What’d you call your kids before they were born?

We used [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] for my god daughter, and bubbles and pop for my friend’s twins, I’ll probably use [name_m]Bean[/name_m] or [name_m]Bear[/name_m] for mine, they have special meaning to me and I’ve always referred to my future child as my little bean or my baby bear.

My sister - and, I suppose, I - were called Nugget and Piggy/Piggy Wiggy.

I am currently 31 +2 with our first (a boy) and we are calling him Peppercorn at the moment, because when we found out I was pregnant, he was approximately the size of a Peppercorn. So, the nickname just stuck.

I haven’t had any children yet, but a friend called me up to relate that he’d read that an old southern expression for pregnancy is being “with squirrel.” He knew I’d get a kick out of it. If I ever get pregnant I am so calling the baby “squirrel” while it’s in utero.

Jelly [name_m]Bean[/name_m] or sometimes [name_u]Puck[/name_u]

We called ours Peanut and [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Girl.

Not pregnant yet, but we call ours by the names we have chosen.

Mine were named after types of bun.
DD1 - [name_f]Honey[/name_f] bun
DD2 - [name_u]Penny[/name_u] bun
DD3 - [name_f]Saffron[/name_f]

We called ours Blaster, because he started as a blastocyst. Before it was confirmed he was a boy, and we thought for sure it would be a girl, we called her [name_m]Ace[/name_m], which would have likely become her middle name.

[name_f]Lil[/name_f]’ bean. :slight_smile: Probably not the most original, but that was the first thing that came out of SO’s mouth when I had an ultrasound at 7w3d.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] thought I’d update with what we’ve been calling baby #2

So far, we’ve been mostly referring to the baby as either Roo or Babyroo or just baby. We’re going to find out the sex early this time though, so hopefully we’ll get to be using their actual name pretty soon (I think in like 3-4 weeks)! If it’s a boy it’s far more likely we’ll continue with Roo for a while since we don’t have a for sure name.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] thought I’d update with what we’ve been calling baby #2

So far, we’ve been mostly referring to the baby as either Roo or Babyroo or just baby. We’re going to find out the sex early this time though, so hopefully we’ll get to be using their actual name pretty soon (I think in like 3-4 weeks)! If it’s a boy it’s far more likely we’ll continue with Roo for a while since we don’t have a for sure name.

EDIT: Got the dates mixed up for the gender testing - thought it took longer to get the results back then it does, so we were actually able to find out before then and we’re having … another GIRL!!

Exciting about finding out the sex, Annajames!

We called ours Paddles, because before our first (dating) scan a colleague/friend commented to me how exciting it would be to see baby’s little hands and feet and I pointed out that it was way too early for that, and that at that stage baby would still have a tail and paddles for hands.

Stuck so long she still gets called that from time to time, and she’s approaching 1!

Yes, very! I’m so happy we’re able to do that this time around! I remember feeling so much more connected once I knew what I was having.

Paddles!! [name_m]How[/name_m] cute! I definitely still call [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Bean[/name_m], so these pregnancy nicknames stick for us too.

Beastling

Guess I knew he’d be an adorable little babymonster

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the nickname Roo <3 I kinda wanted to name this baby Rupert and call him Roo but…maybe next time lol

We’re quite boring. We just call him Baby or The Baby, though we did call him Bean for a bit. We are keeping his name a secret from family and friends, so don’t want to get in the habit of referring to him by name a whole lot yet, to avoid slip-ups. It’s worked so far.

I don’t remember if I had any cutesy nicknames for [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], but with my son, we knew he’s going to be an [name_m]Endymion[/name_m], so we mostly called him by his name. My youngest was almost exclusively [name_f]Bambi[/name_f], though.

We called 1st dd “Krang” until we found out she was a girl, then we called her [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] in private but just “the baby” with family and friends as we didn’t share her name until she was born. With the 2nd pregnancy we started out calling it “Krang 2: Electric Bugaloo” but discovered we were having twins pretty early, so that fell off. Genetic screening revealed they were both girls around 13-14w so from then on we called them [name_f]Eglantine[/name_f] “Eggy” and Ermantrude “[name_f]Trudy[/name_f]” as my family gave me such grief about naming my first [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] I wanted something they would find even less appealing but still plausible so when we told their real names maybe they would be too relieved to criticize :smiley:

This is awesome! And hilarious. Good on you!
Did it work, were they relieved? Your girls have such stunning names, seriously gorgeous. But I guess people always have their opinions.

We were a bit boring with our first, [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], and only really called him the baby until we landed on his name. However, our daughter [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] was called [name_u]Peanut[/name_u] and we were never able to fully dropped it… It’s gotten to the point that even some of the teachers at her daycare call her [name_u]Peanut[/name_u], too, because that’s how she refers to herself half the time! Now, we’re expecting twins, but before we knew there was two, [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] took to calling the baby “Bitty”, after the Bitty [name_u]Baby[/name_u] dolls. Now that we know there’s two, we’ve taken to calling baby A Bitty and baby b [name_u]Bean[/name_u].