What are your thoughts on these 3 names (due in 6 weeks!)

These are my 3 final choices for boys names. I know they’re not everyones style but I love them. I also can’t decide on one.

[name]Oliver[/name]- I love this name. It’s very popular in the UK but not as much where I live (in [name]Canada[/name]) so it’s not overly trendy here. I think it’s stylish and classic at the same time however I’m not fond of the nn Oli and f I find this name somewhat preppy.

[name]William[/name]- Also love this name but it’s trendy, classic and popular all at once! I’m not sure what to think about this name. It’s so nice though…

[name]Judah[/name] ([name]Jude[/name])- I adore this name because I know it’s not ultra popular and it has such a great nn- [name]Jude[/name]. I’m just not sure what to think about this name though. My family doesn’t love it like I do…that’s the other issue.

What do you think of these and other names might I like based on the ones I’ve picked out?

Thanks so much guys!

Thanks so much!

I LOOOVE [name]Oliver[/name]. I guess you can’t really go wrong with [name]William[/name] as it is a classic, but I do feel like it is one of the more popular classics. I know lots of little boy [name]Wills[/name]. Not so fond of [name]Judah[/name]. It sounds kind of…made up? nicknamey?..something’s just off to me. Much prefer plain [name]Jude[/name].

I like [name]Oliver[/name] the most of your choices. Some other possibilities based on your names…
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Leif[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Theo[/name]?)
[name]Jericho[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Lucien[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Emmanuel[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]

…good luck!

I think you can’t go wrong with any of those names. My personal preference is [name]Oliver[/name], but I would love to meet a little boy with any of those names. I think you have great taste! :slight_smile:

[name]Oliver[/name] - I love [name]Oliver[/name] so much!

[name]William[/name] - [name]William[/name] is one of my favorite names for boys. I don’t mind that it’s so popular. Of course lots of people love it because it’s so amazing!

[name]Judah[/name] ([name]Jude[/name]) - [name]Jude[/name] is a handsome name, but I would never choose it for my own son. I would love it on someone else’s son.

What do you think of these and other names might I like based on the ones I’ve picked out?

[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] - the best name ever!
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]

Of your top 3, my personal favourite is [name]William[/name]. I love it because it was my grandfather’s name, but also because it’s classic but fresh and has some great updated nicknames (my grandpa was [name]Bill[/name], which is too old for me).

Having said that, my only gripe with [name]Oliver[/name] is that I am in the UK and it’s so trendy, alongside [name]Olivia[/name]. If I were somewhere else, I would seriously consider it, because it’s a lovely, warm name. I do think you’ll get stuck with Oli though. (I like it myself.)

[name]Judah[/name] I like, but compared to [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]William[/name] it’s definitely third place for me.

I am sick and tired of hearing [name]Oliver[/name] it seems to be as popular as all the ‘aden’ names. It has lost its appeal for me.

I think [name]William[/name] is the best choice.

I’m not sure where you are but [name]William[/name] is [name]WAY[/name] more common than [name]Oliver[/name]. I’m in Calgary, [name]AB[/name]. [name]Canada[/name]. You’re right about it being on the rise though. Thanks for your opinion.

Luckily I live in [name]Canada[/name] and for some reason [name]Oliver[/name] doesn’t even rank in the top 25 so it seems safe for now :slight_smile: I love [name]William[/name] but I feel that it’s too plain or something. Maybe I can use a unique and stylish nickname to compliment the classical feel of [name]William[/name]?

Actually it doesn’t even rank in the top 100…

[/quote]

valeries wrote: “I love [name]William[/name] but I feel that it’s too plain or something. Maybe I can use a unique and stylish nickname to compliment the classical feel of [name]William[/name]?”

What about [name]Wiley[/name], Wils, or [name]Wilkes[/name] instead of the usual suspects [name]Bill[/name] and [name]Will[/name]? I also adore [name]Oliver[/name], though it is quite popular, and [name]Judah[/name]/[name]Jude[/name] is great as well.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Valerie[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Oliver[/name]: One of my all-time favorites! It’s #118 in the U.S., and to me, it’s nothing like [name]Aiden[/name] or any of the trendy names. I only know of two Olivers, and I’d use the name in a heartbeat. I think it’s handsome and classic, and for what it’s worth, the Olivers I know are called [name]Oliver[/name], never [name]Ollie[/name].

[name]William[/name]: I love the classic [name]William[/name], too. Like [name]Elizabeth[/name], I view [name]William[/name] as a timeless name that although popular, isn’t trendy. I think it’s handsome, and I love a lot of the nicknames.

[name]Judah[/name]: I know of one [name]Judah[/name], and while I do think it’s handsome, I love [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]William[/name] more. I love [name]Jude[/name] more than I do [name]Judah[/name], and like [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Jude[/name], [name]William[/name] [name]Jude[/name], [name]Jude[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], and [name]Jude[/name] [name]William[/name].

Names you may like (sorry for repeats):

[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]