because I can’t use it (ln issues) I love it more…sigh
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]- see [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]-too popular but so pretty
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

Here are some additional questions if you don’t mind answering:

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] in the middle name spot…I think it is the mn of every little girl I know irl.
What girl name would you love to see used
more often?
Real names, real spellings, classics.
Hm not sure …
you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both?
[name_m]Both[/name_m] I think
do your girl names
compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically?
Fairly similar but boys named are so much simpler for me!

[name_f]Catalina[/name_f] is a new fav
you have girl names that you love, but don’t have the guts to use? Why?
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]…too popular, talulah-everyone irl says no :confused:

Thanks to anyone who answers! :D[/QUOTE]

My current favourite girls names are: [name_f]Antigone[/name_f], [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Octavia[/name_f], [name_f]Drusilla[/name_f] and [name_f]Agnes[/name_f]. I can’t exactly say why they’re my favourites - I just love them.

What girl name do you think should be used less? Hmm. To be honest, I’m not exactly sure. I’m going to say anything in the Top 30 and any name that’s horribly misspelled and ultra trendy. Also, surname names on girls.
What girl name would you love to see used more often? [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f]. Although [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] is not currently a favourite of mine, I still do have a soft spot for her and if she doesn’t end up back on the list, she will be used in the middle.
What celebrities naming style do you love most? Hmm…this is a hard one. I love the name of [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] [name_m]Richie[/name_m] and [name_m]Joel[/name_m] [name_m]Madden[/name_m]'s children; [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Midnight[/name_m]. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] [name_m]Osbourne[/name_m]'s daughter, [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] also has a gorgeous name. I absolutely love the name of [name_f]Kaylee[/name_f] Defer’s newborn son, [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]. [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] Schiffer also has nice taste.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? [name_m]Both[/name_m], but more that sound attractive than visually pleasing.
[name_m]How[/name_m] do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? I think my girls names are generally more out there - my boys are more ‘safe’. Though there are a few that are stylistically similar.
What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? [name_f]Antigone[/name_f], [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] and [name_f]Drusilla[/name_f].
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have girl names that you love, but don’t have the guts to use? Why? At the moment, as I’m not TTC or expecting, no. But I’m sure when it’s time to finally name a real little human, I will chicken out of even considering a few names.

[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] are both on my list! If I had any chance in having twins I would have [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] and [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. :smiley:

Thanks to everyone who answered so far!

My girls’ list:

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] (or possibly [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilia[/name_f] instead)
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleni[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]

1. Honestly, [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] are it. I like the names that are in the top 10 (for the most part!). :slight_smile: I think [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and slightly less popular names like [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] are beautiful and timeless and I don’t mind hearing them a lot at all! Popularity (especially among girls’ names, I think, since I seem to branch out to less-popular boys’ names) doesn’t bother me at all. I liked having a popular name; maybe that’s why I like the popular names so much now (then again, they’re just all around gorgeous). Ironically, I would love to hear a LOT less of [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]. I know they’re a lot less used than [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], but I just never got the appeal and I’m so sick of hearing them on Nameberry. I know they’re so well loved, but ugh. I just don’t get them.

2. I’m not sure. Probably names I think are gorgeous, but I don’t think I’d ever use. Like [name_f]Edith[/name_f], and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], and [name_f]Fleur[/name_f].

