What are your favorite names?

Hey…I’d just love to know what your favorite names are at the moment. Top ten for boys and girls. Maybe you could comment on the names of the person who posted before you and then post your own list. Here are mine:

BOYS

[name]Homer[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Richard[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Wilhelm[/name]
[name]Theseus[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Cornelius[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]

GIRLS

[name]Estella[/name]
[name]Adelaida[/name] “[name]Ada[/name]”
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Zelda[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Aviva[/name]
[name]Zipporah[/name]
[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

Okay, of all the names you listed for boys, I like [name]Atticus[/name], [name]Richard[/name], and [name]Maxwell[/name] the best. My sister named her bird [name]Richard[/name]. It is due for a comeback. My husband had a friend named [name]Cornelius[/name] in college. Sometimes people called him [name]Neil[/name] and sometimes they called him Corn! He was a character so the name really fit him. He was lots of fun.
From your girls list I like [name]Estelle[/name] better than [name]Estella[/name] for some reason, [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Violet[/name], and [name]Adelaide[/name] are all really nice. I like the nickname [name]Addie[/name].
Some of my favorite names lately are:
boys:
[name]William[/name]
[name]Archer[/name] (if my last name were different and I would call him [name]Archie[/name])
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Theo[/name])
[name]Charles[/name]

girls:
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]

Girls

*[name]Jasmine[/name] (so exotic and feminine.)
*[name]Danica[/name] (It’s unique without sounding to weird to me.)
*[name]Annabelle[/name] (means "grace and beauty)
*[name]Allegra[/name] (I like this because I’m a ballerina and my husband is a musician.)
*[name]Vera[/name] (It’s a bit antiquated, but it sounds very sweet to me.)

Boys

*[name]Tristan[/name] (I just like the way it sounds.)
*[name]James[/name] (A good classic name)
*[name]Heath[/name] (I loved the character “[name]Heathcliff[/name]” from [name]Emily[/name] Brontes book.)
*[name]Quinn[/name] (I would choose this as a middle.)
*[name]Micah[/name] (not overused like “[name]Michael[/name]”)

Girl runners up

*[name]Stacia[/name]
*[name]Janna[/name]
*[name]Cassia[/name]
*[name]Deva[/name] (pronounced [name]Day[/name]-vuh)
*[name]Monica[/name]

Boys runners up

*[name]Michael[/name]
*[name]Steven[/name]
*[name]Aidan[/name]
*[name]Devon[/name]
*[name]Dane[/name]

[name]Susan[/name], I am charmed by [name]Archer[/name], [name]Wiliam[/name], [name]Colin[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] & [name]Vincent[/name] from your boys and [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name] & [name]Iris[/name] from your girls. [name]Cecily[/name] is my own #1 name!

lalalinda, [name]Danica[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] (spelled this way only, [name]Annabelle[/name] is far too frilly), [name]Allegra[/name] & [name]Vera[/name] are gorgeous girls. [name]Tristan[/name], [name]James[/name] & [name]Micah[/name] are my favorites of your boys.

Mine:
[name]Cecily[/name], [name]Ottoline[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], Pomeline, [name]Mathilda[/name], [name]Lucretia[/name], [name]Jemima[/name], [name]Maud[/name], [name]Zuleika[/name] & [name]Florence[/name] are my favorite girls.
[name]Cosmo[/name], [name]Cassius[/name], [name]Remy[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Lucius[/name], [name]Clarence[/name], [name]Alasdair[/name], [name]Rafael[/name], [name]Oscar[/name] & [name]Ignatius[/name] are my favorite boys.

[name]Lola[/name], you think of such lovely and unique names! I have to say which of yours are my favorites. I am setting aside the problems of my last name which starts with a “ch” and ends in a “y”. And I am also setting aside the problem that my husband is the world’s most boring baby namer. Of your list for girls I love: [name]Cecily[/name] (of course), [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Mathilda[/name], [name]Jemima[/name], and [name]Florence[/name]. Given time, I would probably get used to and then start to love the other ones. Boys: [name]Cosmo[/name], [name]Remy[/name] (nice! hadn’t thought of that!), [name]Oscar[/name], I love [name]Lukas[/name] more than [name]Lucius[/name]-I guess my taste is tame-and [name]Clarence[/name] is very cute, too. What about [name]Otto[/name]? I love [name]August[/name]. Not used to the others, yet.

Thanks [name]Susan[/name]! [name]Otto[/name]'s a darling but my other half thinks of the stoner bus driver from the [name]Simpson[/name]'s only when he hears [name]Otto[/name]. “My name is [name]Otto[/name] and I like to get blotto” is what he hears when I suggest [name]Otto[/name]. Too bad too, because I think he’s prefect. Sporty, zippy, happy and strong. I should make a post on [name]Otto[/name] in my blog sometime soon. Might be able to sell him then!

