What are your favourites

I’m not pregnant or anything just love names. I have nine favourite names on my list and want to try and get it down to at least five maybe even three. Please help me by telling me your opinions on these names.

[name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
Arlissa
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]
[name_f]Alaska[/name_f]
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Talitha[/name_f]

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] and [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] are the best

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] and [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] are my favorites but I am biased :wink: I do like [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] too, I think… it is growing on me.

I looove [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f], and [name_f]Alaska[/name_f]. All gorgeous!

2nd tier - [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Athena[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]! The others are not my style…

[name_f]Athena[/name_f] - very strong. Sort of a warrior name!
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] - feels elfin and “woodland magic”.
Arlissa - seems a bit messy. [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f] and [name_f]Larissa[/name_f] are both better.
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] - I think the “line” rags down an otherwise perfectly beautiful name, [name_f]Emma[/name_f]! It doesn’t seem sophisticated.
[name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] - I think it should only be used if it has special significance, otherwise it could be hard to wear. Great as a middle.
[name_f]Alaska[/name_f] - better as a middle. I don’t like the way it sounds too much.
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f] - great name, jaunty and sweet but also stylish.
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f] - beautiful.
[name_f]Talitha[/name_f] - pretty.

Favourites:

1. [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Talitha[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Athena[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]

[name_f]Athena[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], and [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] are my favorites. I especially love [name_f]Alaska[/name_f].

You certainly have very eclectic taste!

[name_f]Athena[/name_f]: strong and beautiful. I love goddess names and [name_f]Athena[/name_f] is a great namesake!

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]: gorgeous and melodic.

Arlissa: sounds a bit made-up to me, and I don’t like the -issa ending - too girly/frilly for my tastes.

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]: strong and traditional, and I love the feminist associations.

[name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]: cute and cool. Not sure I’d be brave enough to use it though.

[name_f]Alaska[/name_f]: nms, but not the worst I suppose. I’m not a huge fan of place names. I like the similar [name_f]Eliska[/name_f].

[name_f]Mavis[/name_f]: really dislike - it’s old lady in a bad way [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]: OK, I love the sound but not so keen on the link to [name_m]Iggy[/name_m] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]. I doubt she’ll still be around in 10 or 20 years though.

[name_f]Talitha[/name_f]: don’t really like for some reason, even though I love [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f].

[name_f]Athena[/name_f] - like this for both the sound and meaning
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] - like this a lot :slight_smile:
Arlissa - do not like this. [name_f]Elissa[/name_f] would be preferable
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] - love this…(when pronounced em-eh-LEEN, as in [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] Pankhurst).
[name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] - I never understand the love for this name. Sparrows are pest birds. It’s like naming your kid mouse.
[name_f]Alaska[/name_f] - agree with the previous poster that [name_f]Eliska[/name_f] is preferable.
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f] - I really want this to work - if [name_f]Edith[/name_f] can make a a comeback, why not [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]? And yet… can’t like this. It reminds me of granny knickers. [name_f]Avis[/name_f] or [name_f]Maris[/name_f] are better options to me.
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Azaria[/name_f].
[name_f]Talitha[/name_f] - Not my style. I like the similar [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] more.