3-5. Already answered those on the boys’ thread. :slight_smile:

1. [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], [name_f]Zelia[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_f]Arianne[/name_f], [name_f]Zosia[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]…

2. [name_f]Sonata[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Sonata[/name_f]! Totally wouldn’t use it, but I think it’s so cool. Especially since I grew up learning the piano and Moonlight [name_f]Sonata[/name_f] is still one of my favorite pieces. I also really like [name_f]Poet[/name_f], [name_f]Monet[/name_f], etc. And I love the sound and look of [name_f]Gypsy[/name_f], but it’s so ridiculously offensive that I wouldn’t go near it with a 39 and a half foot pole. :slight_smile:

My current favourites are:
[name_f]Enid[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_f]Amabel[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Temperance[/name_f], [name_f]Milena[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Anika[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Clea[/name_f]. But my favourite’s tend to change all the time

What girl name do you think should be used less? [name_f]Evie[/name_f]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Lilly[/name_f]-[name_f]Mai[/name_f], [name_u]Kasey[/name_u]/[name_u]Macey[/name_u]
What girl name would you love to see used more often? [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] or [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
What celebrities naming style do you love most? [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] Dahl and [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] Cullum’s daughters [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? [name_m]Both[/name_m], if it is visually pleasing it has to sound right and sound attractive, the same vice versa
[name_m]How[/name_m] do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? My boys name’s tend to be very Hebrew and [name_m]German[/name_m] is origin, I like more masculine sounding names for boys, I’m not fond on unisex sounding names for either gender
What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? [name_f]Clea[/name_f] and [name_f]Amabel[/name_f]? I haven’t heard either on a person before
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have girl names that you love, but don’t have the guts to use? Why?
[name_f]Alaska[/name_f], I love how it sounds, but the country and book don’t have enough significance for me. I also like the name [name_m]Rocket[/name_m] for a girl, but couldn’t bring myself to use it as either a fn or mn.

I have a hard time with girl names. There aren’t any that I really love but here are the ones I like- [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Laura[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]

What girl name do you think should be used less? Naveah & anything that ends in wen or ie. ex) [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] & [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]

What girl name would you love to see used more often? Any of the classics

What celebrities naming style do you love most? [name_f]Tina[/name_f] [name_f]Fey[/name_f] ([name_f]Alice[/name_f] & [name_f]Penelope[/name_f])

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? sound attractive

[name_m]How[/name_m] do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? No, my style is all over the place

What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? [name_f]Daria[/name_f] & [name_f]India[/name_f]

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have girl names that you love, but don’t have the guts to use? Why? I like [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] but it has a southern feel which I don’t like, [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is easy to tease, [name_f]India[/name_f] sounds pretty but I don’t like the country

[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is my number one because it’s uncommon, yet everyone has heard of it. My man and I think it is absolutely perfect for our future babe, God willing that we have a daughter someday. It’s vintage-y, sugary sweet, and the nickname [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] is classic. [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f].

What girl name do you think should be used less? Well, there’s the obvious: [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]…but I will choose another. [name_f]Isabella[/name_f].
What girl name would you love to see used more often? [name_f]Kara[/name_f]. I love it. I know a preschooler named [name_f]Karaline[/name_f] who goes by [name_f]Kara[/name_f]. So feminine.
What celebrities naming style do you love most? [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] McConaughey and [name_f]Camila[/name_f] Alves. There kiddos names flow together, and the positive hidden meaning in all of them is great!
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? I go more on what they feel like when I say them.
[name_m]How[/name_m] do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? I think so, underused classics, with a Southern feel.
What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] definitely fits this. I also love [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_u]Shae[/name_u].
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have girl names that you love, but don’t have the guts to use? Why? I don’t at all. If I really love a name, only one thing could stop me from using it, and that would be my child’s daddy! :slight_smile:

Favorites:

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] “[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] “[name_f]Lu[/name_f]”
[name_f]Annemarie[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] “[name_f]Annie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] “[name_f]Maddie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] “[name_f]Dottie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] [name_f]Janice[/name_f]
[name_f]Theresa[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] “[name_f]Tess[/name_f]”
[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] “[name_u]Frankie[/name_u]”
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] [name_f]Aileen[/name_f] “[name_f]Celia[/name_f]”
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Yvette[/name_f] “[name_f]Vivi[/name_f]”
[name_f]Ireland[/name_f] [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] “[name_u]Teddy[/name_u]”
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] “[name_u]Rain[/name_u]”

The adding the ‘leigh’ to every ending.

