What do you assume about the previous poster based on their name choices?

I’m always interested to hear what people might assume based on names, so here’s a thread for that. here and example:

Poster 1:
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Finch[/name_u], [name_f]Bridgette[/name_f] [name_u]Sky[/name_u]

Poster 2:
I assume you live in [name_u]America[/name_u] and that you enjoy being outside. I think maybe your kids are named after relatives. I assume you also have a pretty traditional name. And I think you probably enjoy reading a lot

First names: [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

Poster 3:
I assume you take naming very seriously, and wanted to give your kids serious names with a lot of imagery and meaning. I assume you might be into the cottage core aesthetic, or dark academia. I assume you maybe like [name_u]Harry[/name_u] potter. I think maybe you’re from a european country, living somewhere english is spoken

[name_m]Redwood[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]

Hopefully that all makes sense!

5 Likes

What do you assume based on:

First names: [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_u]Calloway[/name_u], [name_m]Crispin[/name_m]

1 Like

I assume that you put a lot of weight on having a unique name for your child(ren). I assume literature and history are important to you. You care about your children having a serious name that grows with them as they age.

[name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Liv[/name_f]

1 Like

I’d assume that you wanted something that’s easy to spell and pronounce and feels familiar, maybe you have a complicated name, but that still is unique enough to not show up twice in every class, event,… the child would attend.

I’d also think that you are living in a hip area and that your kids are involved in many creative after-school activities.

——

[name_f]Lola[/name_f] & [name_m]Teo[/name_m]

1 Like

I would assume you have some spanish or latin american heritage, or maybe your partner does. I would assume you done like it when people have long names and go by a nickname so you just went staight for the nickname. I would assume you’re fun loving and a like to play with your kids a lot

[name_u]Basil[/name_u] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u], and [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] “Penn” [name_u]Sinclaire[/name_u]

1 Like

I assume you like nature but also more unique names rather than ‘typical’ nature names. I would also assume you like your combos to be gender neutral or value gender neutrality.

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]

2 Likes

I assume that you are Australian or Western European; you are beachy, feminine, and optimistic; looking for names that have sunny and fun vibes. I think you’d want your children to be involved in a lot of sporty and outdoorsy activities, and live in a coastal boho house.

Coastal boho

[name_f]Evaluna[/name_f], [name_u]Briar[/name_u], and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]

3 Likes

I would assume that you are chic and classy or like to project that image in your names. I would also assume that you are friendly and approachable, and live in the city.

also @eileithyia not sure how much of that you actually know but your description was scarily accurate!

[name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Talia[/name_f]

1 Like

I’d think you’d want something that works in multiple languages, that you were fun and sweet and give your daughters names that felt very sunny and sweet and could grow with them. I imagine you liking to be outside doing fun little activities like riding bikes or swimming with them. I also feel like you’d have a pet, maybe a dog to go with you if you were to go hiking or something similar
~
Osiris, Kahlo, Zephiro & Amparo?

3 Likes

a lover of folklores and mythologies. has an appreciation for the arts. seeks warmth and comfort instinctively. maybe with spanish/german ancestry. dark academia. unafraid to make a statement through (maybe not speech but) personal preferences in clothes and makeup. loves individuality. thoughtful personality.
if i can give you an aesthetic it would be: dark woods, glamorous witches, bonfires, dancing, glowing lanterns, herbs and tarot cards.

euphemia (euphi), hildegarde (hilda), raphael (rafa), casimir (caz)

2 Likes

Dark academia aesthetic, you’re a provocateur, fiercely intelligent and creative with a beguiling self-assuredness. You adore studying classics and you’re drawn toward names with religious, military, and political significance from these sundered empires. Never afraid to resurrect names most might consider long dead due to controversy or outdatedness, you’re remarkably immune to social pressures. You wear witchy clothes, elaborate eye makeup, and you’re naturally talented in the sciences and arts. In fact, you’ve always been bright. Your favorite animal is the bat, which appears frequently throughout your stylings.

