What are your thoughts on Dixie?

I think the name is too fraught with cultural baggage and negative associations, unfortunately.

1 Like

When you look up [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] on Wikipedia, the album cover for the song is 4 men in blackface. I think that says more than I ever could about the name.

8 Likes

What?!? I didn’t even know that was a thing! That is wrong on so many levels!

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree with you, [name_f]Veronica[/name_f].

1 Like

I also first though if [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] D’amelio

1 Like

it’s rather sweet sounding, so I can see the appeal, but it’s definitely one that comes with heavy, negative connotations that are offensive to some (well, most?). It makes me think of confederate flags, and a few other bad stereotypes, so yeah, I wouldn’t use it personally. :grimacing:

Pixie however, I love :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I think it’s a cute name, and I actually like the country aspect of it, but the fact that I think she’d get called “[name_m]Dick[/name_m]” as a nickname (either just harmlessly, or as bullying) really puts me off of it.

2 Likes

That’s horrible. Now I understand why the [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] Chicks changed their name. :pensive:
BLM :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

I know someone with a little girl named [name_f]Dixie[/name_f]. She’s the cutest little thing and not country at all.

1 Like

Dixie D’Amelio is a tik tok celebrity :joy:

Like all honesty I have loved [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] since I was little and first saw it in the context of [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] cups. However I have just been turned off of it recently because of [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] Damelio

1 Like

Without knowing the negative connotations, [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] as a name sounds super cute, but obviously everyone (including myself) would automatically think of the negative connotations, which I imagine would haunt anyone named [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] forever.

1 Like