What are your thoughts on Marius?

Before finding out the baby’s sex we thought it would be appropriate to name a daughter after my husband’s mother, [name]Marianne[/name]. We’re having a boy though, so we thought we could use [name]Marius[/name] instead.

I really like the name but it hasn’t received a very warm welcome by relatives and friends. I wanted to know what other baby-namers think.

Big brothers are [name]Kenneth[/name], [name]Lewis[/name], [name]Edmund[/name], [name]Derek[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]. Big sister is [name]Adrienne[/name].

I think I like [name]Mario[/name] a bit better but [name]Marius[/name] is nice. I wonder if it might be a little too close to [name]Lewis[/name] though? What are you thinking of for middle names?

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Marius[/name]! It is somewhat more unusual than your other choices, but if you can handle that, I think it’s pretty awesome.

[name]Marius[/name] is my husband’s all time favorite name, and for nearly ten years I’ve been trying to get myself to like it for a potential son of ours, but with no luck. Nevertheless, although I can’t yet use it for a son of mine, I really like the idea of someone else using it. (That seems strange as I type it, but I don’t know how else to say it.) If you and your husband agree on it, I think it’s a bold and unique choice, with a strong tradition behind it. (And if he ever reads [name]Victor[/name] [name]Hugo[/name]'s [name]Les[/name] Miserables, it’ll be very nice for him to feel that he shares a name with such a great character.)

I adore [name]Marius[/name]! I wanted to name a son [name]Marius[/name] after my mother in law, but he didn’t want to use it. Bummer!

Very cute choice!

[name]Marius[/name] is SO COOL, and looks great next to [name]Adrienne[/name] and siblings! :slight_smile: Wow…this would seriously make a distinctive, sophisticated, and yet still somehow modern choice. I hope you roll with it; the thing about families is that they magically forget why they hated a name so much when it’s attached to someone they love. (I should know, I’m related to a [name]Nevaeh[/name].)

I think it’s a lovely name, and works well with your other children!
Good luck to you!

I love [name]Marius[/name]! Not only is he my favorite character in ‘The Vampire Chronicles’ but the adorable [name]Hans[/name] [name]Matheson[/name] plays [name]Marius[/name] in ‘[name]Les[/name] Miserables’!

[name]Don[/name]'t often see this one mentioned. An -ius name that doesn’t feel like too much. Yes, it’s way more unusual in English-speaking countries than the rest, but I’ve never been one for that sort of matching. Good choice.