It’s funny, just reading the bit about your surname, my brain thought, wow, [name]Eleanor[/name] would be awesome with that surname. [name]Daphne[/name] would be stellar too. [name]Alice[/name] & [name]Lucy[/name] (while lovely) might be a bit sss-sy wiith your surname and [name]Iris[/name] might be brief enough to work well. If he’s unadventurous and you can live with a “boring” classic like [name]William[/name] in front, try incorporating some more unusual names in the middle. example: [name]William[/name] [name]Apollo[/name] has long been a favorite pairing of my own. I love the sun drenched feel of [name]Apollo[/name] with classic [name]William[/name]. You might also want to toss the Dutch version of [name]William[/name] at him, [name]Willem[/name] (will-em, two crisp syllables, no washy drawn out - yam sound). I think it sounds better with the elements in your surname (I’m saying [name]Chesney[/name] [like [name]Kenny[/name]] in my head as a “placer”) I could probably toss a thousand unusual boys names at you for middle use, my other half prefers uncommon and it’s all I can do to keep him from naming a boy [name]Ptolemy[/name] [name]Tiberius[/name] [name]Faust[/name]!

Lalalinda, I have a reply for you. I really love the name [name]Michael[/name] even though it is so overused. If I met a guy named [name]Michael[/name] when I was a teenager, he was automatically a little cuter just for having that name. In high school I was in love with a guy named [name]Stephen[/name] and the cute boy next door was named [name]James[/name]! [name]Vera[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] and Stassia are my favorites of the girls and that’s how I might spell them. [name]Annabel[/name] is tricky with my last name which starts with a “ch”. You could end up with a very burpy little Anabelch!
[name]Lola[/name], I am glad you love [name]Otto[/name]! My husband would not like [name]Eleanor[/name] or [name]Daphne[/name], but I think I could make him like [name]Eleanor[/name] eventually if I kept bugging him. He also would not like [name]Willem[/name]. Last night I asked him what names he likes for girls, and he said [name]Susan[/name], [name]Laura[/name] (daughter’s name), [name]Elizabeth[/name] (daughter’s middle name), then there was quiet. “What else?” I asked. Uh, [name]Ann[/name]. Then, “What is [name]Kate[/name] short for?” This is a man who graduated from a very fine liberal arts college, mind you.
But it doesn’t matter, I am too old to have any more babies. I will just have pets. He will be happy with [name]Daphne[/name] or whatever for little kitties and doggies.
[name]Do[/name] you love the name [name]Thomas[/name]? I adore it beyond all reason. [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], lovely!
My husband likes really boring middle names, too. But he let me choose our son’s middle name [name]Sebastian[/name] all by myself. I know that [name]Sebastian[/name] is similar to one of your son’s names. [name]Both[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Simon[/name] are extremely gorgeous! Of course I had a big part in choosing our son’s first name, [name]Peter[/name], too. I am not a name doormat wife!

I wanted some opinions on a name that I have always loved; [name]Lolita[/name]. I love the way that it sounds and think that it is a very pretty, classic, feminine name, but I also know that many people have a very negative connotation of it because of the book. I of course don’t want my daughter thought of as a sexually precocious young girl, but I really love the name. I’m thinking of going with [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Lolita[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and calling her [name]Lolita[/name]. [name]Lola[/name] and Lo for short. What are your thoughts? Is it a great enough name in your opinion to get over other people’s perceptions?

I’m a total name nerd … I have so many. I tend to think of them in first/middle or sibling combinations …

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Madelyn[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Liam[/name] [name]Tobias[/name]

Siblings -
[name]Cora[/name] and [name]Noah[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Gillian[/name] and [name]Elliott[/name]

And the name combo I’m realllllly loving right now is [name]Tess[/name] Aubrienne (however, [name]Tess[/name] was my mother-in-laws Doberman’s name).

Ironically, I’m not using any of those … they’re not DH’s favorites. Lol!

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Vivian[/name] is a beautiful combination!

My favorites right now:

Girls:
[name]Carrie[/name]
[name]Kate[/name] (full name [name]Katherine[/name])
[name]Jovie[/name]
[name]Josie[/name]
[name]Neva[/name]
[name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Lanier[/name]
[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Pearce[/name]

Boys:
[name]Erickson[/name]
Heald (more for a middle name)
[name]Ford[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Mercer[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Emory[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]

As you can see, my tastes go a little bit of every where. I love names that are slightly different but could sound classic. I love my name ([name]Sarah[/name]) but ran into about a million other Sarahs growing up. I want a name that has the same classic “grow with the kid” feel but that you aren’t going to have too many of around. But not a name that makes someone go, “Dang kid, what were your parents thinking!” :slight_smile:

A lot of these are family names ([name]Carrie[/name], [name]Kate[/name], [name]Neva[/name], [name]Pearce[/name], [name]Erickson[/name], Heald, [name]Ford[/name]).

