what are your thoughts on name alliteration?

[name]Hi[/name] berries, I’m back asking for yet more advice! 3 weeks till due date and still no definitive name for either sex!
I’m currently mulling over [name]Cora[/name]/[name]Coral[/name]/[name]Coralie[/name]- my preference is [name]Coralie[/name] but our surname is [name]Carter[/name], I actually like the alliteration of [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Carter[/name] but my mil immediately dismissed it as being ridiculous! I don’t really put much weight behind her opinion ( neither does my husband!) But I just wondered if anyone else agreed with her?!
[name]General[/name] opinion of the names also appreciated!
Other children are [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Jude[/name] and iris
Thank you! Xx

I think [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Carter[/name] sounds fine. I’m loving your other children’s names!!

Whichever variation [name]Cora[/name]/[name]Coral[/name]/[name]Coralie[/name] you decide to use they are all lovely.

I think alliteration can sound nice. my dd first and middle have alliteration and it works. I also think [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Carter[/name] sounds nice and [name]Coralie[/name] is pretty.

I like alliteration but I have two rules: different number of syllables and not beginning AND ending with the same letter. My test is basically [name]Peter[/name] [name]Parker[/name]. To me, this is not a good flow and it ends up sounding like the comic book character he is. [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Carter[/name], on the other hand, sounds lovely! ([name]Even[/name] [name]Cora[/name] [name]Carter[/name] isn’t as nice imo because they both have 2 syllables). I think [name]Coralie[/name] fits nicely with [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] too

I like alliteration and I think [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Carter[/name] sounds great! I definitely prefer [name]Coralie[/name] to the shorter options of [name]Cora[/name] or [name]Coral[/name]. [name]Cora[/name] [name]Carter[/name] or [name]Coral[/name] [name]Carter[/name] is a little too run on for my taste, but [name]Coralie[/name] sounds so sweet. I love your other children’s names also!

Thanks everyone, so far thumbs up for [name]Coralie[/name] then :slight_smile:
I agree, I think different number of syllables is the key!

I like [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Carter[/name]. I dont like [name]Cora[/name] or [name]Coral[/name] with [name]Carter[/name]. [name]Coraline[/name] [name]Carter[/name] would be nice as well.

I love it!

These were my thoughts as well. It’s fine with [name]Coralie[/name] but not [name]Cora[/name] or [name]Coral[/name]. [name]Coral[/name] [name]Carter[/name] really sounds like a cartoon mermaid.

I like Alliteration. [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Jones[/name] for example, not obvious.

I agree that you need to have names with different syllables. [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Carter[/name] is lovely.

My favorite girl’s name right now is [name]Matilda[/name] Maryelizabeth. :slight_smile:

My name breaks both these rules ([name]Kaitlin[/name] “[name]Keaton[/name]” for sake of argument) and I love it! I’ve always gotten many compliments on my name, too. So it can work.

That said, I do agree that [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Carter[/name] is my favorite of the three. I personally really like alliterative names. The only one so far that I’ve disliked is my cousin’s daughter’s name, which is Kor@ Kuber@ and sounds like “Kookaburra” when you say it fast.

[name]Coralie[/name] [name]Carter[/name] works fine, it’s the amount of syllables that make it sound so nice. [name]Cora[/name]/[name]Coral[/name] don’t work as nicely with your last name.

[name]Coralie[/name] [name]Carter[/name] is gorgeous :slight_smile:

I like [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Carter[/name] too! But if people called her [name]Cora[/name] anyway, I don’t like [name]Cora[/name] [name]Carter[/name] so much (I like [name]Cora[/name] on it’s own, but not with [name]Carter[/name]) :slight_smile:

It’s a great combo. I really like alliteration when its done right. By that I mean, it flows nicely, more than anything. I think [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Carter[/name] has great flow.

I like alliteration if it’s done correctly. [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Carter[/name] sounds fine!

I think [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Carter[/name] sounds great, ignore [name]MIL[/name] it’s beautiful and the alliteration sounds really fresh.

[name]Coralie[/name] is wonderful, so I hate to be a naysayer.
The alliteration is [name]Cor[/name] and Car, not just C and C. [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Carter[/name], Corithia Carther, [name]Corisande[/name] [name]Carter[/name] - all just a hair too alliterated I think.
Something slightly less alliterated, like [name]Claudia[/name] [name]Carter[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Carter[/name] sounds stronger to me.
[name]Coralie[/name] [name]Carter[/name] is really sweet for a little girl, but not the most serious name imo.

My maiden name was an alliteration and I kind of miss it! I think it makes a name pop, alliteration names are memorable.

My parents were actually worried it would sound funny, but decided that it worked out well enough for [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Kennedy[/name], so why not.

I personally dislike it - our surname begins with J and whenever I try pairing it with a J first name, it sounds silly to my ears - however, I doubt I’d even notice if someone else had both names beginning with the same letter.