More Greek goddess names, I think they’re pretty.

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t really pay much attention to it.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both?
I tend toward pretty old-fashioned names, saints names most of the time that have family meaning.

[name_m]How[/name_m] do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically?
I think so. They’re all Catholic style or Irish style, with an emphasis on saints names.

Aillidh, [name_f]Caoimhe[/name_f], [name_f]Liora[/name_f], [name_f]Deirdre[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Aoife[/name_f], [name_f]Theodora[/name_f].

[name_f]Ireland[/name_f] because of the country connotation. I always come back to it but don’t know that I can really use it.

Ooh, fun!

My firm favorite girls names are, in no particular order: Jane, Iris, Sylvie, Faye, Alice, Marigold, Juniper, Cordelia, Eloise, and Matilda. Others come and go, but these have stayed the same.

Molly, Ruby, Stella, Anna, Alice, Violet, Lucy, Scarlett, Kate, and Catherine…because I love them all but balk at the idea of using a name in the Top 200. Sigh.

Clio, Esme, Lavender, Mabel, Thisbe, Natasha, Rose, and Greta all come to mind.

I don’t really follow celebrity culture. I do love Joan Didion’s daughter’s name, however: Quintana.

Do you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both?
Sound is most important. My daughter will hear her name spoken aloud dozens of times a day but may only see it written down once or twice a day, if that.

How do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically?
I describe my style as “librarian detective”. Nerdy, spunky, literary and historical, antique, even a little stuffy, with a Roaring 20s-meets-the-Renaissance vibe. So yes, same for boys and girls, though I think my boys list is a bit more out there.

Aside from the ones listed above: Lucinda, Elektra, Saskia, Vesper, Hero, Ophelia, Salome, Ramona, Quintana, Isabeau, Mavis, Calliope, and Ursula.

Do you have girl names that you love, but don’t have the guts to use? Why?
Elektra. Those darn Freudian connotations!

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] - This is new to my list. I’ve never really liked it before, but out of nowhere I recently started to love it!
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] - DH’s fave. I think I love it more for the NickName possibilities. [name_f]Birdie[/name_f], [name_f]Bess[/name_f], [name_f]Betsy[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f], Bex, [name_f]Trixie[/name_f]…
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] & [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] - I love all of these because of Avonlea, a show that was on when I was little that was based on books by L.M. [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - Also new to the list. I love the nickname [name_u]Nelly[/name_u].
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] - The name on my list the longest, this may be the name I actually use on a baby girl if I should have one, in spite of the siggy :wink:
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] - I know it’s a bit over-done, but I like the image of [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] that I have in my head.

1)What girl name do you think should be used less? - Anything misspelled: Brytnea, [name_f]Arionna[/name_f], Kelci, [name_m]Channon[/name_m], etc.

1. What girl name would you love to see used more often? [name_f]Fiona[/name_f].

2. What celebrities naming style do you love most? I love [name_f]Tina[/name_f] [name_f]Fey[/name_f]'s daughter’s names, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. I also really like [name_f]Pink[/name_f]'s daughter’s name, [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]. [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] [name_m]Ritchie[/name_m]'s kids are sort of GP’s of mine, especially [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. Gorgeous.

4)[name_f]Do[/name_f] you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? [name_m]Both[/name_m].

5)[name_m]How[/name_m] do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically?
My girl names are more classic/vintage/eclectic, while the boy names I like are either classic or Irish, it seems.

1. What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? I have been really liking seasonal names lately. My favourites are [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], [name_u]Winter[/name_u] and [name_u]January[/name_u].

7)[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have girl names that you love, but don’t have the guts to use? Why?
Probably [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], [name_u]Winter[/name_u] and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], actually. I would also really love to use [name_f]Willow[/name_f], but it’s a little too trendy for DH’s taste.

