What are your first thoughts?

Tell me how & why you like/dislike the following? Have you heard anyone with one of the following names? Any of them your favorite? These were just on my mind.
Everyone feel free to add any other names to talk about. They don’t have to be anything you’d ever use.

[name]Sheba[/name]
[name]Viveca[/name]
Maximilienne nn [name]Millie[/name]
[name]Dolly[/name] as a nn for [name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Anastasie[/name] nn [name]Tansy[/name]
[name]Pascale[/name]/[name]Pascaline[/name]
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Lilias[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Agatta[/name]
Nestora
[name]Elettra[/name]
[name]Nereida[/name]
[name]Peninah[/name]
[name]Hester[/name]
[name]Irisa[/name]
[name]Mamie[/name] as a nn for [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Berenice[/name]
[name]Mimi[/name]
[name]Orsola[/name] (& [name]Ursula[/name])

[name]Edwin[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Cornell[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]Raleigh[/name]
Rowling
[name]Zeb[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]
[name]Clement[/name]
[name]Zimran[/name]
[name]Foster[/name]

*Also, I had a dream last night about the name [name]Anna[/name], which I’ve always found extremely boring, but I love in my dream. I’m starting to like it now…odd?

[name]Sheba[/name]-- Not fond of it…my aunt has a cat named [name]Sheba[/name]
[name]Viveca[/name]-- [name]Don[/name]'t like it; it just sounds, to me, like the name of a bully
Maximilienne nn [name]Millie[/name]-- While it’s interesting, I’ve always thought it should stick with boys.
[name]Dolly[/name] as a nn for [name]Dorothea[/name]-- I like this. It’s very feminine and will age well!
[name]Lennox[/name]-- Not for a child; it’s that set of expensive stuff you buy!
[name]Anastasie[/name] nn [name]Tansy[/name]-- I prefer [name]Anastasia[/name], and am not a fan at all of [name]Tansy[/name]…it rhymes with [name]Pansy[/name]!
[name]Pascale[/name]/[name]Pascaline[/name]-- Something about this name doesn’t sit well with me…
[name]Lilac[/name]-- I like this, though prefer [name]Lila[/name]
[name]Lilias[/name]-- This is very pretty! [name]Unique[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name]-- No; reminds me of the song that goes “[name]Dinah[/name] won’t you blow your horn?”
[name]Agatta[/name]-- too old lady for anyone to have!
Nestora-- This is really interesting. I would never use it, but I like it
[name]Elettra[/name]-- too close to [name]Elektra[/name] for my liking
[name]Nereida[/name]-- see [name]Pascale[/name]
[name]Peninah[/name]-- see [name]Pascale[/name] again!
[name]Hester[/name]-- I love [name]Hester[/name]! It reminds me of [name]Hester[/name] Prynne from The [name]Scarlet[/name] Letter =)
[name]Irisa[/name]-- would be better without the “a”, in my opinion
[name]Mamie[/name] as a nn for [name]Marguerite[/name]-- I don’t like this name…the sound doesn’t fall well on my ears
[name]Berenice[/name]-- It’s a good name, but I don’t really like it
[name]Mimi[/name]-- I always think of [name]Mimi[/name] from the [name]Drew[/name] [name]Carey[/name] Show, so no!
[name]Orsola[/name] (& [name]Ursula[/name])-- [name]Ursula[/name] from The [name]Little[/name] Mermaid…not a good namesake!

