What are your opinions on my long list?

My husband and I are expecting are expecting our very first child, a boy, in three months. We have made this long list and can’t seem to narrow it down. So what are your opinions on our names? [name]Do[/name] you have any suggestions?

[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Jake[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Brennan[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Landon[/name]
[name]Jace[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Tyler[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Michael[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]

[name]Adam[/name] - a solid choice, but it doesn’t blow me away, personally.
[name]Andrew[/name] - a handsome classic.
[name]Christopher[/name] - another solid choice, but again, I don’t find it stunning.
[name]Eli[/name] - nice, but it feels very short to me, like it should be a nn for something else … [name]Elijah[/name] or [name]Elias[/name], perhaps?
[name]Jake[/name] - a great name, but [name]Jacob[/name] is tremendously popular at the moment.
[name]Jack[/name] - this is one of my favourite names; so simple, yet handsome. It is very popular, though.
[name]William[/name] - a great, classic choice, although I’m not sure about the nns [name]Bill[/name] or [name]Liam[/name], personally … Of course, he doesn’t have to have a nn.
[name]Joseph[/name] - a handsome classic, very friendly and accessible. I think [name]Joe[/name] is a sweet nn, too.
[name]Noah[/name] - so handsome, but popular, so if that bothers you then I would stay away from this one.
[name]Nicholas[/name] - nice, but not stunning in my opinion, and it reminds me a lot of the dated [name]Nicola[/name].
[name]Samuel[/name] - like [name]Joseph[/name], this is a very accessible, handsome classic. I love the nn [name]Sam[/name]!
[name]Brennan[/name] - this one is alright, but personally I find it a little bland …
[name]Lincoln[/name] - a lot to live up to, but quite handsome.
[name]Connor[/name] - I love this handsome, unusual yet accessible choice. [name]Conor[/name] is the Latin verb meaning ‘try’ (sorry, I studied Classics at university), and so it always makes me think of a very determined little boy.
[name]Landon[/name] - in theory, I love the handsome, masculine yet gentle sound of this name, but I fear that it would get mixed up with the horribly trendy girls’ name, [name]London[/name].
[name]Jace[/name] - this one feels trendy to me, I am afraid.
[name]Wyatt[/name] - quite nice.
[name]Tyler[/name] - like [name]Taylor[/name], I find this one a little dated.
[name]Spencer[/name] - a little trendy, but [name]Spence[/name] is a sweet nn. This was the name of the only British Prime Minister to have been assassinated, in case you are interested.
[name]Anthony[/name] - I like this one, but what nn would you use? I am not sure about either Ant or [name]Tony[/name] … Of course, you don’t have to use a nn at all.
[name]Cooper[/name] - this is quite trendy at the moment, but I do think that it has a handsome sound, so I quite like it.
[name]Michael[/name] - a solid classic, although again, it does not blow me away.
[name]Dylan[/name] - unfortunately, this one seems to be going to the girls.
[name]Gavin[/name] - and [name]Stacey[/name]. This is probably just a British association, though!

My favourites from your list are [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] (if you don’t mind popularity), and [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Connor[/name] and [name]Samuel[/name]. I also like [name]Cooper[/name], despite it being a little trendy.

[name]Luke[/name] and [name]Lucas[/name] popped to mind as I was reading your list, as did [name]Edward[/name] nn [name]Ed[/name]/[name]Eddie[/name]/[name]Ted[/name], [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]James[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Adam[/name]- a classic choice but some of your other options seem fresher.

[name]Andrew[/name]- beautiful name. I prefer it without a nn but the nns [name]Andy[/name] and [name]Drew[/name] are cute.

[name]Christopher[/name]- It’s nice but again, I feel like a bit of its appeal was worn off over so much use. I also like [name]Christian[/name].

[name]Eli[/name]- I love [name]Eli[/name] as a nn for [name]Elias[/name]. It feels to nicknamey on it’s own. [name]Elijah[/name] is another option.

[name]Jake[/name]- [name]Jake[/name] feels very nicknamey as well and [name]Jacob[/name] is so popular at the moment…

[name]Jack[/name]- such a handsome choice but it’s number one in [name]England[/name] and gaining popularity in [name]America[/name] as well.

