What are your thoughts on...

The following names:

[name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]

Each was brought to my attention today and each felt like it clicked with me, I would just like some other thoughts on them? I still really like [name]Peter[/name], [name]Eric[/name] and [name]Charles[/name], I just like these as well. What do you Berries think?

I think [name]Conrad[/name] would go very well with your girls names. It sounds very British to my ear and so do many of your girl choices.

For me, [name]Raphael[/name] makes me think of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It also sounds very Italian to me and, since neither my husband nor I have any Italian roots, I wouldn’t use it.

[name]Benedict[/name] makes me think of the current pope.

I hope those comments don’t ruin names you love, but those are the associations I have with them.

I have a friend who named her little boy [name]Conrad[/name]. I just love it. He is the most adorable child and it fits him perfectly. I love all of her choices…[name]Simon[/name], [name]Ian[/name], and [name]Conrad[/name]. I think [name]Conrad[/name] goes wonderfully with your girls names on the other thread! :slight_smile:

Nope your comments are honest and exactly what I was looking for.
I didn’t even see the connection with [name]Raphael[/name] (possibly Michangelo and [name]Donatello[/name]. Since [name]Leonardo[/name] could get past maybe [name]Raphael[/name] could too?)
I am not Catholic so I didn’t even know the new popes name. lol.

We must have similar taste, because [name]Peter[/name], [name]Eric[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] are among my favorite boys names!

I like the 3 listed, too. Here are my first thoughts:

[name]Raphael[/name]: I don’t think of the ninja turtle, I think of a man with a mustache working at a pizza shop. Weird, I know, it is just my first impression. I think it is a cute name, don’t care for [name]Raffy[/name] as a nn, but I like [name]Rafe[/name] a lot.

[name]Benedict[/name]: I like the name a lot, but there is something keeping me from loving it. I don’t think of the pope, but I do think of eggs benedict, lol. It also reminds me a little of the trendy [name]Bennett[/name], [name]Beckett[/name], [name]Bentley[/name] names right now, which I don’t like.

[name]Conrad[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name] this! I know a little boy named [name]Conrad[/name] – it is such a great name for all stages of life. It is sweet and fun (with a hint of mischieviousness!) as a baby/toddler/boy, and strong and wholesome as an adult. It sounds weird, but I feel that if I met a [name]Conrad[/name], I could trust him and feel he would be a great friend ([name]Conrad[/name] just sounds like a guy that you give you the shirt off his back and be a shoulder to cry on). I also picture a [name]Conrad[/name] to be well respected, and be a great husband and father. Obviously I have nothing but good thoughts about this name. The bonus is that it isn’t trendy, isn’t popular, yet isn’t “out there” at all. It is familiar and easy to spell/pronounce/say. I love this name! I might have to put it on the top of your short list. I think this name has a little more spunk,edge,‘wow’ factor,energy etc than [name]Eric[/name], [name]Peter[/name] or [name]Charles[/name]. Those names are a little bland in comparison (but still great names! Like I said, all 3 are definitely in my top 10 list of favorite boys names!) You can’t go wrong with any of them. It just depends on what you are looking for. I prefer my children’s names to be familiar but still have a little more uniqueness and personality to them. While I [name]LOVE[/name] a lot of classic names ([name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Peter[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]Eric[/name], [name]Mark[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Mary[/name] etc), when it comes down to choosing a name for my child, I find them to be “too safe” and common for my tastes :wink:

[name]Raphael[/name] - I like this name. My association comes from the wonderful Renaissance artist [name]Raphael[/name]. This would be a wonderful name for an artistic and creative child.
[name]Benedict[/name] - Another classic gem of a name with a great nn of [name]Ben[/name]. A name of a long history of saints and popes. I like [name]Benjamin[/name] too but it’s a little too popular. A boy with this name would be fun and spunky with a lot of spirit.
[name]Conrad[/name] - I suggested this strong name to you because I liked the way it looked with [name]Isolde[/name], [name]Rowena[/name], [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name]. I know your husband has name issues but [name]Eric[/name], [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] just seemed a tad “safe” compared to your girls chosen names. A boy named [name]Conrad[/name] sounds like he would be an intelligent and trustworthy leader on the playground.

[name]Raphael[/name]: I like this okay. Sounds very Italian to me (and I admit, a bit Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtes)
[name]Benedict[/name]: Sorry, NMS. Reminds me of [name]Benedict[/name] [name]Arnold[/name] (maybe that’s just because I’m a teen berry and my evil history teacher is making me write a paper on him?) Pope [name]Benedict[/name], and eggs.
[name]Conrad[/name]: This just sounds like a cool-guy name. :slight_smile: I like it alot. [name]Conrad[/name] [name]Birdie[/name] (from the musical Bye Bye [name]Birdie[/name]) comes to mind.
Oh, and BTW, I love [name]Peter[/name] and like [name]Eric[/name] and [name]Charles[/name]!

It seems that [name]Conrad[/name] is the clear favorite (and our favorite as well!)
We love that the name isn’t heard all that often, but is recognizable, easily spelled and pronounced. I like that it hasn’t been in the top 100 in 100 years! :slight_smile:
I really like [name]Raphael[/name] because it reminds me of [name]Gabriel[/name] but stronger and has the awesome nick name [name]Rafe[/name] which I love! My husband like this name but isn’t in love with it.
I like [name]Benedict[/name] because it seems like a strong name, but I love [name]Peter[/name], [name]Eric[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]Conrad[/name] and [name]Raphael[/name] better.

I think my top four would have to be:
[name]Peter[/name] Halen
[name]Eric[/name] Sorensen
[name]Conrad[/name] ?
[name]Raphael[/name] ?

I know [name]Eric[/name] isn’t getting much love, but it feels very strong yet friendly to us. It has a very long history and isn’t heard too often around here (Illinois).

[name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]

Of these choices I think [name]Conrad[/name] is the one that goes with your other favourite boy’s names the best. As you have a Scandinavian connection I think [name]Conrad[/name] is in with a chance, however, I feel that he would be better in the middle name spot.

Combo

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Conrad[/name]