[name]Edwin[/name]-- While I prefer [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name], I do like [name]Edwin[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]-- I love, love, love [name]Phineas[/name]!
[name]Cornell[/name]-- I like [name]Cornell[/name]. It sounds very strong
[name]Otto[/name]-- It’s too boring for my liking
[name]Raleigh[/name]-- I like this! Very regal
Rowling-- YES!! JK Rowling =D
[name]Zeb[/name]-- I do have a small fondness for [name]Zeb[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]-- [name]Regal[/name], too.
[name]Clement[/name]— I don’t like [name]Clement[/name]. It’s so bland
[name]Zimran[/name]-- Too strange for my taste, but points for unique
[name]Foster[/name]-- I like [name]Foster[/name], but just on paper and not on a person

*Also, I had a dream last night about the name [name]Anna[/name], which I’ve always found extremely boring, but I love in my dream. I’m starting to like it now…odd?[/quote]
I don’t think that’s odd that you’re starting to like [name]Anna[/name]. I don’t like it, either, but I get why people do.

[name]Sheba[/name]-- Not fond of it…my aunt has a cat named [name]Sheba[/name]
[name]Viveca[/name]-- [name]Don[/name]'t like it; it just sounds, to me, like the name of a bully
Maximilienne nn [name]Millie[/name]-- While it’s interesting, I’ve always thought it should stick with boys.
[name]Dolly[/name] as a nn for [name]Dorothea[/name]-- I like this. It’s very feminine and will age well!
[name]Lennox[/name]-- Not for a child; it’s that set of expensive stuff you buy!
[name]Anastasie[/name] nn [name]Tansy[/name]-- I prefer [name]Anastasia[/name], and am not a fan at all of [name]Tansy[/name]…it rhymes with [name]Pansy[/name]!
[name]Pascale[/name]/[name]Pascaline[/name]-- Something about this name doesn’t sit well with me…
[name]Lilac[/name]-- I like this, though prefer [name]Lila[/name]
[name]Lilias[/name]-- This is very pretty! [name]Unique[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name]-- No; reminds me of the song that goes “[name]Dinah[/name] won’t you blow your horn?”
[name]Agatta[/name]-- too old lady for anyone to have!
Nestora-- This is really interesting. I would never use it, but I like it
[name]Elettra[/name]-- too close to [name]Elektra[/name] for my liking
[name]Nereida[/name]-- see [name]Pascale[/name]
[name]Peninah[/name]-- see [name]Pascale[/name] again!
[name]Hester[/name]-- I love [name]Hester[/name]! It reminds me of [name]Hester[/name] Prynne from The [name]Scarlet[/name] Letter =)
[name]Irisa[/name]-- would be better without the “a”, in my opinion
[name]Mamie[/name] as a nn for [name]Marguerite[/name]-- I don’t like this name…the sound doesn’t fall well on my ears
[name]Berenice[/name]-- It’s a good name, but I don’t really like it
[name]Mimi[/name]-- I always think of [name]Mimi[/name] from the [name]Drew[/name] [name]Carey[/name] Show, so no!
[name]Orsola[/name] (& [name]Ursula[/name])-- [name]Ursula[/name] from The [name]Little[/name] Mermaid…not a good namesake!

[name]Edwin[/name]-- While I prefer [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name], I do like [name]Edwin[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]-- I love, love, love [name]Phineas[/name]!
[name]Cornell[/name]-- I like [name]Cornell[/name]. It sounds very strong
[name]Otto[/name]-- It’s too boring for my liking
[name]Raleigh[/name]-- I like this! Very regal
Rowling-- YES!! JK Rowling =D
[name]Zeb[/name]-- I do have a small fondness for [name]Zeb[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]-- [name]Regal[/name], too.
[name]Clement[/name]— I don’t like [name]Clement[/name]. It’s so bland
[name]Zimran[/name]-- Too strange for my taste, but points for unique
[name]Foster[/name]-- I like [name]Foster[/name], but just on paper and not on a person

*Also, I had a dream last night about the name [name]Anna[/name], which I’ve always found extremely boring, but I love in my dream. I’m starting to like it now…odd?[/quote]
I don’t think that’s odd that you’re starting to like [name]Anna[/name]. I don’t like it, either, but I get why people do.