[name]William[/name]- I love [name]William[/name]! [name]Liam[/name] is a nice nn is you’re looking for something a bit more new than [name]Will[/name] or [name]Billy[/name].

[name]Joseph[/name]- I love [name]Joseph[/name]!

[name]Noah[/name]- a nice choice but if popularity bothers you, I would advise against it.

[name]Nicholas[/name]- it’s a nice enough name but it feels a bit plain to me: maybe because it is closely linked to the dated [name]Nicole[/name]…

[name]Samuel[/name]- I love the nn [name]Sam[/name]! [name]Samson[/name] is also a nice choice.

[name]Brennan[/name]- I’m generally not a big fan of unisex names and I prefer other names on you list much more.

[name]Lincoln[/name]- The nn [name]Linc[/name] is adorable and [name]Lincoln[/name] is such a handsome name!

[name]Connor[/name]- [name]Connor[/name] is a wonderful name…

[name]Landon[/name]- [name]Landon[/name] feels very trendy to me…

[name]Jace[/name]- This feels very trendy as well. I like the nn [name]Ace[/name] for [name]Angus[/name] though.

[name]Wyatt[/name]- though it’s not my cup of tea personally, I think it’s a nice enough name.

[name]Tyler[/name]- this is very trendy…

[name]Spencer[/name]- It’s not my favorite…

[name]Anthony[/name]- I like [name]Anthony[/name]!

[name]Cooper[/name]- I prefer [name]Connor[/name] over [name]Cooper[/name].

[name]Michael[/name]- It’s handsome but I think some over your other choices are more fresh and surprising.

[name]Dylan[/name]- I’m not a big fan over [name]Dylan[/name].

[name]Gavin[/name]- ditto…

I really like a lot of your names!

[name]Collin[/name]
[name]Howard[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Jett[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] nn [name]Robby[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]/[name]Nathan[/name] nn [name]Nate[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name] nn [name]Tommy[/name]
[name]Murray[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Harry[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Finlay[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Garrett[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I will take ones that I don’t really like, and then comment on the good ones and what they make me think of.

[name]Andrew[/name] - so many nm options love all and the name
[name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]- super cute, popular guy, really like!
[name]Jake[/name]- better than [name]Jack[/name], its cute for a kid and good for an adult
[name]William[/name]
[name]Noah[/name] - this is sweet, for a shy, quiet, and strong boy
[name]Nicholas[/name] - I like the nm nico better than nike
[name]Brennan[/name]- different but sturdy, strong , nice
[name]Lincoln[/name]- nm linc , strong, masculine
[name]Connor[/name]- cute good looking, smart, kind
[name]Wyatt[/name]- cute, fun kind little boy , love this name
[name]Spencer[/name]- cool, quirky guy- like it
[name]Cooper[/name] - cute, nm coop?
[name]Michael[/name] - strong, traditional
[name]Dylan[/name] - playful, fun, excited

You seem to like both classic and Irish/Scottish names. (I do, too!)The ones I like: (Plus I posted suggestions for fn’s and mn’s.)

[name]Adam[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Eli[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Jake[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Jack[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Noah[/name] [name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name] [name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Connor[/name] [name]Michael[/name]
[name]Landon[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name] [name]Michael[/name]

[name]Adam[/name] -[name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name] -ok, don’t like [name]Andy[/name] or [name]Drew[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name] -not a fan, but mostly because I really don’t like [name]Chris[/name] (which is 99% going to be his name)
[name]Eli[/name] -blah
[name]Jake[/name] -prefer [name]Jacob[/name] but sooooo popular
[name]Jack[/name] -soooo popular but I love it
[name]William[/name] -[name]LOVE[/name] w/nn [name]Will[/name], our first choice for a son… hate [name]Liam[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] -[name]Joey[/name] is cute
[name]Noah[/name] -reallyyy popular here in [name]Canada[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name] -don’t like it at all, also really popular
[name]Samuel[/name] -ok
[name]Brennan[/name] -not a fan, I like [name]Brendan[/name] better
[name]Lincoln[/name] -not a fan
[name]Connor[/name] -really love this but popular here too
[name]Landon[/name] -ok, like [name]Linden[/name] better
[name]Jace[/name] -not really masculine enough for me, cool name though
[name]Wyatt[/name] -wouldnt use but love for someone else
[name]Tyler[/name] -a little dated but love, also like [name]Tyson[/name] and [name]Tynan[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name] -love but pratt has popularized it :frowning:
[name]Anthony[/name] -like it but hate [name]Tony[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name] -not on this band wagon at all, my bestfriends favourite name though
[name]Michael[/name]- ok
[name]Dylan[/name] -a little dated
[name]Gavin[/name] -[name]LOVE[/name] but really popular here

