What do we think of Cat/Kat?

As a nickname for [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name], of course. I have always loved [name]Katie[/name] and [name]Kate[/name], but it’s just too normal for me to use (also too similar to my niece’s name). [name]Kitty[/name] is what would really be my style, but that’s what my mom goes by. I don’t think I’m too keen on the idea of my mom and my daughter going by the same thing… It could be really cute, but I’m just not sold on that. [name]Kiki[/name] is what my uncles called my mom when she was a baby, I think it’s cute but I don’t love it. [name]Kathy[/name] is definitely a no. I keep coming back to [name]Kat[/name] or [name]Cat[/name]. I have only known one [name]Kat[/name], and she was really awesome, the exact type of person I can see my kid being like. Oh… I did know another [name]Cat[/name], she was friends with my neighbor [name]Bunny[/name] (seriously!), she was kinda weird, but nice. The only other one I can think of is from 10 things I hate about you, which is one of my favorite movies (I know, I’m a dork), and I think she’s a really great character. So, I like [name]Kat[/name]/[name]Cat[/name]. But I know I would call her Catty, which does have a certain appeal but reminds me of catty, mean girls.

To sum that up! [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Cat[/name]/[name]Kat[/name]? Which spelling do you prefer? Can you think of an ee ending nickname for [name]Katherine[/name] that isn’t [name]Kathy[/name], [name]Katie[/name] or [name]Kitty[/name]?

I like [name]Cat[/name]. I’ve actually had two really negative experiences with [name]Cat[/name]'s that I’ve met (one [name]Catherine[/name] one [name]Catrin[/name]) so I probably shouldn’t like it but I still do and want to use [name]Catrin[/name] as a middle name for a child one day!

I love [name]Kitty[/name] but I prefer [name]Kit[/name] even more :slight_smile: Would [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Kitty[/name] be different enough for you?

My Great grandmother was [name]Catherine[/name] nn [name]Kate[/name] and her eldest daughter was [name]Catherine[/name] nn [name]Kitty[/name], then her eldest daughter (my mum’s cousin) was [name]Cathleen[/name] nn Cath!

I can’t really think of any more nn’s - maybe [name]Carrie[/name]? [name]Callie[/name]? Reeny? Would Kibby or Cibi or something work? You know how some people use [name]Tibby[/name] for [name]Tabitha[/name] or [name]Libby[/name] for [name]Elizabeth[/name]? I’m not good at making nn’s up! Lol.

Oh I do love [name]Callie[/name]! It’s my cousins name though and it sounds a little too close to my niece’s name ([name]Kaelyn[/name]) for my comfort, unfortunately! I love [name]Cassie[/name] even more, and it actually sounds a lot like [name]Kathy[/name], doesn’t it? Maybe she could be [name]Cat[/name]/[name]Cassie[/name]? That seems natural enough for me (not like [name]Eliza[/name]/[name]Betsey[/name], lol!). [name]Cassie[/name] [name]Cat[/name] is pretty cute, I think! I also like [name]Kit[/name] [name]Cat[/name].

I do like [name]Kit[/name], and it has the bonus of being a nn for my husbands name, [name]Christopher[/name]. But I know I would end up calling her [name]Kitty[/name], and think that is too close for me.