I’ll share my very first thoughts, almost like a word association game:

[name]Sheba[/name]: Shiba Inu puppies
[name]Viveca[/name]: A. [name]Fox[/name], the actress. (But I love the name…)
Maximilienne nn [name]Millie[/name]: I thought, “That’s long!” I love [name]Millie[/name]!
[name]Dolly[/name] as a nn for [name]Dorothea[/name]: I love [name]Dorothea[/name], but think of [name]Dolly[/name] more for [name]Dahlia[/name]. I think that [name]Dolly[/name] is darling!
[name]Lennox[/name]: [name]Annie[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] and [name]Lennox[/name] china.
[name]Anastasie[/name] nn [name]Tansy[/name]: First thought, “Is that supposed to be [name]Anastasia[/name]?” I love [name]Anastasia[/name]!
[name]Pascale[/name]/[name]Pascaline[/name]: [name]Paschal[/name] lamb and [name]Pascal[/name]'s Triangle.
[name]Lilac[/name]: Pretty! (My favorite floral scent!) :slight_smile:
[name]Lilias[/name]: Pretty!
[name]Dinah[/name]: My first thought was, “Someone’s in the kitchen with [name]Dinah[/name]…” and then I thought of “[name]Delilah[/name].”
[name]Agatta[/name]: My first thought: “Is this supposed to be [name]Agatha[/name]?”
Nestora: Nestle chocolate.
[name]Elettra[/name]: I love this name! When I look at it, I always first see “Electric.” :slight_smile:
[name]Nereida[/name]: Hmmm…
[name]Peninah[/name]: First thought: “I love [name]Nina[/name]!”
[name]Hester[/name]: [name]Scarlett[/name] Letter
[name]Irisa[/name]: I love [name]Iris[/name]!
[name]Mamie[/name] as a nn for [name]Marguerite[/name]: I love the nickname [name]Mamie[/name], and think of the musical, [name]Mame[/name].
[name]Berenice[/name]: I love the Italian pronunciation, but otherwise, I think of barren ice.
[name]Mimi[/name]: I think it’s a cute nickname…
[name]Orsola[/name] (& [name]Ursula[/name]): I unfortunately think of [name]Ursula[/name] from The [name]Little[/name] Mermaid.

[name]Edwin[/name]: Cool…
[name]Phineas[/name]: Awesome…
[name]Cornell[/name]: University
[name]Otto[/name]: Auto (and the “[name]Otto[/name] Titsling” song from “Beaches”), but I think it’s a cool name.
[name]Raleigh[/name]: [name]Durham[/name]
Rowling: JK
[name]Zeb[/name]: [name]Zebulon[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]: Cowboy and the [name]Wild[/name] [name]West[/name]…I like it!
[name]Clement[/name]: [name]Clementine[/name].
[name]Zimran[/name]: First thought: “Hmmm…”
[name]Foster[/name]: Child

I’m not sure if you were searching for first thoughts, so I apologize if I goofed! :slight_smile:

Take care!

P.S. I love [name]Anna[/name], too, and [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Anneliese[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Sheba[/name] - cats, [name]Queen[/name] of
[name]Viveca[/name] - pharmaceutical brand
Maximilienne nn [name]Millie[/name] - too many letters
[name]Dolly[/name] as a nn for [name]Dorothea[/name] - abstract, but then again so is [name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Peggy[/name]; I like it - [name]Dolly[/name] is cute and [name]Dorothea[/name] is beautiful
[name]Lennox[/name] - too masculine. [name]Annie[/name].
[name]Anastasie[/name] nn [name]Tansy[/name] - [name]Tansy[/name] has always sounded a little tacky to me. To me, [name]Anastasia[/name] will always be the member of the Russian royal family, probably killed by the Bolsheviks, no matter how many I meet … so I find it too sad to really like.
[name]Pascale[/name]/[name]Pascaline[/name] - Physics ([name]Pascal[/name] is a unit of measuring … well, my memory doesn’t stretch that far back, but something!)
[name]Lilac[/name] - sweet, feminine and bohemian.
[name]Lilias[/name] - …ass.
[name]Dinah[/name] - Eighties.
[name]Agatta[/name] - I love! A satisfying sound, and [name]Aggie[/name] is a cute nn.
Nestora - a disease.
[name]Elettra[/name] - electricity.
[name]Nereida[/name] - how do I pronounce that?
[name]Peninah[/name] - why not just [name]Penelope[/name]?
[name]Hester[/name] - lovely, classic name.
[name]Irisa[/name] - unneccessary elaboration.
[name]Mamie[/name] as a nn for [name]Marguerite[/name] - adorable, vintage and quirky.
[name]Berenice[/name] - poor child.
[name]Mimi[/name] - too cutesy, too overused.
[name]Orsola[/name] (& [name]Ursula[/name]) - nasty octopus-woman (thank you, Disney).