Julia, Anna, Eva, Charlotte, Rose, Violet, James, and Alexander (Alec)

2 Likes

I would not assume anything about where you’re from because your kids names feel super classic and you could be from the States but also the UK, Australia, [name_u]South[/name_u] [name_f]Africa[/name_f], etc…
however, I would assume that the classic, timeless vibe is one of the reasons you chose the names.
I’d assume you’re not bothered by your kids being one of many with their name and that, to you, uniqueness is found elsewhere, in the personality, and that you’re children will be very aware of that.
You kids are probably attending many different hobbies, are doing sport and play an instrument, ride their bikes, help the neighbours - the fun kids next door that everyone wants to be friends with because their parents raised them to be kind and understanding people above all.

———
[name_f]Ofelia[/name_f] “Fia” [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] & [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Nicanor[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]

3 Likes

From your names, I would assume you are European or prefer European names (going off of the names and not anything I know about you). You want your kids to be cultured and enjoy books, music, and pop culture the way you do! Family is important to you, but you’d rather choose names from far back in a family tree or from media than give kids the name of your immediate family. You prefer calming activities and being around small groups of people. You’ll welcome individuality in your kids and teach them to follow their hearts instead of the crowd.

[name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], and [name_u]Daniel[/name_u]?

2 Likes

You are a very traditional, old-fashioned person, maybe a little old to be having kids. You really enjoy classic names that have now gone out of fashion, or timeless ones. You don’t want people to be able to guess your kids’ ages based on their names.

[name_u]Miran[/name_u], [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], [name_u]Judah[/name_u]

1 Like

You have a mixed background of an [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking country and maybe a Southeast European country or you are at least interested by them. You want names to feel recognizable but not something everyone has heard. You also prefer to have names that unisex or could be.

[name_f]Emmy[/name_f], [name_u]Sloane[/name_u], [name_m]Marsden[/name_m], and [name_m]Cole[/name_m]

You like modern names that don’t feel too trendy.

[name_u]Emery[/name_u], [name_u]Haven[/name_u], [name_u]Sutton[/name_u], [name_u]Blair[/name_u], [name_u]Palmer[/name_u], [name_u]Carson[/name_u], [name_u]Reed[/name_u], [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]

1 Like

i’ll asume you’re from the US or from an english speaking country since those names probably wouldn’t work in a non english speaking country. i’d also assume you like old fashioned names that are being used again now, but not the ones that are extremely used. you want your kid to have an unique name but not a extremely rare one, a name that people would know about. also, i’ll assume you like the outdoors a lot, roadtrips and reading a lot.

[name_u]Indigo[/name_u], [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m], [name_u]Florian[/name_u], [name_u]Alma[/name_u], [name_u]Vida[/name_u]

2 Likes

I would assume you love nature and want to raise your children to appreciate the natural world and spend lots of time outside. I would assume the meaning and imagery of names is important to you, and that you want your children to have unique but recognizable names that they won’t share with anyone in their future class. I also see some Spanish and Latin/Roman influence, and I would guess you wanted your children’s names to be pronounceable in multiple languages.

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_u]Everett[/name_u]

1 Like

You probably live in a warmer climate. Your kids would have a healthy mix of creative outlets and athletic ones. You like names that are common but not oozing with popularity, which I respect. You want your kids to have names that will age with them and have lots of nickname possibilities. I assume that you live somewhere where the primary language is [name_f]English[/name_f]. I would guess that you are in your mid to late twenties.

[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_u]Sterling[/name_u], [name_f]Maple[/name_f], [name_u]October[/name_u], [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u], [name_u]Murphy[/name_u], [name_u]Mars[/name_u] + [name_u]Milo[/name_u]

2 Likes

huh…HOW IS THAT SO ACCURATE??? Also Spanish ancestry, Puerto Rican :wink:

next person skip me

2 Likes