What are your honest thoughts on Troy and Rex?

I have another post started looking for a boy’s name to go with [name]Rex[/name]. My husband is pretty set on [name]Troy[/name] though. I know that this isn’t a hugely loved name by many, but do you think it works? What other names would go with [name]Rex[/name]. We have a whole set of “rules” now which is making this decision very difficult.

1. no surnames
  2. the name cannot end in -an -en or -er
  3. the name cannot being with H (our last name begins with H and ends in -en)
  4. would prefer a one syllable name (like his bro)
  5. I would prefer a name that is not in the top 100 (preferably 200 or lower), my husband doesn’t care about this

Anyone up for the challenge?

[name]Troy[/name] is from the 70’s and the [name]Troy[/name] I knew got ‘[name]Troy[/name] the Boy’.

Can I stretch the rules?

[name]Trent[/name]
[name]Trevin[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name] like this with [name]Rex[/name], not one syllable though
[name]True[/name]
[name]Trey[/name]

Otherwise

[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Brent[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
Aled
[name]Knox[/name]
[name]Pax/name
[name]Dax[/name]
[name]Saxon[/name]
[name]Boyd[/name]
[name]Cruz[/name]
[name]Paul[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] goes well with [name]Rex[/name]

Im 24yrs old so troy sounds fresh to me. When I hear troy I think of brad [name]Pitt[/name] the the movie [name]Troy[/name].

I think that [name]Troy[/name] and [name]Rex[/name] work beautifully together, thanks to [name]Brad[/name] [name]Pitt[/name]'s movie and the freshness and masculinity it brought to the name. [name]Both[/name] names fit together for me in terms of their ancient feel and masculinity.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I personally love the name [name]Troy[/name]. It sounds very powerful to me and very handome. [name]Rex[/name] is not really my style, but i think [name]Troy[/name] and [name]Rex[/name] flow very well together!

Thanks for the responses. I think [name]Rex[/name] and [name]Troy[/name] sound good together, but I’m just not in love with it. Problem is, I’m not in love with any name for this baby. NOTHING strikes me!
I guess I’ll concede to my husband on this one and if a name magically pops into my head by [name]December[/name] that I love I’ll just have to make a decision then.

I keep thinking about the movie [name]Troy[/name] when I hear the name and I definitely associate it with Greek history. [name]Rex[/name] is Latin so I think they work well together. But I have to admit, the only [name]Troy[/name]'s I know of are [name]Troy[/name] Aikman (BD-1966), [name]Troy[/name] Polamalu (football player, BD-1981), and a [name]Troy[/name] from high school (BD- 1978). So yeah, it’s definitely a 60’s -70’s name.

Have you tried nymbler.com for name choices?

I’m not really a fan of [name]Troy[/name]. I don’t know why, that’s just me. I almost really prefer [name]Roy[/name] over [name]Troy[/name] but then [name]Rex[/name] and [name]Roy[/name] will have the “R” theme going on. Not that it’s bad just saying.

I like [name]Rollo[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Trey[/name].

For my own personal use I started making a one syllable boys name list. I’ve only made it to “D”.

[name]How[/name] about -

[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Ace[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Ash[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Burke[/name] or [name]Berk[/name] - I like this set
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Boyd[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Baird[/name] or [name]Bard[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Beau[/name] or [name]Bo[/name] - I really like [name]Rex[/name] and [name]Beau[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Brooks[/name] or just [name]Brook[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Cade[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Cain[/name]/[name]Cane[/name]/[name]Kain[/name]/[name]Kane[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Cale[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Chet[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] and Cid
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Clark[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Cole[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Cort[/name] - I really like this set too.
[name]Rex[/name] and Dade
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Dane[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Dash[/name] - I like
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Del[/name] or [name]Dale[/name] - I like
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Drake[/name] - I like
[name]Rex[/name] and [name]Drew[/name] or [name]Dru[/name]

I really like the name [name]Troy[/name]. Someone else suggested [name]Beau[/name], I think it sounds good with [name]Rex[/name]. I also think [name]Leo[/name] would sound nice. Here are some more one syllable names for ideas.
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Jay[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]
[name]Craig[/name]
[name]Ross[/name]
[name]Kurt[/name]
[name]Brock[/name]
[name]Blaine[/name]
[name]Dane[/name]
[name]Carl[/name]
[name]Heath[/name]
[name]Wayne[/name]