[name]Edwin[/name] - the least lovely of the Ed__ names, but a quirky choice.
[name]Phineas[/name] - I adore, although [name]Finn[/name] is getting a little popular.
[name]Cornell[/name] - Cornwall? Corns on your feet? [name]Cornelius[/name]?
[name]Otto[/name] - utterly brilliant.
[name]Raleigh[/name] - a waste of a life ([name]Journey[/name]'s End).
Rowling - rowing? At second glance, JK?
[name]Zeb[/name] - where’s the rest of this name?
[name]Roscoe[/name] - nice, perhaps a little try-hard.
[name]Clement[/name] - excellent.
[name]Zimran[/name] - alien?
[name]Foster[/name] - child.

Fun, NameGoddess! I’ll go with my very first thoughts…:slight_smile:

[name]Sheba[/name]: I think of a Shiba Inu dog…
[name]Viveca[/name]: [name]Viveca[/name] [name]Fox[/name], but I think it’s a great name!
Maximilienne nn [name]Millie[/name]: I think this is very pretty…
[name]Dolly[/name] as a nn for [name]Dorothea[/name]: [name]Love[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name], but [name]Dolly[/name] is all [name]Parton[/name] or Sheep to me. (I’ll try to work on it, though…) :slight_smile:
[name]Lennox[/name]: [name]China[/name]…
[name]Anastasie[/name] nn [name]Tansy[/name]: Recently, I can’t help but see the “Nast” part of the name, which makes me think of Nasty.
[name]Pascale[/name]/[name]Pascaline[/name]: I think of a lamb.
[name]Lilac[/name]: I think of the beautiful scent…
[name]Lilias[/name]: I think of a lilac bush…
[name]Dinah[/name]: I think of the song…“Someone’s in the kitchen with [name]Dinah[/name]…”
[name]Agatta[/name]: I gotta…
Nestora: I think of yummy Nestles chocolate chips, followed by a nest.
[name]Elettra[/name]: I think of electricity, but I think it’s a cool name…
[name]Nereida[/name]: I think of Ore [name]Ida[/name] frozen french fries
[name]Peninah[/name]: I think of the male anatomy…
[name]Hester[/name]: [name]Scarlett[/name] Letter, followed by the word “fester.”
[name]Irisa[/name]: I think of an [name]Iris[/name]…
[name]Mamie[/name] as a nn for [name]Marguerite[/name]: I’m thinking that I love [name]Marguerite[/name], but not so much [name]Mamie[/name]…
[name]Berenice[/name]: I’m thinking that [name]Berenice[/name] will encounter pronunciation issues…
[name]Mimi[/name]: I think of “[name]Mini[/name].” I think it’s a sweet nickname…
[name]Orsola[/name] (& [name]Ursula[/name]): I think of [name]Ursula[/name] from The [name]Little[/name] Mermaid…

[name]Edwin[/name]: I think of [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name]…I think that [name]Edwin[/name] is cool…
[name]Phineas[/name]: and Ferb. I love the name, though!
[name]Cornell[/name]: University.
[name]Otto[/name]: Auto. I think [name]Otto[/name] is a nice name…
[name]Raleigh[/name]: [name]Durham[/name]. [name]North[/name] [name]Carolina[/name].
Rowling: JK.
[name]Zeb[/name]: I think this is a cool nickname for [name]Zebedee[/name].
[name]Roscoe[/name]: Cowboy…
[name]Clement[/name]: I love [name]Clementine[/name]!
[name]Zimran[/name]: I think of a robot.
[name]Foster[/name]: Child.

