What are your thoughts on changing Elodie to Ellodie?

I live in Australia and everyone I have ever told my name to has never heard the name before and I don’t believe the spelling of my name is unclassy or wrong theres lots of different spellings for different names its really what you prefer.

I’m American and I say [name]Elodie[/name] as [name]Melody[/name] without the M.

Please go with [name]Elodie[/name] - Ellodie looks made-up.

Ditto everyone. One “l” please. EE-lo-die is not an intuitive pronunciation of this name.

two l’s runs the name for me. I love [name]Elodie[/name] though. nice choice

As a mom of a 1 month old [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], I am running into the mispronounciation more than I expected. To the point I googled if I should change the spelling of her name and ended up on this post. I don’t like the double L spelling but I also don’t like people calling her Ee-low-dee. Hopefully it’s something that happens less and less as she gets older?

I prefer the one L and pronounce it intuitively EL-o-dee. But I have an obsession with Hebrew and languages in general so I don’t know that my opinion would be the norm. But people will learn quickly enough and general first are introduced to someone vocally before seeing a name written down, unless it’s a Doctors visit or something like that.