I think [name]William[/name] is the best name on your list. It is gorgeous! Classic, handsome and versatile. It’s not so long that he can’t always be [name]William[/name], but also has great nicknames like [name]Will[/name] and [name]Billy[/name].
My second favourite names here are [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name] (I love [name]Christopher[/name] nn [name]Kit[/name]).
I also like [name]Noah[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name] & [name]Elliott[/name], and [name]Andrew[/name] (but only because of nn [name]Andy[/name]).

All the other names here I’m pretty neutral toward, but I really dislike: [name]Jace[/name], [name]Tyler[/name], [name]Connor[/name], [name]Brennan[/name] & [name]Wyatt[/name].

Good luck!

Here are some combos that I put together for you.

[name]Connor[/name] is my favourite name and I love the combos of [name]Jack[/name] [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Connor[/name].

[name]Adam[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name] [name]Adam[/name]
[name]Eli[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Jake[/name] [name]Landon[/name]
[name]Jack[/name] [name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Noah[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Noah[/name] [name]Landon[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Connor[/name] [name]Liam[/name]
[name]Connor[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Connor[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Connor[/name] [name]Spence[/name]
[name]Connor[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Landon[/name] [name]Michael[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Adams[/name]
[name]Anthony[/name] [name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Michael[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Connor[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Adam[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name] [name]Michael[/name]

My fav’s are [name]Lincoln[/name], [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Eli[/name] (but as a nickname for [name]Elijah[/name]).

Thanks everyone!! we took out [name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Gavin[/name] and put in [name]Nathan[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]!

[name]Adam[/name] - Like! Simple, handsome, and strong.
[name]Andrew[/name] - Like! Sophisticated, playful, and classic.
[name]Christopher[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like. Not a [name]Chris[/name] fan at all…
[name]Eli[/name] - [name]Elias[/name], yes. [name]Eli[/name], no. Sounds incomplete…
[name]Jake[/name] - I prefer [name]Jacob[/name], but I like other names more!
[name]Jack[/name] - This is a great classic boy name!
[name]William[/name] - Sturdy and handsome. [name]Will[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] are cute!
[name]Joseph[/name] - More of a middle name for me…
[name]Noah[/name] - Sounds a bit childish in my opinion. I like more strength!
[name]Nicholas[/name] - [name]Nick[/name], [name]Nicky[/name], and [name]Cole[/name] are all nice. Great name!
[name]Samuel[/name] - Eh, don’t love it but don’t hate it…
[name]Brennan[/name] - This looks dated like [name]Brendan[/name]. Not a fan, sorry!
[name]Lincoln[/name] - [name]Link[/name] is sassy and playful, whereas [name]Lincoln[/name] is dressed-up!
[name]Connor[/name] - Sounds a bit trendy at this point, not strong enough…
[name]Landon[/name] - I do like [name]Landon[/name] a great deal!
[name]Jace[/name] - This looks very much incomplete to me. [name]Jacob[/name] nickname?
[name]Wyatt[/name] - Handsome, sturdy, rugged, and modern. Great!
[name]Tyler[/name] - Dated. [name]Don[/name]'t care for this, sorry!
[name]Spencer[/name] - My female cousin is [name]Spenser[/name]. Not strong enough…
[name]Anthony[/name] - This is a fine middle name, but don’t love up front…
[name]Cooper[/name] - This is my doggy!
[name]Michael[/name] - Not a huge fan, I prefer [name]Matthew[/name]…
[name]Elliott[/name] - [name]Elliott[/name], for me, is a bit geeky, but overall nice…
[name]Nathan[/name] - Prefer [name]Nathaniel[/name], as [name]Nathan[/name] is heading into trendy.

Overall, you have a great list of names!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Anthany/[name]Cooper[/name]!!!
I really really adore these names there smart yet laid back at the same time.
good luck!!~and have fun…