I think that [name]Anna[/name] is a very pretty name, so I don’t find it at all odd that you’re liking it now! :slight_smile:

This was a great name list, NameGoddess! Thanks!

Take care! :slight_smile:

[name]Sheba[/name]: I don’t like it… I think because it reminds me of sheep.

[name]Viveca[/name]: I like this one! I like [name]Vivienne[/name] better, though

Maximilienne nn [name]Millie[/name]: I’ve never really liked this or [name]Maximilian[/name], because I only hear ‘million’ at the end.

[name]Dolly[/name] as a nn for [name]Dorothea[/name]: I think [name]Dolly[/name] as a nickname is really cute, and [name]Dorothea[/name] is definitely growing on me.

[name]Lennox[/name]: For a girl? No.

[name]Anastasie[/name] nn [name]Tansy[/name]: Very cute!

[name]Pascale[/name]/[name]Pascaline[/name]: I prefer [name]Pascaline[/name].

[name]Lilac[/name]: Cute, but I can’t really picture an actual person with the name…

[name]Lilias[/name]: I like it, and I wonder if it will grow more popular with the other [name]Lily[/name] names.

[name]Dinah[/name]: Ew, I’ve never liked this name.

[name]Agatta[/name]: Never heard of it before… [name]Agata[/name] is another [name]Agatha[/name] variant

Nestora: Reminds me of nests.

[name]Elettra[/name]: I like this name. I prefer it to [name]Electra[/name], just like I prefer [name]Vittoria[/name] to [name]Victoria[/name].

[name]Nereida[/name]: I like the meaning, but it seems awkward to say. I like [name]Nerissa[/name], though.

[name]Peninah[/name]: I don’t like this.

[name]Hester[/name]: Well, I prefer [name]Hester[/name] to [name]Esther[/name], but I’m not really a fan of either.

[name]Irisa[/name]: I think it looks really pretty written, but in sound, I prefer [name]Iris[/name].

[name]Mamie[/name] as a nn for [name]Marguerite[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name], but [name]Mamie[/name] just reminds me of maiming…

[name]Berenice[/name]: I think it’s a nice alternative for [name]Bernice[/name]

[name]Mimi[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it as a nickname for [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], [name]Emilia[/name], or [name]Milena[/name]

[name]Orsola[/name] (& [name]Ursula[/name]): [name]Orsola[/name] is interesting, but my favorites of the [name]Ursula[/name] names is [name]Ursuline[/name].

[name]Edwin[/name]: There’s something about it I don’t really like…

[name]Phineas[/name]: I love [name]Phineas[/name]!

[name]Cornell[/name]: The first thing I associate it with is the college.

[name]Otto[/name]: There’s a boy named [name]Otto[/name] in my sister’s class… I only think of autos.

[name]Raleigh[/name]: I don’t like it; it sounds like a tryndee girl’s name :frowning:

Rowling: J.K. Rowling!

[name]Zeb[/name]: Maybe as a nickname for [name]Zebedee[/name]/ [name]Zebediah[/name]?

[name]Roscoe[/name]: Sounds a little too much like a dogs’ name for me

[name]Clement[/name]: -ine. I guess in [name]France[/name] it would be fine.

[name]Zimran[/name]: I’ve never heard of this before.