I love classic names with a unique or namesake twist for the middle name.
My favorites are:
Girls:
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Kate[/name] ([name]Annie[/name])
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Cate[/name])
[name]Eve[/name] [name]Frances[/name] ([name]Evie[/name])
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Kate[/name] ([name]Eve[/name])
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] ([name]Liz[/name])
[name]Frances[/name] [name]Aisling[/name] ([name]Frankie[/name], [name]Frannie[/name])
[name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Frances[/name]

Boys:
[name]August[/name] ([name]Gus[/name])
[name]Benjamin[/name] ([name]Ben[/name])
[name]David[/name]
[name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name] [name]Francis[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Harris[/name]
[name]John[/name]
[name]Michael[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Mark[/name] [name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name] [name]Rowan[/name]
[name]William[/name] ([name]Wills[/name])

Girls: [name]Anika[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Cosima[/name], [name]Eudora[/name], [name]Idonia[/name]/[name]Idonea[/name], [name]Isadora[/name], [name]Isolde[/name], [name]Odessa[/name], [name]Ophelia[/name], [name]Zinaida[/name]

Boys: [name]Alaric[/name], [name]Edgar[/name], [name]Elias[/name], [name]Harold[/name], [name]Ivan[/name], [name]Oscar[/name], [name]Oswald[/name], [name]Sinclair[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Ulysses[/name]

Wow… The person before mine, their names are very… Different, and old-fashioned. Not my taste. But, I like [name]Oliver[/name] the best.

I don’t have a Top Ten, but I do have middle names.

Girls:
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Lindsey[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Sydney[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Leah[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Remy[/name] [name]Jo[/name] [name]Alexis[/name]

Boys:
[name]Aidan[/name] [name]Michael[/name] [name]Connor[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name] [name]Tyler[/name] [name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Dawson[/name] [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Ryder[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Parker[/name]

Ha ha I kinda have “themes”, in a sense. For girls, I really like names that end in A or the “uh” sound, and for boys, I like names that end in the “an” or “on” or “in” sound, or however you wanna pronounce it.
[name]Remy[/name] is like my only exception for girls

I love many of these names including [name]Anika[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Cosima[/name], [name]Elias[/name], [name]Harold[/name], [name]Oscar[/name], and [name]Theodore[/name]. These are some of my favorite favorites: [name]Annika[/name] (spelled with two "n"s, [name]Clara[/name], and [name]Theodore[/name]!

Girls:
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Addison[/name]
[name]Katharine[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]London[/name]
[name]Lisette[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name] ([name]Lucie[/name])

Boys:
[name]James[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]William[/name] ([name]Liam[/name])
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Richard[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]

I love many of your picks! The best are: [name]Anika[/name] (personally, I prefer [name]Annika[/name]), [name]Clara[/name], and [name]Isadora[/name]; [name]Edgar[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] (love [name]Theodore[/name]! Especially with the nn [name]Ted[/name]!)

My favorites:

[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Brody[/name]
[name]Cohen[/name]
[name]Cash[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Landon[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Maddox[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Preston[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Zachary[/name]

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Brielle[/name]
[name]Bella[/name]
[name]Calista[/name]
[name]Cambria[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Gabriella[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Lilyana[/name]
[name]Mattea[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Maliyah[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Sienna[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name]
[name]Sierra[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]
[name]Tatiana[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Vanessa[/name]

here are the top ten of my favorite names:

boys:
oscar
vincent
henry
mathis
caspar
liam
frederik
theo(dor)
leonard
elliot

cosima
lilia
charlotte
flora
elinor
mina
meret
alexia
isadora
florentine

I have lots of favourites and my list for girls is over 50 names. I find it harder to name boys however and my list is a lot shorter. My top ten for boys and girls are:

[name]Grace[/name] (Family name):Another name that is similar that I like is [name]Graciela[/name].Pronounced the same as [name]Gracie[/name] and [name]Ella[/name] just put together.
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Kate[/name] or [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Julianna[/name] or [name]Juliana[/name] ([name]Julie[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] are family names)
[name]Sienna[/name]
[name]Kiara[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Janae[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]

[name]James[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Aidan[/name]
[name]Tony[/name](Family name)
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Seth[/name] or [name]Thomas[/name] ([name]Thomas[/name] is a family name)

I went a little over with 11 boys names there but it was so hard to choose :slight_smile:

Such beautiful names! My current fav’s are-

Boys-

[name]Cannon[/name] (my sons name)
[name]Cohen[/name]
[name]Colton[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Smith[/name]
[name]Nixon[/name]
Linkin
[name]Ryker[/name]

Girls

Dellyn (like [name]Ellen[/name] but with a D in front)
[name]Shea[/name]
[name]Reagan[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
Avonlea (pronounced [name]Avon[/name]-lee)
[name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Briley[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Afton[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] (pronounced eye-la)