What girl name do you think should be used less? [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
What girl name would you love to see used more often? [name_f]Leola[/name_f]
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? Sounds attractive
[name_m]How[/name_m] do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? I like old fashioned girls names
What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? [name_f]Eleonora[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], [name_f]Leola[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Ethel[/name_f]
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have girl names that you love, but don’t have the guts to use? [name_f]Fiammetta[/name_f]

Current favourites: [name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_f]Mela[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (Daughter is [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]) :slight_smile:

What girl name do you think should be used less? [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]! They are so popular where I live and years ago they were on my list. I just cannot use them now. [name_f]Ava[/name_f] (yawn)…. Evangaline (I don’t know anyone with this name but I really dislike it all the same)! Anything made up…Like a meshed name to be cute…(Keep it for the middle name if you must)!
What girl name would you love to see used more often? [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] (I can’t use them but oh so sweet).
What celebrities naming style do you love most? [name_m]Jim[/name_m] [name_u]True[/name_u]-[name_u]Frost[/name_u] [name_f]Tina[/name_f] [name_f]Fey[/name_f]
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? I am attracted mostly to a nice meaning.
[name_m]How[/name_m] do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? Yes
What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? [name_f]Zadie[/name_f], Athea,
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have girl names that you love, but don’t have the guts to use? Why Yes-[name_u]Echo[/name_u], [name_f]Lotus[/name_f], [name_u]Hadley[/name_u], and [name_f]Indigo[/name_f]. Maybe [name_f]India[/name_f] (I may use it but I am two minds I do reallllly love it) I think they are gorgeous names but my husband would not even consider them.

My favorite girls names at the moment: [name_f]Emmanuelle[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Rafaella[/name_f], [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f], [name_f]Demetria[/name_f].
Names that should be used less:
I’m definitely sick of [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f]. And all of the top 100 basically. Also Nameberry’s weird obsession with nature names, very obscure mythological names and names such as- [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. I’ve never seen the appeal.
Names that should be used more:
More exotic and uncommon names. I think “traditional classics” are getting old and should be put back in the closet for a few decades.
Celebrity name crush-
I don’t really keep up with celebs, and the ones I’ve heard of name their kids [name_f]Apple[/name_f] or [name_u]Tennessee[/name_u], which are not my style. I do like [name_f]Salma[/name_f] Hyek’s daughters name- [name_f]Valentina[/name_f].
Style- I mostly like long, exotic sounding names which are very uncommon and only sometimes heard of.
Compare your girls names to your boys list- My girls and boys list are fairly similar in style.
My favourite “out there names”- I don’t really have a category like that. A name is a name to me and maybe my style is a bit “out there” for some people.
Guilty pleasure girl names -
Constantinova.

My current favourite girl names are: [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Freya[/name_f] for the mythology, how its not heard of often but seems familiar, it feels strong and other worldly but a little soft like somone who loves animals and riding horses bare back, both me and my partner love the name to bits.

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] has always seemed like a strong womens name, its also my [name_f]MIL[/name_f] middle name and makes me think of a powerful successful person who takes life by the horns, someone who has a bit of mystery around her and someone who is sharp and you woudlnt be able to sneak anything past them unnoticed…

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] i love for the meaning and its ties to astronomy and how its a name in a book that my partner introduced me to that we both love to read.The name seems musical to me and colourful like a rainbow.

What girl name do you think should be used less? [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], just too many people have this name its lost its personality
What girl name would you love to see used more often? More nature names
[name_m]How[/name_m] do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? Not really, I dont have many boy names i love- the area they cross over is i like nature names for both sexes. such as [name_u]River[/name_u] for girl and [name_u]Ash[/name_u] for a boy
What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? not sure which is more unusual, maybe [name_f]Oceana[/name_f] or [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have girl names that you love, but don’t have the guts to use? Why? [name_f]Saga[/name_f], dosnt seem complete enough to be a name, and worried ppl will think its not a real name