[name]Foster[/name]: One of my favorite books had a character named [name]Foster[/name]…

Here are some others I thought could maybe fit in this category…

Tulia
[name]Flavia[/name]
[name]Parvati[/name]
[name]Anthea[/name]
Elita
[name]Milena[/name]
[name]Oceane[/name]
[name]Ondine[/name]
[name]Crispina[/name]
[name]Isabeau[/name]
Liviana
[name]Hypatia[/name]
[name]Verena[/name]
[name]Calixta[/name]
[name]Melisande[/name]
[name]Maelys[/name]
[name]Lilika[/name]
Zilphia
[name]Cerise[/name]
[name]Zephyrine[/name]
[name]Elvia[/name]
[name]Amaryllis[/name]
[name]Ximena[/name]
[name]Tanaquil[/name]
[name]Corisande[/name]
[name]Pomona[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
Roswitha

[name]Ivo[/name]
[name]Crispin[/name]
[name]Caspar[/name]
[name]Leander[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Matteo[/name]

I keep a whole list full of these kinds of names; could you tell? :wink:

[name]Sheba[/name]- reminds me of shiva rose that yoga lady
[name]Viveca[/name]- i like the viv part prefer vivian
Maximilienne nn [name]Millie[/name]- too complicated
[name]Dolly[/name] as a nn for [name]Dorothea[/name]- as a nn ok but dolly cant sand alone
[name]Lennox[/name]- works as a mn but reminds me of annie lennox
[name]Anastasie[/name] nn [name]Tansy[/name]; good first name super cute nn
[name]Pascale[/name]/[name]Pascaline[/name]; pascal for a boy is ok not for a girl
[name]Lilac[/name]; love
[name]Lilias[/name]; love
[name]Dinah[/name]: im not sure this name is ready to be resurrected
[name]Agatta[/name]; no
Nestora; nestor is a boys name
[name]Elettra[/name]: love
[name]Nereida[/name]: i really dislike this name
[name]Peninah[/name]: ditto
[name]Hester[/name]: i dont like the look or sound of this one
[name]Irisa[/name]: iris is nice but irisa looks made up
[name]Mamie[/name] as a nn for [name]Marguerite[/name]: i like daisy as a nn
[name]Berenice[/name]: Too soon to bring thisone back
[name]Mimi[/name]: works as a nn
[name]Orsola[/name] (& [name]Ursula[/name]): witch in little mermaid

[name]Edwin[/name]: for personal reasons i dont like it
[name]Phineas[/name]: love even though finn is pop
[name]Cornell[/name]: like it it sounds studious
[name]Otto[/name]: ok
[name]Raleigh[/name]: looks a little fem
Rowling: i like this one but prob needs a nn
[name]Zeb[/name]: sorry but i couldnt imagina a smart man named [name]ZEB[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]: ok dont like nn ross
[name]Clement[/name] ok
[name]Zimran[/name]: looks made up
[name]Foster[/name]: like forest more

Ok, this is without reading anyone else’s posts.

[name]Sheba[/name] - Sounds like a made up place in a sci-fi novel to me
[name]Viveca[/name] - Sounds too futuristic
Maximilienne nn [name]Millie[/name] - [name]Love[/name]. Very classy
[name]Dolly[/name] as a nn for [name]Dorothea[/name] - ditto
[name]Lennox[/name] - [name]Annie[/name]? I like it though and I also like [name]Lennon[/name] ([name]John[/name])
[name]Anastasie[/name] nn [name]Tansy[/name] - I prefer [name]Anastasia[/name] nn [name]Ana[/name]
[name]Pascale[/name]/[name]Pascaline[/name] - I like [name]Pascal[/name]… Not sure about these though
[name]Lilac[/name] - Pretty
[name]Lilias[/name] - Sounds confused to me
[name]Dinah[/name] - I really like this!
[name]Agatta[/name] - Prefer [name]Agatha[/name]
Nestora - Not a fan
[name]Elettra[/name] - I like [name]Elektra[/name] or [name]Electra[/name]
[name]Nereida[/name] - [name]Haven[/name]'t made up my mind on this. It’s very unusual
[name]Peninah[/name] - Not a fan
[name]Hester[/name] - ditto [name]Nereida[/name]
[name]Irisa[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Iris[/name] but the ‘a’ at the end looks wrong
[name]Mamie[/name] as a nn for [name]Marguerite[/name] - Very pretty
[name]Berenice[/name] - I have a sister name [name]Bernice[/name] so the extra ‘e’ looks wrong to me
[name]Mimi[/name] - I saw [name]Miami[/name]…
[name]Orsola[/name] (& [name]Ursula[/name]) - Too harsh

