WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS NAME?

I’ve recently come across the name [name]Milan[/name] for a boy (nn [name]Milo[/name]). What are your thoughts on this name? [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Milan[/name] sounds feminine?

Thank you!

It’s definitely feminine to me, sorry, but that could be coloured by the fact I knew a girl called [name]Milan[/name], who went by [name]Mila[/name] (mee-lah) for short.

[name]Milo[/name] is lovely though! You could get to that nickname through the boys name [name]Miles[/name]?

If I saw a [name]Milan[/name], I honestly wouldn’t know if it was a boy or girl. I don’t think it leans either way, personally. Probably like pp said, based on if you already know one of a certain gender. I much prefer [name]Milo[/name] on its own or as a nn for [name]Miles[/name]. It doesn’t seem to work as well as a nn for [name]Milan[/name] because the beginning sounds are different. MI-lo and ME-lahn

It’s very male to me. [name]Milan[/name] is a boy’s name with many origins but it comes from a Slavic word. I first heard of it because Hungarian actress [name]Zita[/name] G”r”g named her son [name]Mil[/name]”n. I think it’s a great old world name choice!

I think [name]Milan[/name] is just uncommon enough that it works for boy or girl, as few people would have previous male/female connections with the name. I feel like it’s an exotic twist on the trend of names with 2 syllables ending in ‘an’. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Milo[/name]

I personally [name]LOVE[/name] IT. I was 100% sold on it for our baby #2, but my husband (who is Croatian to boot) veto’s it!!! Apparently, he says its a very common name in the former Yugoslavia and he wants something a bit less worn. Can you believe it?!

If he would have said yes, then I would have JUMPED on it.

Go for it!!! It’s a great name :slight_smile:

[name]Milan[/name] does have a nice ring to it. [name]Milo[/name] is super cool.

I love [name]Milo[/name], and it is a much stronger name than [name]Milan[/name], but I tend to equate [name]Milan[/name] to femininity, a la [name]London[/name], [name]Paris[/name], [name]Milan[/name] = fashion world.

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Milo[/name], but if I saw [name]Milan[/name] I would think it’s a girl. Sorry, just my honest opinion! I would just go with [name]Milo[/name] if I were you!