[name]Edwin[/name] - Seems kind of nerdy to me. I like [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name] though
[name]Phineas[/name] - Like but I love [name]Finn[/name] more
[name]Cornell[/name] - I see Cornwall as in [name]England[/name]
[name]Otto[/name] - [name]Love[/name]
[name]Raleigh[/name] - Seems trendy to me
Rowling - Prefer as a mn since it’s so direct to J.K It is charming though
[name]Zeb[/name] - To nick-name-y
[name]Roscoe[/name] - This one has me confused
[name]Clement[/name] - I like [name]Clementine[/name] for a girl…
[name]Zimran[/name] - Not a fan
[name]Foster[/name] - as in a foster home or foster child or foster parent?

Hopefully I wasn’t to harsh:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

My mother’s fn is [name]Lilly[/name]- I think she was named after one of her dad’s cousins. He always called her [name]Dolly[/name] as a child though and the nn stuck. She even uses it professionally and she is a supervisor in a hospital and is now 69! It fits her though… I can’t imagine anything else being her name. My mom is a classic beauty (she is still a gorgeous woman at her age) and was beautiful enough as a teenager to have been encouraged to enter the state beauty pageant. Her family didn’t have money for clothing, etc. so it didn’t happen. Too bad, because she probably would have won.

I also know a [name]Mamie[/name] (an older woman) but I don’t know if it is her real name or a nn. I think it would be a cute nn for the name you want to use it with.

I just wanted to point out that [name]Sheba[/name]/[name]Sheeba[/name] is a very very rude word in Korean.
Sorry!
And also I really love [name]Lilac[/name], I’m not brave enough but it’s such a great name!

[name]Sheba[/name]- [name]Queen[/name] of [name]Sheba[/name]?
[name]Viveca[/name]- vivacious? i dont like the sound of it
Maximilienne nn [name]Millie[/name]- too masculine and the Maxes too popular now
[name]Dolly[/name] as a nn for [name]Dorothea[/name]- dislike
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Anastasie[/name] nn [name]Tansy[/name]-dislike
[name]Pascale[/name]/[name]Pascaline[/name]- pascal isnt bad
[name]Lilac[/name]- cute
[name]Lilias[/name]- nice
[name]Dinah[/name]- die- na? wouldnt use it
[name]Agatta[/name]- prefer agatha spelling
Nestora- reminds me of nestlea ice tea ha
[name]Elettra[/name]- electra? carmen sort of tacky assoc. to me
[name]Nereida[/name] ?
[name]Peninah[/name] ?
[name]Hester[/name]- mean to give a child this name i think
[name]Irisa[/name]. prefer [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Mamie[/name] as a nn for [name]Marguerite[/name]- too old fashioned
[name]Berenice[/name]- interesting
[name]Mimi[/name]- cute nn
[name]Orsola[/name] (& [name]Ursula[/name])- yuck

[name]Edwin[/name]- not a fan
[name]Phineas[/name]- cute love phin as nn
[name]Cornell[/name]- corn or bunnion?
[name]Otto[/name]- kinda cool
[name]Raleigh[/name]- raleigh race
Rowling- harry potter writer
[name]Zeb[/name]- ra?
[name]Roscoe[/name]-
[name]Clement[/name]
[name]Zimran[/name]
[name]Foster[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]- one of my favorite people has this name, but i still not sure about this name seems to need bit more pizzazz!